HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Default Will Smith hits Chris Rock on Oscars stage

Will Smith slapped Chris Rock in the face on stage at the Oscars after the comic made a joke about the actor's wife Jada Pinkett Smith.

"Jada, can't wait for GI Jane 2," he said, in an apparent reference to her shaved hairdo - which is a result of the hair loss condition alopecia.
    Smith walked on stage and struck Rock before returning to his seat and shouting: "Keep my wife's name out of your **** mouth."
    He later apologised on stage.

"I want to apologise to the Academy. I want to apologise to my all my fellow nominees," he said during a tearful acceptance speech for best actor.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60897004

Last edited by Triz; 28-03-2022 at 10:48 AM.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

I saw that on the news this morning. At first I thought maybe he was joking around, but then once the camera panned to Will Smith and I saw what he said, I was like oh yikes, maybe he wasn't messing around

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Yea I thought it was a sketch at first until I saw the aftermath of it all. I don't doubt that Will Smith could have acted this out and sold the performance, but damn, like I'd HALF understand if Will was already up there on stage and in a moment of "**** you" slaps Chris, but Will literally had to walk a good 10 seconds to get to Chris to slap him, that rules it out being an impulse and a split second bad decision etc...

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I thought maybe they were up there together and he said something, but the fact that he just heads on up there, yikes.

I mean I get why he did it. Taking jabs and trying to make jokes when it's really just him making fun of his wife's condition. I'm glad he did something to stick up for her tbh
    Love cameron446: Loved

MadameJaquack is offline Assistant Events Manager
    HabboxWiki Staff
    Articles Writer

Tokens
    Habbo
    MadameJaquack

Latest Awards:

hi bit late to this but idk if you've seen Will was literally LAUGHING at the joke then two seconds later went up there and slapped Chris.......

i've seen a lot of people defend what he did because he was "defending his wife" but it's really sad that all a lot of people heard about the Oscars this year was this incident. just a bit sad how people like Troy Kotsur (the first deaf male actor to win an Oscar!!!) got completely overlooked/outshined because WillJada Smith wasn't happy that a comedian made a joke about her at a public event - which happens all. the. time. regardless of how anyone felt about the joke, there were definitely better ways to go about it

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

I can not articulate why, but I felt as though that was the top of the iceberg, like, they were already mad at each other, and that offensive joke was just something he used as a cue to about effing time get up and hurt him for many random things that happened before the event!?

hollywood folks

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MadameJaquack View Post
    but it's really sad that all a lot of people heard about the Oscars this year was this incident
    oh yeah this is very true. like i didn't even know the Oscars were happening if I'm honest, and so this is all I've heard about it. Plus, it's taken away the moments for the award winners, etc. when all that's on social media about the Oscars is just this incident

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MadameJaquack View Post
    but it's really sad that all a lot of people heard about the Oscars this year was this incident
    oh yeah this is very true. like i didn't even know the Oscars were happening if I'm honest, and so this is all I've heard about it. Plus, it's taken away the moments for the award winners, etc. when all that's on social media about the Oscars is just this incident