PDA

View Full Version : Who can handstand/hand balance

Asher
02-03-2008, 09:08 PM
I've been trying this out for a good few months, trying to perfect it and what not. I have concluded it's down to the action/balance you exert on your wrists. Sometimes I can balance for 10 seconds, sometimes longer or shorter.

I've been trying to do handstand press-ups basically, and it's nice to have something to work at through regular practicing and then seeing progress.

Are there any dancers/gymnasts etc etc, who can give me any tips for a longer balance.

By handstand, I don't just mean flipping your legs up in the air and landing back down, I mean a well postured balance.

Cheers :)

Adam$
02-03-2008, 09:45 PM
I can't :(

Asher
02-03-2008, 09:48 PM
OK, thank you for your invaluable response.

FlyingJesus
02-03-2008, 10:01 PM
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CLux__S2lOq5RBDYBRhPMgiPqXfNFIeiEQ

benjamin
02-03-2008, 10:02 PM
what are handstand press ups? O_o

i love doing handstands, they're well fun

Asher
02-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Can be done with the aid of a wall, or without (which is extremely difficult) When balanced against a wall, it's just lowering yourself/head down then lifting back up with your arms to your original position.

Danny$
02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
i can do em underwater

benjamin
02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Can be done with the aid of a wall, or without (which is extremely difficult) When balanced against a wall, it's just lowering yourself/head down then lifting back up with your arms to your original position.
ohhh, my mate can do them, she's really flexible and a really good dancer.. dunno if that helps lol

FlyingJesus
02-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Jacob what's her number

Edited by REDNECK (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

jesus
02-03-2008, 10:28 PM
I was trying it the other day. I can't do it but I can do handsprings. :)

benjamin
02-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Jacob what's her number
it's my prom date ;)

FlyingJesus
02-03-2008, 10:34 PM
IT WASN'T A POINTLESS POST I WAS ASKING REGARDING THE GIRL, WHO WAS A SUBTOPIC OF THIS THREAD. I WIN.

Also she is fit lol

Virgin Mary
02-03-2008, 10:35 PM
You do a handstand and maintain the centre of gravity.

Ashley 12344
02-03-2008, 10:45 PM
IT WASN'T A POINTLESS POST I WAS ASKING REGARDING THE GIRL, WHO WAS A SUBTOPIC OF THIS THREAD. I WIN.

Also she is fit lol

Yeah, doesn't really qualify as pointless if you ask me.
Would guess she ain't a munter if shes a good dancer as nobody would want her to dance.

It'll take a lot of practice without something to balance on, which tbh I'd recommend. Not been able to do anything like that for years personally. Oh well :)

Asher
02-03-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm trying to lose the momentum of the wall, but not quite there yet.

Slowpoke
02-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Yeah, doesn't really qualify as pointless if you ask me.:)

His post got edited it's not as if he was infracted.

I can walk on my hands but I can't do press-ups or any of that professional weird stuff :).

benjamin
02-03-2008, 11:10 PM
His post got edited it's not as if he was infracted.

I can walk on my hands but I can't do press-ups or any of that professional weird stuff :).
how'd you know he didn't get infracted? and still there wasn't any grounds to edit it on really.

but yer, tom knows she is BOOMTING.

Slowpoke
02-03-2008, 11:13 PM
how'd you know he didn't get infracted? and still there wasn't any grounds to edit it on really.

but yer, tom knows she is BOOMTING.

because people don't get infracted for pointless posting, they get a warning at the most and that's if they are found doing it several times in a short space of time. if it becomes more severe and they do all the time management will issue a caution or a temporary ban.

Metric.
02-03-2008, 11:13 PM
LOL NO, I HAVE AWFUL BALANCE!!!

benjamin
02-03-2008, 11:16 PM
because people don't get infracted for pointless posting, they get a warning at the most and that's if they are found doing it several times in a short space of time. if it becomes more severe and they do all the time management will issue a caution or a temporary ban.
yes but he didn't pointless post, hence the 2nd part of my post.

Boxiel
02-03-2008, 11:17 PM
I can stand/walk on my hands for a good 5 minutes before I go dizzy..

Slowpoke
02-03-2008, 11:17 PM
yes but he didn't pointless post, hence the 2nd part of my post.

it was off topic/had no relevance to the thread which is why it was deemed pointless :). if you wish to continue this discussion please PM me.

benjamin
02-03-2008, 11:20 PM
it was off topic/had no relevance to the thread which is why it was deemed pointless :). if you wish to continue this discussion please PM me.
no it wasn't, it was spurting off something else mentioned in a post in this thread - that isn't classed as off-topic.

and i'd rather not, prob wouldn't get a reply :D! (oooh, low blow!)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!