PDA

View Full Version : Stomach fat / Arm muscle

Safe Virus
11-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Before I start, I cannot spell, so dont correct me, I guess It's not that terrible so you cant read it.

I was out with two of my close friends, I was getting hott so I decided to walk back to my mates house to grab some water. I just sat on his sofa for a while becuase they both got caught up with two girls at the park.

As they came back, they had their tops off (I guess there were hot?) anyways, I noticed how they both almost had six packs (Like two/four packs) and much more amr muscle.

While I found I'm fat and have no arm muscle.

Advice on getting my stomach fat down also arm muscle.
Thanks.

JackHb
11-06-2006, 06:31 PM
To build up your bisceps/triceps you need to buy weights (dumbells), then around 3 to 4 times a week do ceartin exercises to help build up the muslce.

http://www.muscletech.com/TRAINING/DUMBELL_WORKOUT/All_Dumbell_Workout.shtml

That is the website i used to teach me some excerises to do with weights, but also some of my friends have shown me some.

You could do sit ups every night and do some other cardio to get a tonned stomach.

Wayne
11-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Probably going to the gym is best. Or, as stated above, get some dumbells, light ones for toning and heavy ones for muscle building, and for toning of the stomach, do some crunches or do some sit ups whilst resting a dumbell on your stomach and holding it against your stomach as you come up and go back down.
If you think you're fat, you could also try and cut down on fatty foods and stuff.

Shanker
11-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Probably going to the gym is best. Or, as stated above, get some dumbells, light ones for toning and heavy ones for muscle building, and for toning of the stomach, do some crunches or do some sit ups whilst resting a dumbell on your stomach and holding it against your stomach as you come up and go back down.
If you think you're fat, you could also try and cut down on fatty foods and stuff.

Yeh am like that abit, Am starting weightlifting in a few weeks at home, and doing them at school on thursdays + fridays and drinking water, and regular, jogs, and taking walks, bulids muscle in ur legs

jojoandme
12-06-2006, 01:38 AM
To build up your bisceps/triceps you need to buy weights (dumbells), then around 3 to 4 times a week do ceartin exercises to help build up the muslce.

http://www.muscletech.com/TRAINING/DUMBELL_WORKOUT/All_Dumbell_Workout.shtml

That is the website i used to teach me some excerises to do with weights, but also some of my friends have shown me some.

You could do sit ups every night and do some other cardio to get a tonned stomach.
Don't give faulse info.
you work out tops two times a week.
There are many exercises you can do to build up your body to look muscular.
I suggest running to get of the fat.
Arm curls to show off the guns you start of low weights and then you go heavier and heavier then you go lower weights again to get your arms pumped with blood. You could also drink protien shakes to increase musle.
Squating for the legs great for picking up the chicks :).
leg curls also for picking up the chicks.
Theses are the main exercises you can do at first start of easy then get harder. It is safer to get the easy motion down then get harder.

GommeInc
12-06-2006, 09:08 AM
I wouldn't go with JachHbs information 100%. You don't need to buy dumbells or weights. You can gain arm muscle without the need to pay anything! Here are a few ideas to help do it the free and better way:

1. Outside work. Pulling down trees, tearing down sheds, lifting objects. Generally gardening.
2. Swimming. Although, this isn't free, it is more fun and enjoyable than lifting weights in a room for an hour.
3. Jogging, walking. General exercies done outside. Star jumps, stretchs etc.
4. Dancing!

Reason for 1. Weights will vary all the time. This makes the muscles get use to different sorts of obstacles and weights at the same time. Which is good because your muscles can build up strength to demoliish or lift something rather than haviing to wait a few days to do something.

Reason for 2. Swimming is fun and in some Leisure centres, it isn't costly. It also develops other parts of your body like your legs and as you want, the abdominal areas (your abs). It aldo build up arm muscle.

Reason for 3. Completely free. You can go walk around your local town or neighbourhood. Go learn a few things about where you live (if you live in the country). Gech, randomly inviting your friends to a day around a city or build up area could be good.

Reasion for 4. Dancing is basically exercising to music in my opinion. Just find something that can let you loose and wave your arms around!

Many
12-06-2006, 09:37 AM
To get good stomach muscles ('six pack') you need to let it show!
You DO have one - everyone does, you just cant see it on some people as there is a layer of fat covering it! You need to loose it in order to see your muscles. It's simple really. 3 meals a day, try to make them healthy, and try and do quite a bit of exercise.
Also follow the infomation others have given you.
Oh - these 2 links may be of use - try them.
http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories/calorie_counter.htm
http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist.htm

-Paul
12-06-2006, 10:09 AM
I just go for a jog every 2 days and i'm never not playing football.. that seems to work for me.

Get yourself into a sport and don't give up.

Many
12-06-2006, 11:18 AM
I just go for a jog every 2 days and i'm never not playing football.. that seems to work for me.

Get yourself into a sport and don't give up.

Agreed :P

GommeInc
12-06-2006, 02:47 PM
To get good stomach muscles ('six pack') you need to let it show!
You DO have one - everyone does, you just cant see it on some people as there is a layer of fat covering it! You need to loose it in order to see your muscles. It's simple really. 3 meals a day, try to make them healthy, and try and do quite a bit of exercise.
Also follow the infomation others have given you.
Oh - these 2 links may be of use - try them.
http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories/calorie_counter.htm
http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist.htm
You practically picked out the obvious... Everyone should have stomach muscles. If you don't, then you would be seriously deformed and wheel chair bound.

I think this weather would be great for small exercise, you can sweat it all out!

Shanker
12-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Mate Listen, Do Weightlifiting, 2-3times aweek, I done, 1 hour aday lol, from today lol, and go to the gym, like 1-2times a months, for different equipment, then easy jogs and working, I attend to set off on a adventure, and run abit :) and eat grapefruit, that burns fat, not just one, one each day

JackHb
12-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Don't give faulse info.
you work out tops two times a week.
There are many exercises you can do to build up your body to look muscular.
I suggest running to get of the fat.
Arm curls to show off the guns you start of low weights and then you go heavier and heavier then you go lower weights again to get your arms pumped with blood. You could also drink protien shakes to increase musle.
Squating for the legs great for picking up the chicks :).
leg curls also for picking up the chicks.
Theses are the main exercises you can do at first start of easy then get harder. It is safer to get the easy motion down then get harder.

How is what i said false information? You do not work out two times a week tops, you can work out as many times a week as you want, my cousin works out 6 times a week for 4 hours, all my friends who go to the gym work out 3-4 times a week so does my brother and loads of other people i know.
Read any site they will say 2-4 times a week is fine. Not 2 tops - So you info is false if anything.

And whoever said to pull down trees and go dancing - You would not catch me going into the forest to pull down a few trees or to go dancing :S

Many
14-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Nor me :)

Assid_Rane
14-06-2006, 10:28 PM
im in the exact same position. most of my mates have better abs than i do + more arm muscle.

i started doing weights at home and at first, it was easy to see improvment, same with sit-ups, but this decreases after a while, so you gotta train harder.

someone said to do sit-ups with weights on ur stomach? well i dont think thats right... at least not yet anyway. when your first starting out, you should get your body used to doing sit-ups first. same with the weights, use light weights first. and work your way up.

drink lots of water + get plenty of sleep as thats when your muscles grow.

also, play a lot of sports. this not only makes your muscles stronger, but it will increase your indurence so you can go longer.

i have a good site where you can ask any questions that you may need to know, if u want it, just PM me.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!