PDA

View Full Version : BT Services

DarrenToogood
29-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Hey,

Just thought I would update you on my situation, and help others looking for a new ISP. I know a lot of people on here ask for advice on which ISP to use, and I always reccomend BT.

I am certain now that I will continue to reccomend BT, because of their support and quickness in transferring my BT Broadband and telephone line. I phoned them up Wednesday afternoon and alerted them that I will be moving on the Saturday. They said there was no problem, and the BT line would be taken from my old house to my new at 12 midday. We got a text message on the Saturday, once this had taken place.

I got my computer sorted, however did not bother to plug the router in etc, as was very tired. Woke up this morning, and after mum had dropped the router, better check that it still worked. Left it for 5 mins while getting a drink, came back and BANG! Internet was working!

Less than 24 hours for my Broadband AND Telephone line to be transferred from one house to another. That is what I call service!

Blob
29-06-2008, 10:31 AM
No offence, but they suck, our broadband line always goes down, you spend like an hour pressing "Try again" then it goes to that stupid "Connect to the internet" then you connect it goes everything is OK then it goes down again :|

Hayd93
29-06-2008, 10:34 AM
No offence, but they suck, our broadband line always goes down, you spend like an hour pressing "Try again" then it goes to that stupid "Connect to the internet" then you connect it goes everything is OK then it goes down again :|

been a bt user now for 1 and a half years and the net has been great for us. Speed is good, dont go down, sirvice is great and i will remain a BT customer for a long time if it is as good as it has been.

Blob
29-06-2008, 10:36 AM
been a bt user now for 1 and a half years and the net has been great for us. Speed is good, dont go down, sirvice is great and i will remain a BT customer for a long time if it is as good as it has been.

My dad must have set it up wrong cos my mate has BT like a 2 min walk from me and their's is fine. Oh well, once 12 - 18 month contract is done going to Virgin Media

DarrenToogood
29-06-2008, 11:10 AM
I have never had a problem, however everyone else seems to diss BT :s I see it like this:

If there is a problem with the line, and you are with Orange or AOL etc, they will only end up contacting BT to fix the problem, as they are the telecommunications company for the UK - Better to be with BT and get the problem fixed ASAP.

Agnostic Bear
29-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Virgin Media are faster, more helpful and generally easier to use, none of this "home hub" crap, 1 modem, 1 pc, 1 internet. The connection process is pretty easy too, just a few clicks and you're good to go.

Stephen!
29-06-2008, 12:01 PM
VM rarely have problems with their cable lines, however their ADSL is a little shoddy

Decode
29-06-2008, 01:09 PM
I agree, bt suck. I just switched to Tiscali and bt cut the internet off 6 days early.

alexxxxx
29-06-2008, 10:27 PM
never had a problem with BT but the home hub, it's awful. The service has been good when needed and speed is ok, but not too fast (only 2mb, but I live maybe 2-3miles from exchange).

iJoe
30-06-2008, 02:00 AM
Well, I have to be with BT because my dad works for them so we get it free, we have had the odd problem and i must say their support is rubbish. Press and hold the button..

My home hub has stopped working "press and hold the button on the back"
My hub wont switch on "press and hold the button on the back"

I also think its silly how they ask for your number when you ring them :P

You dont get great speeds unless you live next to an exchange but thats probly common with all isp's

efq
30-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Well, I have to be with BT because my dad works for them so we get it free, we have had the odd problem and i must say their support is rubbish. Press and hold the button..

My home hub has stopped working "press and hold the button on the back"
My hub wont switch on "press and hold the button on the back"

I also think its silly how they ask for your number when you ring them :P

You dont get great speeds unless you live next to an exchange but thats probly common with all isp's

Ive been with BT for 3 Years, Ive never had the internet down because of there reliable updating during hours like 2am-5am.

Speed I am having a problem with but I have called them today and they said they will send someone over today to check the line. So yes good service

Plux
30-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Virgin Media tops BT easily.

With great uptime, and much more "noob"-friendly set up, and great support!
I recentely rung them up about a problem with my router, (Crap USR), they shipped us a free Netgear router, and knocked off money on our bill.

today
30-06-2008, 05:28 PM
BT is always fine for me (:

Even the homehubs. Been with them about 2 years?

Stepheen
30-06-2008, 05:36 PM
I have orgasms over Virgin Media.

Jericho
30-06-2008, 05:44 PM
As many people in here.. I was forever getting disconnected with BT. 'Up to 4mb' I think it was, we were getting 0.5mb.

Now with virgin, rarely disconnects, ALWAYS hitting 4mb, Upgrading to 10mg Free of charge very soon. Only downside is, around 3pm it will lag a tad, but speed up soon enough.

Flisker
30-06-2008, 08:11 PM
O2 Broadband (Be Un Limited) are BRILLIANT! Uk Call centre and instant reminders via text and email about whats happening and my internet worked straight away!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!