HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default First coins of The King enter circulation

First coins of The King enter circulation

The Royal Mint has released a batch of new 50p coins, the first currency to feature the new monarch

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News
    Millions of 50p coins bearing the image of King Charles III will enter circulation from Thursday via post offices across the country.

They are the first mass-produced coins carrying the new King's image, and will be given out in change to customers.

An estimated 4.9 million of the new coins are being distributed to post offices - about half of the total number earmarked for circulation.

Coins carrying the image of the late Queen will still be accepted in shops.

"Today marks a new era for UK coinage, with the effigy of King Charles III appearing on 50ps in circulation," said Rebecca Morgan, director of collector services at The Royal Mint.

"We anticipate a new generation of coin collectors emerging, with people keeping a close eye on their change to try and spot a new 50p that bears the portrait of our new King."

The coin has been struck at The Royal Mint in Llantrisant, Wales, using an image of the King produced over the course of months by sculptor Martin Jennings.
    I last read that the change in notes will likely kick in late next year/in 2024, once the design has been finalised.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I know that its because of my entire life its been the queen but WOW this just looks like a fake coin to me

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Be better with this image on it

| TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I know that its because of my entire life its been the queen but WOW this just looks like a fake coin to me
    Agreed, and two nerdy interestingish facts to know given we've only ever experienced one monarch on a coin.

1. The monarch's portrait always faces the opposite way to the monarch before, so King Charles III faces to the left like King George VI.

2. Before decimalisation, it was quite common to have coins stretching back to Queen Victoria still in circulation up to the early 1970s.

Here in Spain I would say I still come across King Juan Carlos I coins just as much as King Felipe VI coins, nearly 10 years after the succession.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 13-12-2022 at 11:06 PM.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

The Bank of England has tonight revealed the new banknote design of the monarch. Expected to enter circulation in 2024.

Sadly they never took the @FlyingJesus; suggestion of using the misc Habbo poster.

And here's the current ones for comparison...

Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 20-12-2022 at 01:38 AM.