PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Applications - Open!

Pages : [1] 2

Slowpoke
12-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Good luck if you're applying! :)

msb.
12-06-2008, 07:10 PM
good news :)

I will be entering and I am going to try to write to my best of ability to be honest.

BRB :) wish me luck. :) (please)

slam
12-06-2008, 07:11 PM
yes!!!!! i'm applying!!!

The Professor
12-06-2008, 07:11 PM
You'll have to write well, remember I've been in articles for 18 months ;)

Good luck to all who apply :) Remember to answer the Pot Noodle question truthfully!

Slowpoke
12-06-2008, 07:12 PM
good news :)

I will be entering and I am going to try to write to my best of ability to be honest.

BRB :) wish me luck. :) (please)

I expected as much. Lol at the amount of times you had to edit that to write to the 'best of your ability'. ;)

-Eyeless-
12-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Applied :) Hope to see you guys in the mod forum :P That will be my third habbox job, after my short stint for the content department :P

Hayd93
12-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Good luck all.

-Eyeless-
12-06-2008, 07:17 PM
I would love to join the team :) But I think alex's love for me may get in the way of work :rolleyes: :O

The Professor
12-06-2008, 07:19 PM
It hasn't stopped us yet Will Young, your articles still pwn the content team's poor attempt at a website!

Love ya really guyz (L)

jesus
12-06-2008, 07:20 PM
I might apply.

-Eyeless-
12-06-2008, 07:21 PM
:O lol I try:P Nobody reported on my WOW review :O I was gutted :( lol

Just remember if I get a trial we will see a lot more of each other :P Not that there is much more of you to see :O

Yea jesus you should :O You would be sik ed ravin super mod

Elkaa
12-06-2008, 07:21 PM
I remember back when I applied to become a Moderator - MAD said no to me. :(

Slowpoke
12-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Remember to answer the Pot Noodle question truthfully!

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth

I might apply.

Best of luck.

Test:Tube:Baby
12-06-2008, 07:24 PM
I might apply.
You'll never get in. They want good, hard-working people in their team.

Sepron
12-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Good luck to everybody ;)

Zehro
12-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm going to apply, maybe I'll pass the application, maybe I won't. Fingers crossed eh?

-Eyeless-
12-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Good luck to everyone btw, forgot to say that :P

Immenseman
12-06-2008, 07:30 PM

Remind me to +rep MAD please :D. Good luck to everyone who applies, it's not an easu job only apply if you're up for a challenge! :)

Slowpoke
12-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Remind me to +rep MAD please :D. Good luck to everyone who applies, it's not an easu job only apply if you're up for a challenge! :)

Remind you? Oh my god what a bone idol brain you have! :@

Immenseman
12-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Or it was a joke.. :P

Zehro
12-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Good luck to everyone btw, forgot to say that :P

Thanks you to, I also applied for Articles, I heard theres a great atmosphere there ;)

Slowpoke
12-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Or it was a joke.. :P

Could've fooled me! :rolleyes:;)

-Eyeless-
12-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks you to, I also applied for Articles, I heard theres a great atmosphere there ;)

Only the best :D

msb.
12-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I expected as much. Lol at the amount of times you had to edit that to write to the 'best of your ability'. ;)
Hello :)

Practice makes perfection and in this case I didn't have to edit it :) As it would of said "edited" lol :)

Slowpoke
12-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Hello :)

Practice makes perfection and in this case I didn't have to edit it :) As it would of said "edited" lol :)

You did it within the minute - Remember moderators can see logs! ;)

The Professor
12-06-2008, 07:40 PM
If anyone wants some trivia, there have been 17 applications sent in so far, and I make it about half an hour ;)

Judge Judy
12-06-2008, 07:41 PM
I applied.

3rd attempt to try be one. :(

Con

Good luck to all who apply :) Remember to answer the Pot Noodle question truthfully!

Applied :)

answered pot noddle Q truthfully :P

-Eyeless-
WOW thats a lot

Slowpoke
12-06-2008, 07:43 PM
If anyone wants some trivia, there have been 17 applications sent in so far, and I make it about half an hour ;)

Not bad - Shows enthusiasm!

Hitman
12-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I might apply.I have already applied, I sent my app in!

Habbox name: hitman plz
Past accounts (if any): vry old 1s
Why you want to become a moderator: cuz i got the habboXfactor!!!
What you feel you can offer the team: lots of luv
Time spent on the forums per day: 24hours
Do you like Pot Noodles (incredibly important): innit (seemed the right question to put innit in it)

Hope I get in!

On a serious note, goodluck to all that enter (almost put well done, then I put congrats! :rolleyes:)

Recursion
12-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Applied, even did the Pot Noodle question :8

-Eyeless-
12-06-2008, 07:53 PM
I work in a pot noodle mine... No joke :O

no waiii
12-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Good Luck to all who applyied!

Zehro
12-06-2008, 08:00 PM
I work in a pot noodle mine... No joke :O

I could believe that, in Wales?

And Good Luck to everyone who applies.

At the Moment everyone has a 35% of getting in :)

Pyroka
12-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I want to apply, but I know I won't write much in the "Why you want to be a Moderator" because tbh, the only reason I want to is to help the community I enjoy. :S

Well, short and sweet eh... I doubt anyone wants a 5-page letter because not even I did that for applying for Primark lol. Alex, you know how good I am at writing anyway (News Team aha) ;D

-Eyeless-
12-06-2008, 08:02 PM
I could believe that, in Wales?

And Good Luck to everyone who applies.

At the Moment everyone has a 35% of getting in :)

Yes in wales, my mum owns a house in wales... Im not welsh though :O

Zehro
12-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Yes in wales, my mum owns a house in wales... Im not welsh though :O

And she shut's you in the cellar :P
I'm an eight welsh, but I don't do anything to sheep ;)/

Anyway Good Luck to all those who apply.

Catzsy
12-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I want to apply, but I know I won't write much in the "Why you want to be a Moderator" because tbh, the only reason I want to is to help the community I enjoy. :S

Well, short and sweet eh... I doubt anyone wants a 5-page letter because not even I did that for applying for Primark lol. Alex, you know how good I am at writing anyway (News Team aha) ;D

I can't think of a better reason than to want to help the community you enjoy! :D Best of luck, everyone :)

Pyroka
12-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Applied lol, I swear my MOD app sounds a complete pisstake.

Stevehere
12-06-2008, 08:18 PM
So if someone joined 2 seconds ago they could apply? :eusa_wall

Kieran
Ive applied. =)

Recursion
Does he wait the full 7 days to start replying or does he do it thoughout the days?

Pyroka
12-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Probably starts dishing them out from day to day.

Seeing as theres 6 positions, I think it'd be safe to give one out every day (except today)? :P

Recursion
12-06-2008, 08:20 PM
I won't get in anyway haha.

Andys
12-06-2008, 08:21 PM
I applied, good luck all.

Pyroka
12-06-2008, 08:21 PM
I should get in if theyre accepting human beings and not robots who think Moderating is all about automated responses and stuff like that.

Slowpoke
12-06-2008, 08:22 PM
I should get in if theyre accepting human beings and not robots who think Moderating is all about automated responses and stuff like that.

It's all changed, there's no more robotic responses - You'll see what I mean if you get the job. :)

Agnostic Bear
12-06-2008, 08:22 PM
I have applied (cause I'm so fly)

Pyroka
12-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Oh so they've finally took what I'd say was one of my suggestions which I said back in my days of patriotic MAD hater, and started PM'ing people about removing things instead of them doing it?

That took a while.

Recursion
12-06-2008, 08:24 PM

I think you need to be somwhat established?

-Eyeless-
12-06-2008, 08:24 PM
The humans are dead! We used poisonous gasses and destroyed theyre *** es with traces of lead :O

myke
12-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Good luck to you all. :)

Pyroka
The humans are dead! We used poisonous gasses and destroyed theyre *** es with traces of lead :O

+REP JUST FOR THAT REFERENCE.

Inseriousity.
I won't apply for Mod because I just find it so robotic after a while...

"Don't double post"
"Don't spam"
"Post in the correct thread. Thread moved" etc...

I applied for articles because I like writing... although it's my 3rd try so maybe Alex is trying to say something...

Pyroka
12-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Well since youre a News Reporter too, MOD wouldn't be wise along with it lol. Sounds like you've got enough on your plate right now, especially since you might be heading into GCSEs about now? Just as a guess lol.

Recursion
12-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Good luck to you all. :)

Thanks :P And congratulations and jubilations! (8) on your new position :)

The Professor
Oh so they've finally took what I'd say was one of my suggestions which I said back in my days of patriotic MAD hater, and started PM'ing people about removing things instead of them doing it?

That took a while.

That was the first thing that was done away with when I was assigned the task. The general response from members so far seems to have been extremely positive, and some moderators have also commented that they enjoy not having to give out punishments as much, although the increased workload didn't go down especially well, but it'll all work out :)

@Tawm: I'm going to wait for 7 days because its unfair if someone's application is still fresh in my head while others have been festering in my inbox for a week. They're all sitting unread in a special folder until the time comes :P

Recursion
That week is going to be a loooooong one.

Zehro
12-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Alex my friend, can we have some more trivia?

Inseriousity.
12-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Nearly finished! Woo, come on Wednesday!! :D

and omgosh, Tawm has put a quote in his signature from me and I didn't even notice! So honoured! :P

Recursion
12-06-2008, 08:31 PM
That was a great quote :P

Woop woop just gone past 9,500 posts ^_^.

Good Luck once again all and more trivia please :P

And where did you get the Pot Noodle question from? :S

The Professor
12-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Alex my friend, can we have some more trivia?

You can indeed!

It has now been around 80 minutes and there have been 37 applications, which is just under an application every 2 minutes

@Tawm: It was all seeming a bit formal, formal things really do my head in :P

Recursion
12-06-2008, 08:33 PM
People must love Habbox then :P

Beef and Tomato ftw.

HotelUser
12-06-2008, 08:34 PM
good luck to those applying!

Pyroka
12-06-2008, 08:34 PM
That was the first thing that was done away with when I was assigned the task. The general response from members so far seems to have been extremely positive, and some moderators have also commented that they enjoy not having to give out punishments as much, although the increased workload didn't go down especially well, but it'll all work out :)

@Tawm: I'm going to wait for 7 days because its unfair if someone's application is still fresh in my head while others have been festering in my inbox for a week. They're all sitting unread in a special folder until the time comes :P

Yeah, well some of the Moderators wouldnt like that would they because usually Moderating is an automated task. Personally I've always loved the ideas of Moderators interacting with Users because when that barrier of how MODs & users are completely different, is broken then the users won't be so free to break rules but they'll take it easy since they know that the MODs are only human also. A concept in HabboxForum which was long forgotten tbh...

Only thing I'd do to wind Users up is if they support a footy team which lost or something, I'd write "PS. Whats the score? LOL" but hey, just breaking down barriers! I do think you should maybe take applications that you like from everyday and put them in a special folder to summarize at the end of the 7day period. Makes your job so much faster and less cumbersome too.

Andys
12-06-2008, 08:37 PM
People must love Habbox then :P

Beef and Tomato ftw.
Pot noodle tastes like plastic :(

Recursion
12-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Good if your not near proper food though.

Jxames
12-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Applied... eeek :D

Inseriousity.
12-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Pot noodle tastes like plastic :(

Lmao I don't like them either. If I was applying, I wouldn't know if that was a trick question... Does he actually hate them and laugh at the liars who pretend they like them too? :p or maybe I just think too hard.

Good luck to everyone who applies.

The Professor
12-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Yeah, well some of the Moderators wouldnt like that would they because usually Moderating is an automated task. Personally I've always loved the ideas of Moderators interacting with Users because when that barrier of how MODs & users are completely different, is broken then the users won't be so free to break rules but they'll take it easy since they know that the MODs are only human also. A concept in HabboxForum which was long forgotten tbh...

Only thing I'd do to wind Users up is if they support a footy team which lost or something, I'd write "PS. Whats the score? LOL" but hey, just breaking down barriers! I do think you should maybe take applications that you like from everyday and put them in a special folder to summarize at the end of the 7day period. Makes your job so much faster and less cumbersome too.

We are on the same wavelength with that one, removing the barrier is precisely the reason for the changes. The moderators have asked their favourite forums and shuffled around accordingly so they can post around while moderating, and the infraction button is seeing much less use in favour of the PM button. It's not going completely unused though, some members are deciding to take advantaged of the more relaxed nature and giving lip back the moderators, in which case they get a trip to infraction city. Its a shame people decide to behave like that really, it'd all work so well if they didn't...

I think I'll tackle the apps all in one go, I hate doing bits of jobs at different times. No real reason, its just a pet hate of mine. I'm really not fussed about it being a long task, compared to the amount of admin work I had to do in the upgrade the other day it'll seem easy :P

Hayd93
12-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Good luck to all apply. We look forward to seeing those who pass in the Zoo moderation department

Recursion
12-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Zoo? What are we signing up for here?! C'mon Alex, tell us the truth!

And c'mon you know you want to read some of ours today ;)

Hayd93
12-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Zoo? What are we signing up for here?! C'mon Alex, tell us the truth!

And c'mon you know you want to read some of ours today ;)

Ye just ignore the elephant and camel we have in the back. Patiance is the key my dear child.

Alex3213
12-06-2008, 08:46 PM
I have decided not to apply to this most amazing job ever because I'm too busy :(. I would never be able to edit a post every 40 seconds like some mods can, it just blows my mind away. I am sure the 6 chosen will be talented in what they do.

On another side, I hope anyone who applies gets in because they'd probably earn it :). Goodluck EVERYONE!

-Also, nice going with applications Alex :)

The Professor
12-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Ignore? They're the star attraction!

I love it when all my jobs are done, means I can mess around on the forums for an hour or two :P

Recursion
12-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Ye just ignore the elephant and camel we have in the back. Patiance is the key my dear child.

Do you have any Gorillas? *cough*Professo-Alex*cough*

j/k ;)

Pyroka
12-06-2008, 08:48 PM
We are on the same wavelength with that one, removing the barrier is precisely the reason for the changes. The moderators have asked their favourite forums and shuffled around accordingly so they can post around while moderating, and the infraction button is seeing much less use in favour of the PM button. It's not going completely unused though, some members are deciding to take advantaged of the more relaxed nature and giving lip back the moderators, in which case they get a trip to infraction city. Its a shame people decide to behave like that really, it'd all work so well if they didn't...

I think I'll tackle the apps all in one go, I hate doing bits of jobs at different times. No real reason, its just a pet hate of mine. I'm really not fussed about it being a long task, compared to the amount of admin work I had to do in the upgrade the other day it'll seem easy :P

Yeah, good choice on removing the barrier. I know that people who used to be MODs used to talk to me on MSN saying about how much they hated their given catagory and would rather prefer the one they liked posting in, so that's a motivational boost for them. Has the amount of infractions and warnings to get you banned, been decreased due to the unlikelyness of infractions? Well thing is, most people don't break the rules and even then they do it unaware that they're actually doing it.

A simple polite request usually makes them feel like the MOD is trying to protect them from being banned from the community for their mistakes. Theres users on this forum who've been banned for doing things they never meant to be intentional and it's just built up over time but they never knew they were doing it until it was too late! Systems like this really do help that, even though they are time-consuming at times, the increased effort pays off in the longhaul.

I'm guessing you're one of those people who prefer to do coursework fully rather than leaving it till a later date then? :P Oh and on the topic of Zoos, would this be in any reference to mens mags? ;D!

Recursion
12-06-2008, 08:51 PM
I hear the staff forums are great fun between 11pm and 4am! ;)

Pyroka
12-06-2008, 08:52 PM
I hear HxF chat is great between 11PM - 4AM LOL.

Andys
12-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Lmao I don't like them either. If I was applying, I wouldn't know if that was a trick question... Does he actually hate them and laugh at the liars who pretend they like them too? :p or maybe I just think too hard.

Good luck to everyone who applies.
Haha, yeah - good job I said no then isn't it ;)

Lee
I applied, but I think the pot noodle question caught me out :rolleyes:

Ha! Only joking. Good luck everybody else!

Slowpoke
I hear the staff forums are great fun between 11pm and 4am! ;)

Excuse me?! :O

Recursion
12-06-2008, 08:54 PM
You all know what I mean, you frisky Mods you!

Well im off to bed.

Pyroka
12-06-2008, 08:55 PM

Well im off to bed.

I so thought you said "I'm off to wet the bed" LOL. You call them frisky!!!

Galaxay
12-06-2008, 08:55 PM

da yoo fink dat mi hondwratin skilz ond mi abulityz ti spel r wel gud m8 i fink im a t0p klas spela me m8

The Professor
12-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah, good choice on removing the barrier. I know that people who used to be MODs used to talk to me on MSN saying about how much they hated their given catagory and would rather prefer the one they liked posting in, so that's a motivational boost for them. Has the amount of infractions and warnings to get you banned, been decreased due to the unlikelyness of infractions? Well thing is, most people don't break the rules and even then they do it unaware that they're actually doing it.

A simple polite request usually makes them feel like the MOD is trying to protect them from being banned from the community for their mistakes. Theres users on this forum who've been banned for doing things they never meant to be intentional and it's just built up over time but they never knew they were doing it until it was too late! Systems like this really do help that, even though they are time-consuming at times, the increased effort pays off in the longhaul.

I'm guessing you're one of those people who prefer to do coursework fully rather than leaving it till a later date then? :P Oh and on the topic of Zoos, would this be in any reference to mens mags? ;D!

There was an announcement about it a couple of weeks back. The amount of infractions to earn you a 3 day caution is 5. 6 will earn you a 1 day ban, 7 a 2 day ban and so on until 10, where you get permed. You have to do REALLY well to get that far though, and chances are an smod will have manually perm banned the user for being a general nuisance by then anyway.

Yeah, I do all coursework at once, although usually at last minute, which is a habit I should really get out of :P Mens mags are rampant in the mod staff forum, I hear jesus likes them a lot ;)

Galaxay
12-06-2008, 08:58 PM
There was an announcement about it a couple of weeks back. The amount of infractions to earn you a 3 day caution is 5. 6 will earn you a 1 day ban, 7 a 2 day ban and so on until 10, where you get permed. You have to do REALLY well to get that far though, and chances are an smod will have manually perm banned the user for being a general nuisance by then anyway.

Yeah, I do all coursework at once, although usually at last minute, which is a habit I should really get out of :P Mens mags are rampant in the mod staff forum, I hear jesus likes them a lot ;)

I've had 21 infractions before before i got banned :)

Slowpoke
12-06-2008, 08:58 PM
I so thought you said "I'm off to wet the bed" LOL. You call them frisky!!!

Dirty mind!

Well im off to bed.

Right behind you! ;)

Pyroka
12-06-2008, 09:01 PM

Ohhh, I musn't have read the announcement then. Well people who want infractions are usually noticeable, you can tell them apart from normal users quite easily lol. The registration date is a giveaway sometimes, and at others their general conversation & attitude is one too.

I never get mine done till last minute, it's something I wish I could stop doing since I like having pressure off me lol. Mens mags in the MOD forum? Gimme, GIMME. I hope they like jailbait in there, bwahhaa

Hazza
12-06-2008, 09:02 PM
I've never applied before, First time. :)

Hiro
12-06-2008, 09:04 PM
2nd time applying.
good luck everyone.

DaveTaylor
12-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Mehh i shall try, well i have applied however :rolleyes:

The Professor
12-06-2008, 09:30 PM
I've had 21 infractions before before i got banned :)

Well the system deals with that, and systems don't forget to do things ;) My little scotty would never get 10 infractions anyway!

Galaxay
12-06-2008, 09:38 PM
I shouldnt have said that since i applied lolololol

I'm on DNHL anyways i think so :P

bo$$
12-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I haven't applied since I cba.. maybe next time.
Good luck to all.. hopefully some of you won't be annoying.

Hiro
12-06-2008, 09:46 PM
I haven't applied since I cba.. maybe next time.
Good luck to all.. hopefully some of you won't be annoying.

AM I ANNOYING?

bo$$
12-06-2008, 09:48 PM
AM I ANNOYING?

Extremely.

jk. but it does seem that a lot of new moderators are annoying for abit.

Hiro
12-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Extremely.

Haha. I guess I haven't really noticed, do you mean that they try to show off how much authority they have, or the fact that it's mainly them that lock/edit threads?

bo$$
12-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Haha. I guess I haven't really noticed, do you mean that they try to show off how much authority they have, or the fact that it's mainly them that lock/edit threads?

Mixture of both

GommeInc
12-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Oh don't tempt me to apply, I must resist!

Paulio
12-06-2008, 11:00 PM
You would make a good mod. DO IT!

Oh don't tempt me to apply, I must resist!

samsaBEAR
12-06-2008, 11:20 PM
i would apply
but i know i would get fired quite soon after for voicing my opinions on various subjects

Pyroka
12-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Me and you Gomme... We could rule the world.

Hiro
13-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Me and you Gomme... We could rule the world.

Yeah, you and me we can light up the sky
If you stay by my side, we can rule the world.
(couldn't resist)
good luck Ryan and Gomme (if you do apply)

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Accidental double posts merged.

GommeInc
13-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Yeah, you and me we can light up the sky
If you stay by my side, we can rule the world.
(couldn't resist)
good luck Ryan and Gomme (if you do apply)
Actually, it's Ryan and Fry (Pyroka is fake Ryan, so Fake + Ryan = Fry) I copyright now :D

jesus
13-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Good luck everyone, I think we'll get some interesting results this time. :O

Pyroka
13-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Actually, it's Ryan and Fry (Pyroka is fake Ryan, so Fake + Ryan = Fry) I copyright now :D

... Before the day is done, you'll be lying facedown in a pool. Yeah, I'm going Barrymore on your ***!

mat64
13-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Best of luck guys, we will indeed be seeing some interesting candidates this time around.

CHA!NGANG
13-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Oooer! I will apply :D! Good Luck to everyone :)

AMERlCA...
13-06-2008, 10:18 AM
am applying :D Good luck everyone:D

shizzle
13-06-2008, 03:09 PM
gl to you lots.

jackass
13-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Just like to wish you all good luck, and I hope to see you in the moderator section soon! :P

Callum.
13-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Won't be applying since I haven't been active recently and won't continue untill summer holidays. Good luck all who apply, and under Alex I think the department will actually do well :). I also think there will be some interesting moderators chosen. Not needed many posts and no infraction record on an account. Seems like just anyone could get in.

The Professor
13-06-2008, 09:04 PM
86 applications... if it takes me a minute to read each app, it'll take me almost an hour and a half to get through them... and that's only after 24 hours :'(

Agnostic Bear
13-06-2008, 09:08 PM
86 applications... if it takes me a minute to read each app, it'll take me almost an hour and a half to get through them... and that's only after 24 hours :'(

Aww :(

Spiffing
13-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Lol thought so, i put on mine, i know you have alot to read x]

Bleh i wont get it but theres no harm trying:rolleyes:

Supersam
13-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Good luck to potential mods :)

buttons
13-06-2008, 09:40 PM
I applied.

3rd attempt to try be one. :(
good luck babe! ly

aww! but the community don't like hardly any MODS rly. as long as you stay the same Ryan then go for it!

looks like some have, or some tramps could like ya say!

I have applied (cause I'm so fly)
kk but don't get angry wiv them xo

I hear HxF chat is great between 11PM - 4AM LOL.
ye it is.

da yoo fink dat mi hondwratin skilz ond mi abulityz ti spel r wel gud m8 i fink im a t0p klas spela me m8
i can't believe you were eva MOD weren't u? UR SO IMMATURE. am i still part of yr group on habmate?

You would make a good mod. DO IT!
i agree!

... Before the day is done, you'll be lying facedown in a pool. Yeah, I'm going Barrymore on your ***!
omg harsh.
last fing i applied for was like i can't remember and they said I was having a joke :S well i was but woteva.

gdluck anyway.

kk.
13-06-2008, 09:51 PM
awww... 87 at least :P

good luck people who have applied :)

Pyroka
13-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Lol Jen I'm harsh but you love it. I got it where it counts. ;)

I don't plan to change tbh, if I'm going to MOD then sure I'm gonna follow policy but like hell I'm going to become a stiff robot with no opinions whatsoever.

Agnostic Bear
13-06-2008, 10:22 PM
kk but don't get angry wiv them xo

You know how chill I am :8

Alexicles.
13-06-2008, 10:43 PM
I've applied, good luck to everyone else. :)

Callum.
14-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Another thing I'm not liking at the moment is how people are changing from their normal self to someone they're not trying to get the job. Bit silly really, seeing as if they don't get chosen they'll go back to being annoying.

kk.
14-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Another thing I'm not liking at the moment is how people are changing from their normal self to someone they're not trying to get the job. Bit silly really, seeing as if they don't get chosen they'll go back to being annoying.
well obviously, you wouldnt go into an interview saying 'ay up matey 'ow r u anging today?' :P

Callum.
14-06-2008, 09:11 PM
well obviously, you wouldnt go into an interview saying 'ay up matey 'ow r u anging today?' :P

I didn't mean it like that, I just meant how people are acting in what they're saying. It's like getting a job with something you don't really have, in this case, the skill to speak decently without someone watching over you.

kk.
14-06-2008, 09:14 PM
true, i was only joking anyway. i doubt they would even check this thread to be accepted or not so i dont think it really matters

The Professor
14-06-2008, 09:18 PM
The good thing about floating around the forums and posting is I sort of know most people's personas, so I can generally tell if someone's being fake :P It's quite sweet when they do though, shows people really care about me!

Agnostic Bear
14-06-2008, 09:23 PM
The good thing about floating around the forums and posting is I sort of know most people's personas, so I can generally tell if someone's being fake :P It's quite sweet when they do though, shows people really care about me!

Hey I'm always pro :8

Jamesy
14-06-2008, 09:27 PM

What do you know about me, mind reader boyo? :eusa_whis

Callum.
14-06-2008, 09:37 PM

Yeah guess so. Just see alot of people kissing up to you really.

Recursion
14-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Now now people, we can all suck up to him XD (that phrase isn't rude now is it? ¬_¬)

The Professor
14-06-2008, 09:39 PM
What do you know about me, mind reader boyo? :eusa_whis

I know that... you're using the classic skin :P

I don't mind it either way Tawm ;)

Jamesy
14-06-2008, 09:40 PM

H4X REPEAT THIS MAN IS USING H4X.

Hide me :(

Recursion
14-06-2008, 09:40 PM
You just look at our profiles as your Admin, CHEAT!

And oo Alex likes some action then eh? ;) Don't forget, its coming up to "open" time, when the staff forums get full with *ahem*, at 11 we no longer see Alex posting in normal user's threads!

Agnostic Bear
14-06-2008, 09:43 PM

I don't mind it either way Tawm ;)

What do you know about me good sir?

Recursion
14-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Tell me EVERYTHING you know about me ;)

Jamesy
14-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Yes, tell me everything about me.

Over dinner? Champagne?

The Professor
14-06-2008, 09:45 PM
You just look at our profiles as your Admin, CHEAT!

And oo Alex likes some action then eh? ;) Don't forget, its coming up to "open" time, when the staff forums get full with *ahem*, at 11 we no longer see Alex posting in normal user's threads!

The staff are quite tame compared to some of the normal users :P Tbh I don't hang around the staff forums much, there isn't all that much going on. This thread is going so far off topic cliff it's going to fall into the Sea of Pointlessness though :P

Recursion
14-06-2008, 09:45 PM
You dragged it there!

Jamesy
14-06-2008, 09:46 PM
aye aye cap'n!

Land 'ho upon forgotten shores of the island of Silly Petty Active Men!

EDIT:

So i'm crap at making things up like that...

Callum.
14-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Does look like some people are trying to get in the good books prior to the reading of apps.

Jamesy
14-06-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm always like this, I just rarely post these days with anything productive.

Recursion
14-06-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm always like this, I just rarely post these days with anything productive.

Ditto ;)

I am also trying to keep a clean record, its proving harder than it sounds!

Jamesy
14-06-2008, 09:54 PM
lol, is there a spanking policy in effect here?

Callum.
14-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Shouldn't exactly be trying.

And I do think we'll have a weird set of mods.

GommeInc
14-06-2008, 09:55 PM
lol, is there a spanking policy in effect here?
I sure hope so *rubs hands* :D

Agnostic Bear
14-06-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm not trying anything apart from to chill hard, and I haven't received 1 infraction because of it :8:8

Recursion
I cannot wait for that policy :8

Jamesy

oh you silly billy :eusa_danc

The Professor
14-06-2008, 09:57 PM

Lol, I can just imagine you spanking someone to a beat and on every spank saying "I hate MAD, I hate MAD, I hate MAD" :P

GommeInc
14-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Lol, I can just imagine you spanking someone to a beat and on every spank saying "I hate MAD, I hate MAD, I hate MAD" :P
When did I say I hate MAD?! He just makes some very daft decisions, like most GMs seem to do. :P

Immenseman
14-06-2008, 10:11 PM
When did I say I hate MAD?! He just makes some very daft decisions, like most GMs seem to do. :P

You'd make more than all of them :D

Roxy
14-06-2008, 10:13 PM
You'd make more than all of them :D

Aww.
Jake's talking about himself again :rolleyes:

Hiro
14-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Original topic is this way -->
Alex, how many apps you had now? :P

Immenseman
14-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Aww.
Jake's talking about himself again :rolleyes:

Immenseman got served.

Recursion
14-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Ill spank anyone who wants a spank ;)

Hiro
14-06-2008, 10:32 PM

How many paddle's have you got?
LOL, this thread really should get back on topic xD

DaveTaylor
14-06-2008, 10:34 PM

You stay the .......................... away from me!

Recursion
14-06-2008, 10:42 PM
I have 4 paddles ;)

And Dave, your the first on my "to-do" list.

Bad pun :(

Muscroft.
14-06-2008, 11:03 PM
I would apply but I probably won't get in because I'm too new xD

The Professor
14-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Original topic is this way -->
Alex, how many apps you had now? :P

Ninety five so far

Hiro
14-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Ninety five so far

oh wow.
have fun.
xoxo

Muscroft.
14-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Ninety five so far

Aww poor Alex xD have fun ^^ just like the poster above said, hehe.

samsaBEAR
15-06-2008, 12:11 AM
i gave in and applied ;D

kk.
15-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Ninety five so far
dont worry, hopefully mine will give you a laugh, although my sense of humour is far more ridiculous than anyones (well probably). So have fun witht he pot noodle ones :P

Mint
15-06-2008, 01:17 AM
Alex i'm sure you will have a great time handling all of the app's :P
But don't worry about mine, I did'nt make it to long :)
I applyed this time because I think i'm ready to handle it all now unlike before when I had all of my exam's.
Good luck to evryone that has applyed and I can't wait to see the result's. Even if I have not been chosen it would be quite cool if some of my friends where picked.

Axel
15-06-2008, 01:23 AM
I applied.. didn't right an essay for it, but I applied anyway.

Mint
15-06-2008, 01:28 AM
oh wow.
have fun.
xoxo
Hiro, if you become a mod you need to do something about your font. I have to squint to read it. :P

Stevehere
15-06-2008, 02:16 AM
Alex i'm sure you will have a great time handling all of the app's :P
But don't worry about mine, I did'nt make it to long :)
I applyed this time because I think i'm ready to handle it all now unlike before when I had all of my exam's.
Good luck to evryone that has applyed and I can't wait to see the result's. Even if I have not been chosen it would be quite cool if some of my friends where picked.

saying that won't give ya'll a better chance

xxMATTGxx
15-06-2008, 06:45 AM
Have fun Alex reading all the applications and also good luck to all who has applied. :)

iCosmo
15-06-2008, 07:02 AM
I have applied! :)
Good luck to everyone else who has applied.

Recursion
15-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Good luck everyone!

If Matt gets in and I don't im leaving!!

j/k

Con
15-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Yep - GoodLuck everyone!

Dusty-09
15-06-2008, 08:33 AM
I've applied :) Goodluck to everyone else applying.

GommeInc
15-06-2008, 08:57 AM
I applied.. didn't right an essay for it, but I applied anyway.
I didn't think there's alot to write for an essay, perhaps that's how they do the applications... The loger the worse, the shorter the better, saves boring them to death :P

Recursion
15-06-2008, 09:11 AM
They should just close apps now tbh.

MissAlice
15-06-2008, 09:44 AM
I won't be applying, but wish everyone good luck, you will all need it with near 100 applications lol, unless Alex is planning on hiring 99 new mods :P Alex you really should close applications ;)

Jamesy
15-06-2008, 09:57 AM
They should just close apps now tbh.

Yes, our apps were just that awesome ;)

Inseriousity.
15-06-2008, 09:57 AM
I haven't applied but good luck everybody. Funny how the thread was going off topic by people who applied to be moderators :p

brandon
15-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Hinting about how good your application is and posting here to get yourself noticed wont get you very far lol

It's all about your application itself and how well you presented yourself.

Jamesy
15-06-2008, 10:09 AM
lol - Brandon missed the sarcasm in my post.

Relaax mate :)

brandon
15-06-2008, 10:10 AM
lol - Brandon missed the sarcasm in my post.

Relaax mate :)
Lol I am relaxed. I said that so relaxed I was wearing e-shades at the time. :)

Immenseman
15-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Lol I am relaxed. I said that so relaxed I was wearing e-shades at the time. :)

very relaxed, some would say you were as cool as a cucumber.

Jamesy
15-06-2008, 10:19 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e9/Cool_as_a_cucumber.PNG

What a cool d00d :O

The Professor
15-06-2008, 10:31 AM
very relaxed, some would say you were as cool as a cucumber.

If that person in question was over 60, yes :P

104 apps and counting ;)

AgnesIO
15-06-2008, 10:32 AM
I might apply.

I bet you wont get in. I mean when have you ever been a MOD on a forum? :D

And just look at you now... :P

Extremely.

Probably because they lied in there app, and have never actually MOD'ed a forum, so they aqre like 'THIS IS THE CLOSE THREAD TOOL! WOW!!!

But i feel pleased as I HAVE MOD'ed forums a few times, so I have no reason to lie - Everyone starts somewhere though.. :8

I was interviewing teachers at my school once, and this was a question I asked:

Me: What could you bring to the Humanities Department?
Teacher: Humour and my dog, hahaha :l

And she has to write some stuff and she said 'Oh this is **** this is, I ain't doing this!

---

I don't think I stand much chance as I have had a 'bad-guy' history on the forum - Altghough my behaviour has improved by about 100%!

e5
15-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Alot of applications to work your way through there, Alex :( Good Luck to you! lol.

I applied quite early on.

Good luck everyone :8

Hiro
15-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Hiro, if you become a mod you need to do something about your font. I have to squint to read it. :P

aww. i like it nice and small :(
i guess it gets annoying on different skins though.

edit: rofl, someone is probably gonna twist my words now.

e5
15-06-2008, 10:40 AM
lol, well, I for one, am glad you don't use your style of writing anymore ;)

GommeInc
15-06-2008, 11:40 AM

It's what you do with it that counts ;)

AgnesIO
15-06-2008, 01:02 PM

What skin do you use?

And guys we have officially gone off-topic |(Even though we have a few times during this thread :P)

Hiro
15-06-2008, 02:57 PM
What skin do you use?

And guys we have officially gone off-topic |(Even though we have a few times during this thread :P)

Retro Blue, so anything looks okay on it tbh.

Mykell
15-06-2008, 04:08 PM
I applied. Good luck everyone.

Recursion
15-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Professor-Alex put a note on my "bump ftl" for a thread that didn't get any replies that I posted yesterday morning (I bumped today), so that just blew my Moderating job out the window.

The Professor
15-06-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm so cruel :'(

Recursion
15-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Why yes you are Mr Meanie!! :@

splatttt
15-06-2008, 08:03 PM
first time applying.
The first time i can recall them being open when ive been here really... maybe i just havent looked lol.

meeeh. theres like 1/100+ chance that your app will stand out loll.
not much of a chance :)

Rixion
15-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Good luck everyone! :)

I've applied and would be chuffed if I got accepted.

Pyroka
15-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Er... These apps gonna get checked or what? and alex, you aint seen the professional me, I just act like me cuz I am me and you cant change dat *+*+*+*

The Professor
15-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah they're gonna get checked on wednesday, you're so impatient ;)

Pyroka
15-06-2008, 08:15 PM
My day off is on wednesday, woo..! Yeah, I'm so impatient because I've had such a crap week lol!

Slowpoke
15-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Er... These apps gonna get checked or what? and alex, you aint seen the professional me, I just act like me cuz I am me and you cant change dat *+*+*+*

They'll be checked one week after the announcement, so like three or four more days.

EDIT: Weird, I couldn't see Alex's or your most recent post..

Recursion
15-06-2008, 08:23 PM
C'mon do them now XD

Roxy
15-06-2008, 08:27 PM
C'mon do them now XD

Patience ;)

Rixion
15-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Patience ;)
.. is a virtue. ;)

Jamesy
15-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah they're gonna get checked on wednesday, you're so impatient ;)

Because we loooooove you :P

-Eyeless-
15-06-2008, 08:45 PM
A lot of people applied while I was away... Strong Competition :( Good luck (hope I stil get in :P)

kk.
15-06-2008, 08:54 PM
They'll be checked one week after the announcement, so like three or four more days.

EDIT: Weird, I couldn't see Alex's or your most recent post..
(its called starting a post before they posted loool (joke))

some people are impatient lol

Mykell
15-06-2008, 08:55 PM
It's not that far away. Be patient.

Pyroka
15-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Patience is a virtue, but seriously not everyone has it.

-Eyeless-
15-06-2008, 09:02 PM
I can't wait! :P

Coldplay
15-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Lets hope we get some nice moderators =D I need an entertainment co-mod, doing all the work myself!

-Eyeless-
15-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Lets hope we get some nice moderators =D I need an entertainment co-mod, doing all the work myself!

I would love that section ;)
Maybe see you :O

Slowpoke
15-06-2008, 09:07 PM

You what?
I've got trading, habbo and graphics all myself.

The Professor
15-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Yeah some of the forums are lacking in mods atm, although tech & web still seems to have its full complement of 4 mods lol

DaveTaylor
15-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah some of the forums are lacking in mods atm, although tech & web still seems to have its full complement of 4 mods lol

Accept 2 don't post.

Rixion
15-06-2008, 09:19 PM
You what?
I've got trading, habbo and graphics all myself.
Greedy :D

Pyroka
15-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Accept 2 don't post.

Lols, so true. I think you should remove and add MODs to increase activity Alex, it's sort of... Logical when you think about it.

Catzsy
15-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Lols, so true. I think you should remove and add MODs to increase activity Alex, it's sort of... Logical when you think about it.

Give him a chance - he has only been Moderation Manager a week! :P:D

The Professor
15-06-2008, 09:32 PM

YOU WANNA DO THE JOB, HUH? :P

But in all seriousness, these issues to get picked up on in the reports, don't think people can get away with being lazy ;) Everyone's still getting used to the new system too, so more time is being eaten up with PMing and usernoting. It'll get quicker as they get used to it, but let them off for the time being ;)

Slowpoke
15-06-2008, 09:36 PM

I'm looking after them well - they're in safe hands! :8

samsaBEAR
15-06-2008, 09:46 PM
If i get in id want the Entertainment section, or the General one.
not sure which :P

Pyroka
15-06-2008, 09:46 PM
YOU WANNA DO THE JOB, HUH? :P

But in all seriousness, these issues to get picked up on in the reports, don't think people can get away with being lazy ;) Everyone's still getting used to the new system too, so more time is being eaten up with PMing and usernoting. It'll get quicker as they get used to it, but let them off for the time being ;)

Well, yes actually.

Rixion
15-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Well, yes actually.
Lol

Grr wobbly tooth, last one I think lol.

Mykell
15-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Why don't moderators have access to all the forums?

Slowpoke
15-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Why don't moderators have access to all the forums?

Because that's what super moderators are for. ;)

Hiro
15-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Why don't moderators have access to all the forums? forum mods are given a particular forum. Super mods are given permissions to all forums.
Good luck to those that applied.

Slowpoke
15-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Super mods are given permissions to all forums.

Aswell as the modcp and that super sweet ban button. ;)

Catzsy
15-06-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm looking after them well - they're in safe hands! :8

Self-praise is no recommendation :P

Aswell as the modcp and that super sweet ban button. ;)

All I can say is that thank goodness you are not the president of the United States. I am not sure if banning people is actually supposed to be a pleasurable part of the job! :D

Slowpoke
15-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Self-praise is no recommendation :P

All I can say is that thank goodness you are not the president of the United States. I am not sure if banning people is actually supposed to be a pleasurable part of the job! :D

Catzsy you know me better than that - I'm all about helping people and second chances, you taught me that not so long ago! :(

Catzsy
15-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Catzsy you know me better than that - I'm all about helping people and second chances, you taught me that not so long ago! :(

A joke Minty, my man.:D

cunning
15-06-2008, 11:50 PM
I applied, hopefully I'll get a positive response. I had to answer the pot noodle question in another PM, I wrote a lot though.

Boonzeet
16-06-2008, 06:25 AM
I might apply to make a fresh start, seeming as all my infractions were lifted.

AgnesIO
16-06-2008, 06:55 AM
I applied, hopefully I'll get a positive response. I had to answer the pot noodle question in another PM, I wrote a lot though.

Quality not quantity, by dear man!

----

I love the MOD CP. Useful to check for banned members spam accounts!

cunning
16-06-2008, 07:34 AM
What makes you think it wasn't? I believe it was quality, my dear man. ;P

Pyroka
16-06-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm so posting my MOD app on Thursday just for kicks.

The Professor
16-06-2008, 12:21 PM

There's nothing like the blood of a spammer in the morning :evil:

Pyroka
16-06-2008, 12:22 PM

Uhoh... I might be owned.

Catzsy
16-06-2008, 12:49 PM

Lol - yes I suppose the spambots deserve the pleasure of a ban button :)

Slowpoke
16-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Lol - yes I suppose the spambots deserve the pleasure of a ban button :)

DID SOMEONE SAY BAN BUTTON ?!?!?!?

AgnesIO
17-06-2008, 06:32 AM
Hmm I love how some people are like: 'I won't get in - I hope i do soooooooo much!111'

Lil bit of a hint.. :P

----

Anyways I am normally on frtom 7 to 8 in the morning and every few days there is always a spammer for a company selling phones and laptops.

Pyroka
17-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Hmm I love how some people are like: 'I won't get in - I hope i do soooooooo much!111'

----

Anyways I am normally on frtom 7 to 8 in the morning and every few days there is always a spammer for a company selling phones and laptops.

So true, because if you don't think you're gonna get in then follow the trend of selfdefeat, save Alex some time and don't submit your app?

Leif
17-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Good luck to everyone applying :]

Everyone of you will make the community something that it was not before. So remember to keep your chin up and make this opportunity your own and to enjoy it while you can.

The Professor
17-06-2008, 04:26 PM

----

That shouldn't happen any more because of the post approval system thing, but there seems to be a bug with it where some peoples' posts are being automatically approved :'( Never trust technology ;)

CHA!NGANG
17-06-2008, 06:32 PM
That shouldn't happen any more because of the post approval system thing, but there seems to be a bug with it where some peoples' posts are being automatically approved :'( Never trust technology ;)

If it don't work, poke it with a stick. That's what I normally do :D

AgnesIO
17-06-2008, 06:53 PM

How does the approval system work?

Slowpoke
17-06-2008, 11:36 PM
How does the approval system work?

Basically, when a (S)Mod comes across the post of a newbie (under fifteen posts) we can choose to either approve or disapprove it (depending on whether said post breaks the rules). It means that we can stop bots from spamming the forum and stop auto banned members from coming back to cause havoc.

Unfortunately, there is something wrong with the approval system and some people are managing to get their posts auto approved although it's currently being investigated, so this should be fixed soon. SMods can also see a queue of posts which are waiting to be approved/disapproved in the modcp.

Application results today. :)

Pyroka
17-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Alex, where are the results? You said today, youre late.

Slowpoke
17-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Oh my god he's in bed catching some Z's - Let him be!

Think I might join him actually ;). Good luck tomorrow boys and girls!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!