HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Default voyager golden record

I need your input, habboxer

NASA attached two phonograph records to both Voyager spacecraft, launched in 1977, with the high hopes that ONE DAY any sort of extraterrestrial life with a minimal cultural basis and intellectual substance will reach it thousands of light years beyond us, and learn that they are not alone, consequently letting us to know we are not alone, too. It even contains a little visual tutorial upon what a vinyl is and how to extract audio out of it. Among their containing data, some weirdly self-aware pictures of what humans are, how we do things and, what we've been able to do up to 1977, and a half-biased repertory of the culturally relevant music composed until that point, from classical music, to like, Chuck Berry, to, like, people saying words in multiple languages... and, for some reason, absolutely no Beatles.

Thing is, I think that the cultural touchstones achieved up to 1977, in my POV, were still rather embryonic, and do not reflect the current cultural and technological achievements from humanity, and, taking into consideration how nostalgia and throwbacks are such commonly explored ideas, it's not very far-fetched to assumed that we have, in a way, peaked in existencial terms, enough for an actual compendium of our civilization to be documented and sent to ETs for the light years to come, without losing a lot of accuracy in the long run. But, hey, it's a normal convention for people of the present to always assume they are living out the best the world has to offer and there is nothing left to invent and discover, maybe only put together and rearrange known finds.

TL;DR this thread's actual topic is....... if you were the one summoned to select the songs and images to be sent into the outer space and beyond, for the aliens' acknowledge of us narcissistic Earth people, which ones would they be?
    (Even if just for the laughs )

My contribution would revolve around something around this. But I'll think of something better later!:

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Interesting topic, I hadn't seen it posted - I've read about the golden record before also.

I'm actually sceptical that it is a good idea to try to make contact with alien civilisations for the simple reason that attracting attention to ourselves to a more advanced and potentially hostile civilisation isn't very clever. Even if said civilisation were neutral/friendly, it could still be very dangerous with viruses/pathogens.