HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Elon Musk buys Twitter

Elon Musk buys Twitter

$44bn buyout makes Elon Musk the sole owner of the company and has appointed himself as CEO after sacking existing CEOs

Great news that the left-wing stranglehold over the company is now gone and freedom of speech will now be allowed.

Looking forward to 'misgendering' aka calling a bloke a bloke without being penalised for telling the truth. Similarly posting demographic statistics on crime rates shouldn't be a banning offence either, and nor should criticising locking down the world for a flu or the worthlessness and stupidity of face masks. Neither should Russophiles in the media be slurred with mandatory tags against their names for pointing out the failing of the Ukraine's 'democracy', like George Galloway has been.

Twitter has disgraced itself in recent years on all of these subjects - and we're now in the upside down world where the Ayatollah of Iran has a Twitter account, but a former U.S. President is still banned.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 29-10-2022 at 12:53 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Elon Musk is forced to buy Twitter after threat of a lawsuit*

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Great news that the left-wing stranglehold over the company is now gone
    This never happened
    and freedom of speech will now be allowed.
    it was never not allowed

Looking forward to 'misgendering' aka calling a bloke a bloke without being penalised
    you don't get banned for this
    Similarly posting demographic statistics on crime rates shouldn't be a banning offence either
    nor should criticising locking down the world for a flu or the worthlessness and stupidity of face masks
    Neither should Russophiles in the media be slurred with mandatory tags against their names for pointing out the failing of the Ukraine's 'democracy', like George Galloway has been
    it's not a slur if it's true, also get out of here with your Russian sympathising crap

and we're now in the upside down world where the Ayatollah of Iran has a Twitter account, but a former U.S. President is still banned.

apply a bit of thought to this and it's not really hard to understand why

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Elon Musk is forced to buy Twitter after threat of a lawsuit*

This never happened it was never not allowed
    Yes you do.

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-an...conduct-policy

I've seen countless accounts over the years have to resort to innuendos when discussing race and crime statistics, for fear of being banned.
    Yes you do.

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-an...rmation-policy

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    it's not a slur if it's true, also get out of here with your Russian sympathising crap
    The fact you react to any criticism of the government of the Ukraine like this is exactly why Musk is right to buy Twitter.

apply a bit of thought to this and it's not really hard to understand why
    No go on.

I really do find it hard to understand why the Ayatollah of Iran is allowed on Twitter and the 45th President of the United States of America is not.

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

A huge W for the racists and liars/ignorant who love spreading misinformation. It's never about freedom of speech, if it's factually true or an opinion which doesn't hurt others, it's allowed. If you're celebrating the fact that hate and misinformation will probably be allowed, you have issues. Full grown adults throwing their dummies out of the pram because they can't be racist, it was quite embarrassing tbh.

If you're going to celebrate Musk buying Twitter, it should be his promise to clean up the spam bots and scams however they're currently just promises and as every government has proven, promises aren't always reality! It will just end up becoming a toxic Reddit.
    PoorBoiSam

"If you don't put me in here now, I'm offended" - Connor (Ozad) 16:34 10/05/2020

Supporting the best club in the Midlands, Aston Villa

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@RichBoiSam;

What racists and which instances of racism?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RichBoiSam View Post
    A huge W for the racists and liars/ignorant who love spreading misinformation.Full grown adults throwing their dummies out of the pram because they can't be racist, it was quite embarrassing tbh.

This is why Dan loves it. And if a adult fails to understand why Trump is banned from Twitter, then that person is nothing ... butin the simplest of terms, STUPID.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

this is an anti harassment policy, freedom of speech is not freedom to harass

please point to me where you get banned for criticising lockdowns or mask use

The fact you react to any criticism of the government of the Ukraine like this is exactly why Musk is right to buy Twitter.
    Do explain to me why Ukrainian democracy will be restored by being invaded by Russia

No go on.

I really do find it hard to understand why the Ayatollah of Iran is allowed on Twitter and the 45th President of the United States of America is not.
    the simple reason is Trump violated the t&cs of the service, it's kind of as simple as that. There's probably more to it but you should just read the reasoning behind it... Surprised you aren't empowered by Twitters right to refuse service to someone, seem to be fine for those bakers to refuse the gay couple after all

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

@RichBoiSam;

What racists and which instances of racism?

also on this musk just offed a load of the moderation, naturally this will allow racists and other quite crappy things through.

Saviour of freedom of speech Musk also just banned people who have a parody account of him god bless freedom of speech

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Seatherny View Post
    This is why Dan loves it. And if a adult fails to understand why Trump is banned from Twitter, then that person is nothing ... butin the simplest of terms, STUPID.
    Well three of you so far have replied to this thread and not a single one of you have been able to explain the logic behind the 45th President of the United States being banned from Twitter while the mad mullahs in Iran, Pakistan and crackpot nations are given free reign to spew their propaganda. I'm waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    this is an anti harassment policy, freedom of speech is not freedom to harass
    You're telling me that if I rightly call someone a man who is a man but who pretends to be a woman, that that isn't freedom of speech but harassment?

please point to me where you get banned for criticising lockdowns or mask use
    https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-an...rmation-policy

Do explain to me why Ukrainian democracy will be restored by being invaded by Russia
    Where have I stated that I support the Ukraine being invaded by Russia?

You know, it's possible to hold two beliefs at the same time - that Russia invading is bad, and that the Ukrainian government is corrupt/dodgy.

the simple reason is Trump violated the t&cs of the service, it's kind of as simple as that. There's probably more to it but you should just read the reasoning behind it... Surprised you aren't empowered by Twitters right to refuse service to someone, seem to be fine for those bakers to refuse the gay couple after all
    I've always supported Twitter's right to ban anyone - I'm just happy that now the shoe is in the other foot.

also on this musk just offed a load of the moderation, naturally this will allow racists and other quite crappy things through.

Saviour of freedom of speech Musk also just banned people who have a parody account of him god bless freedom of speech
    But Twitter already allows racism - so long as it is directed against white people. Just look at Dr Shola and Diane Abbott being given free rein.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well three of you so far have replied to this thread and not a single one of you have been able to explain the logic behind the 45th President of the United States being banned from Twitter while the mad mullahs in Iran, Pakistan and crackpot nations are given free reign to spew their propaganda. I'm waiting.

A) If one criminal is not jailed for any reason, it does not mean every other criminal should be able to walk free. Tony Blair is not in jail. Does this mean we should release every other murderer? The 45th POTUS is a crackpot who still denies the result of every election he loses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast