HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default York Minster unveils new statue

York Minster unveils new statue

Statue of Queen Elizabeth II on the front of York Minster is revealed by King Charles III

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News
    The King has unveiled a statue to his "beloved" mother in York, the first to be installed since her death.

The 6ft 7in (2m) sculpture was designed to celebrate the late Queen's Platinum Jubilee and was completed in August, the month before she died.

Speaking in front of crowds at York Minster, King Charles said her effigy would "watch over" the city.

The King was presented with a maquette of the statue after a service inside the cathedral.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News
    He later travelled to Doncaster to confer formal city status as he concluded his two-day trip to Yorkshire.

During the ceremony in York, the King said: "The late Queen was always vigilant for the welfare of her people during her life.

"Now her image will watch over what will become Queen Elizabeth Square for centuries to come."

The statue, which sits in a niche at the west front of the Minster, is said to weigh almost two tonnes and is made from French lepine limestone.

It depicts the Queen wearing Garter robes and the George IV State Diadem, and holding the orb and sceptre symbols of authority.

As someone who detests modern public 'art' I just love old stone statues. The design looks great.

Hopefully in time most major cities and towns will have a statue of some sort, much like with Queen Victoria.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 09-11-2022 at 08:41 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

I was wondering why King Charles was in York as one of my friends posted a video of him driving past (well, in the back seat) whilst he was there. It's a nice statue and a lovely gesture, I'm not sure if it would last long in Birmingham but would be good to see more of them across the country.
    PoorBoiSam

"If you don't put me in here now, I'm offended" - Connor (Ozad) 16:34 10/05/2020

Supporting the best club in the Midlands, Aston Villa

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RichBoiSam View Post
    I was wondering why King Charles was in York as one of my friends posted a video of him driving past (well, in the back seat) whilst he was there. It's a nice statue and a lovely gesture, I'm not sure if it would last long in Birmingham but would be good to see more of them across the country.
    You guys have the impressive Victoria statue in Victoria Square.

Although I am afraid the Victoria Memorial in Liverpool beats you.

I expect it'll take a decade or so for most Elizabeth II memorials/statues to spring up, similar to Victoria - some were even unveiled by George V after Edward VII had died.

The main one seems to be the Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square, which has long been rumoured to have been 'saved' for a statue of The late Queen on horseback.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 13-11-2022 at 12:21 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Can't say I'm WILDLY impressed, it's all a bit flat and featureless like a plaster of paris mould. Without the crown it wouldn't be recognisable as her really
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +