HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Boris

Conor is offline The Santa of Habbox
    HabboxLive Guest DJ (Conor)
    Guest Events Organiser
    HabboxWiki Staff
    Competitions Staff

Tokens
    Habbo
    FUNISMYME

Latest Awards:

Default Bye Bye Boris

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has stepped down. He will make a statement later today but is expected to remain in power till Autumn when a new leader for the Conservative party can be appointed.

What are your thoughts?

Conor
    FUNISMYME on Habbo

Guest HabboxLive DJ & Guest Event Host & HabboxWiki Staff & Competitions Staff

Previously one of the longest running HabboxLive Senior DJ, Ex Event Host, Ex Competition Staff, Ex Article Writer, Ex Help Desk Staff

See something on the Wiki that needs updating? Feel free to PM me info and I'll get it sorted.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

My sense is that the Conservative and Unionist Party has made a fatal mistake and will pay heavily for this. There's no doubt Boris Johnson was the most successful Conservative politician of the 2010s, and won the Tories their largest majority since 1987. Whether you like him or not, he was an extremely successful politician winning the London mayoralty twice, the EU referendum of 2016 and then going on to win in 2019 in places no other Tory could reach and solving the Brexit deadlock.

He's been brought down yes by his own faults, which I believe started when he wrongly sacked Dominic Cummings, but more so by internal politics in the Conservative Party itself. It's no secret that the David Cameron, George Osborne, Theresa May and Jeremy Hunt wing of the party has never liked Boris, and have hated him since he swept them away with the EU referendum. He is a politician unlike them, able to reach voters the Tory Party struggles to reach - he's a modern day Benjamin Disraeli as Dr David Starkey has accurately said.

I am able to vote in the coming leadership election as I am a member of the Conservative Party, and here's my assessment of the assumed candidates. If the party opts - as I think they will - to put in place another left-wing liberal like David Cameron, or a weakling like Theresa May, then they'll have lost my vote at the next General Election.

Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 07-07-2022 at 03:24 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yukieen

Latest Awards:

As long as the new ones would not change the law too much then I'm fine with it...
    I remember I was so confuse with Brexit when they left EU. It make me confuse whether I choose the right path in taking EU Law or not.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

I think this clip with what I assume are first-time Conservative voters in the north pretty much sum up the huge mistake the Tory Party have just made.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Tories in freefall. Likely down to people like myself who will now be withdrawing support/sceptical that they will bother at the next GE.

A month ago the Tories were behind in the polls, but if you had asked me what I thought the likely outcome of a General Election would be in a year or so, I would have said the Conservatives will remain in power after the polls narrow with a reduced majority. Now though? We're looking at a Labour landslide on these figures.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Tories in freefall. Likely down to people like myself who will now be withdrawing support/sceptical that they will bother at the next GE.

A month ago the Tories were behind in the polls, but if you had asked me what I thought the likely outcome of a General Election would be in a year or so, I would have said the Conservatives will remain in power after the polls narrow with a reduced majority. Now though? We're looking at a Labour landslide on these figures.

The reason Tories were behind in the polls is Boris.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Well of those who have declared so far I have pretty much made up my mind who I can bring myself to vote for with some enthusiasm.

1. Suella Braverman

2. Kemi Badenoch

3. Liz Truss

If Priti Patel stands then she's also very likely to get my vote.

The worst candidates standing in my view are, in order of worse to least worst; Jeremy Hunt, Tom Tugendhat, Penny Mordaunt, Sajid Javid and Nadim Zahawi.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatherny View Post
    The reason Tories were behind in the polls is Boris.
    It's normal for any government to be behind in the polls mid-term. The point is the margin by which they are behind. For all the problems of the government and the Prime Minister, the gap between Labour and the Tories was actually quite small, which is why my suspicion is that it would have been possible - not certain - that they could close the gap when a General Election came around. That's what usually happens - have a look at the mid-term polling for 2013 for a comparison where David Cameron was much further behind yet won in 2015. Since deposing the PM, the Tories have crashed to what is essentially their base support (30%).

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

#Suella4PM

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's normal for any government to be behind in the polls mid-term. The point is the margin by which they are behind. For all the problems of the government and the Prime Minister, the gap between Labour and the Tories was actually quite small, which is why my suspicion is that it would have been possible - not certain - that they could close the gap when a General Election came around. That's what usually happens - have a look at the mid-term polling for 2013 for a comparison where David Cameron was much further behind yet won in 2015. Since deposing the PM, the Tories have crashed to what is essentially their base support (30%).

Tories were behind in the polls as Boris thought he could party while telling others to sit at home. Tories were behind in the polls as Boris thought he could employ anyone and it will be OK due to his large win. People expect morals and high standards from a leader. Boris has neither.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well of those who have declared so far I have pretty much made up my mind who I can bring myself to vote for with some enthusiasm.

1. Suella Braverman

2. Kemi Badenoch

3. Liz Truss

If Priti Patel stands then she's also very likely to get my vote.

The worst candidates standing in my view are, in order of worse to least worst; Jeremy Hunt, Tom Tugendhat, Penny Mordaunt, Sajid Javid and Nadim Zahawi.

" bring myself to vote for with some enthusiasm.
    ... Liz Truss"

Thanks for proving your utter and complete incompetence yet again. You never fail to be proved wrong. Lesson for anyone reading: Do the opposite of what this man says as he is always wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast