PDA

View Full Version : what to do?

Gubai
17-03-2008, 08:49 PM
well i admit im overweight (quite a bit) and i really want to lose it, i dont smoke and i drink once a week (on a friday)

i eat quite healthily, but im wondering what to do.. i dont really like many sports, i enjoy swimming though.. thing is most of my friends hate swimming and i dont want to go by myself or join some stupid swimming club where i dont know anybody, all the afterschool clubs at my school are crap so i cant really do them. what else should i do?

does just getting out of the house and walking around help?
im stuck for ideas. :eusa_wall
when i get back from my holiday in july my dad is buying an exercise machine and that will help but i don't know what to do until then,
and when i go back to school after the easter holidays i have to do the bleep test and everything again, and i dont do very well on them.

what else can i do to lose weight? thanks. :8

Jinc
17-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Cut down on fatty foods?

Its easy to eat more healthily without actually going on a diet.

Gubai
17-03-2008, 09:05 PM
believe me i dont eat hardly ANY fatty foods
i eat healthy things like veg, fish etc
im having a bag of maltesers now which is the first sweet/chocolate that ive had since about last tuesday, so its not really that im eating unhealthy, just that i cant seem to lose any weight because there is NOTHING to do.

GhostFace-
17-03-2008, 09:07 PM
how overweight are u o.o

well i reccomend going to a gym.

or else play sports with your friends on weekends start up like a basketball team.

Gubai
17-03-2008, 09:10 PM
quite a bit
and i dont really wanna go to the gym by myself (im only 12 years old)
and i'd look like a bit of an idiot.. i hate most sports really, basketball is alright but where would i play basketball? no centres or like pitches around here.

Danny,
17-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Cut back on everything, just because what your eating is healthy doesnt mean you can have masses of it and not gain weight and tbh you just sound lazy.
walk to school, walk to the shops when you can, do pushups and situps or lift weights, you can do all these things on your on or with friends so you dont have to worry about going somewhere you dont know anybody.

brandon
17-03-2008, 09:28 PM
quite a bit
and i dont really wanna go to the gym by myself (im only 12 years old)
and i'd look like a bit of an idiot.. i hate most sports really, basketball is alright but where would i play basketball? no centres or like pitches around here.
If you're too scared to go to the Gym buy yourself a cheap piece of Gym equipment. :)

Gubai
17-03-2008, 09:35 PM
i do walk to the shops and i can do situps.
i dont wanna go to the gym by myself,
but my dad is buying some gym equipment.
anything else i could do?

Rhiz
17-03-2008, 09:45 PM
dont miss meals to loose weight like some people will say
cut out snacks or any food between meals, and just have 3 HEALTHY BALANCED meals a day not just salad or something as it will run you down eventually as you're not getting alot of vitamins that u need etc, then on your last dinner, have like a pudding or something if you feel like one afterwards (dont just have one for the sake of it)

other than that maybe try and go out jogging or something before or after school?

Gubai
17-03-2008, 10:02 PM
thanks Rhiz :)

Miserlou
18-03-2008, 02:40 AM
Hope it's going alright.
Walking instead of the car does help. HOOVERING ;D, Walking the dog if you have one - running with him in a park?, Sit ups, you can pick up weights cheap, Football or any type of running games with friends, Swimming is great don't be embarassed drag your mates along and have lots of races, or a parent and do laps.
You may grow to like a swimming group I made lots of friends there when I was younger 'cause I've always been keen on swimming and used to do it for badges and awards. Setting yourself targets and rewarding yourself can boost your enthusiasm. &Them badges work your body I tell ya.
You may even meet friends there with the same problem who you can go swimming with for fun too :)

I agree with the 3 balanced meals.
ALSO. Try not to skip breatfast. It sets you off for the day, gives you energy and you're least likely to snack.
Drink plenty of water or weak squash if you prefer.
Don't keep watching the scales as it can be irritating if you don't loose much in however many days and cause pressure to think - ''what the hell might aswell eat crap.''
Wait a week or two and you'll be suprised.
Also remember muscle weighs more than fat. So if those scales aren't moving as much as you hope don't be put down. Measure ur body with a tape you will also see a difference that way.

Remember if you're only 12 you are still growing. When people have their growth spurts then tend to even out a bit more I suppose.

Rcss
18-03-2008, 06:39 PM
If your dad is buying a gym why not ask him for some plastic surgrey =]

whoooosh
18-03-2008, 06:55 PM
drink lots of water
it helps to burn fat
ask your parents of someone to start swimming with you
its great exercise and if someone will go with you
it will help you to go
and loose weight
even if you only do 10 mins a day
good luck

brandon
18-03-2008, 07:01 PM
If your dad is buying a gym why not ask him for some plastic surgrey =]
Why would he need plastic surgery? :S And what does that have to do with 'buying a gym'.

Gubai
18-03-2008, 07:27 PM
he isnt buying a GYM, he's buying gym EQUIPMENT.
*Text Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude towards other forum members.

Wig44.
20-03-2008, 08:00 PM
well i admit im overweight (quite a bit) and i really want to lose it, i dont smoke and i drink once a week (on a friday)

i eat quite healthily, but im wondering what to do.. i dont really like many sports, i enjoy swimming though.. thing is most of my friends hate swimming and i dont want to go by myself or join some stupid swimming club where i dont know anybody, all the afterschool clubs at my school are crap so i cant really do them. what else should i do?

does just getting out of the house and walking around help?
im stuck for ideas. :eusa_wall
when i get back from my holiday in july my dad is buying an exercise machine and that will help but i don't know what to do until then,
and when i go back to school after the easter holidays i have to do the bleep test and everything again, and i dont do very well on them.

what else can i do to lose weight? thanks. :8

You drink once a week (alcohol I guess) And you are twelve? Thats a little ****** wouldnt you say?

Misawa
21-03-2008, 01:59 AM
You're only 12, so wait until your matabolism changes - a couple of years probably. You'll see the effects of a healthy diet and reasonable exercise then. Some people are naturally big, but in a couple of years there should be no reason why you may be quite overweight if you've not got a bad diet. Oh, and at 12, don't drink. It's as simple as that. Cut that out right now.

Glen Coco
21-03-2008, 09:28 AM
hahah. i have like the SAME problem, except im 13 , im not over weight and my dads not buying gym stuff and i dont drink every friday.
have u tried horse riding? it can be quite expensive but it's good excercise. also, why dont u ask your dad about going swimming with you sometimes? that way ur not alone. or just talk to some people that like swimming and ask if you can join them?
walking is a good excercise. if you try walking as long as you can, then turn back. then maybe increase the lengths you walk you could loose some weight. :)
i wouldnt advise cutting out food but maybe if your eating a bit more you could ask for smaller portions?
oh and maybe you should stop drinkng alchol. that could have a big impact.

StripedTiger
21-03-2008, 02:04 PM
you could try jogging?

if you dont lik taking part in football, but know the rules, be a referee? you still run around the pitch n getting exercise? :P:P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!