PDA

View Full Version : illegal satellite

Mexel
20-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Right in pub today they were showing Blues V Villa. But its on some Illegal channel or somthing. How do you get these? I allredy pay 30 odd quid a month for my sky but ive heard with these boxes you get loads of channels with live sport on you cant usualy get and its a one off fee?

GoldenMerc
20-04-2008, 06:22 PM
One of my friend had one of thease i think it was one **** of big dish in his garden i didnt rly know what it was untill the day when he left :P

Hayd93
20-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Right in pub today they were showing Blues V Villa. But its on some Illegal channel or somthing. How do you get these? I allredy pay 30 odd quid a month for my sky but ive heard with these boxes you get loads of channels with live sport on you cant usualy get and its a one off fee?
As far as you described it is forfin satellite.This ain't illegal its just on foreign stations.These are found from different satellites so instead of the usually they may have had it at 13 degrees east hotbird or something like that.These sometimes require a 60" dish instead of the usually mini dish.

As far as how legal this is i aint sure for home use i am sure it is not illigal but for pub use it may.

LouisCollins
20-04-2008, 06:23 PM
I've got one, Its not the DISH that makes it work its the box. they get sold on ebay. and there not illegal :)

Hayd93
20-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I've got one, Its not the DISH that makes it work its the box. they get sold on ebay. and there not illegal :)
The box should make no differnce its what position the dish is pointed at

LouisCollins
20-04-2008, 06:28 PM
This is wrong. I have a DIGI box NOT SKY NOT NTL or anything like that. What it does is scrambels the channels so that they come through on your tv. Some times it dosen't work but then you just turn it of and it will update your box. It's nothing to do with the satalite i could do it with a normal bloody tv areial.

Hayd93
20-04-2008, 06:30 PM
This is wrong. I have a DIGI box NOT SKY NOT NTL or anything like that. What it does is scrambels the channels so that they come through on your tv. Some times it dosen't work but then you just turn it of and it will update your box. It's nothing to do with the satalite i could do it with a normal bloody tv areial.
Hmm i never really heard of these before.Care to link me i would be intrested and so would my dad as he deals with tv ariels and sky

Recursion
20-04-2008, 07:07 PM
You cannot receive channels from a sattlite dish through a normal TV aerial.

StefanCampbell
22-04-2008, 04:18 PM
LouisCollins i have the same box as u, its called a dbox, i dont get foreign channels but mine does exactly as u said so stop lieing, and yeh my dad has one of these boxes, he gets channels from saudi and they always have nearly every single premier league game on, he gets spanish channels ect too. it's not illegal for home use, but is if it's in a public place. So yeh, your local pub is ilegal? Lol.

Adam$
22-04-2008, 08:02 PM
no, it's the box combined with a dish that can do this. afaik you can't pick up additional non-sky channels on a sky digibox.

Papershop
23-04-2008, 05:21 PM
YOU DO NOT NEED ANY SORT OF SATALITE?!

they are called eurovox box's. And they basically retrieve the channels. They are not illegal, but viewing the paid for channels is. However they cannot be traced. The only thing they can do is send a signal down to your box to stop your viewing. (but then this can be sorted by a quick look on google ;) etc )

Jordy
23-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Yeah lots of pub's are using them to get the Arabian channel's to show Premierleague football not available in the UK.

It's legal to use them, but it maybe a slight copyright breach, no one is quite sure.

Here's a news article on it, it's all a bit sketchy: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7348839.stm

alexxxxx
23-04-2008, 07:54 PM
its not illegal as long as the cards were bought in the EU.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!