PDA

View Full Version : Only half of my form is submitting!

iJoe
17-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey,

I need help as only half of my form is submitting. When someone submits the form, it is posted to mailer2.php

In the e-mail I get, it's only showing half of the form.

The html/php of the form is:

<font color="#00cc33" size="2" face="Verdana"><strong>Your feedback please!</strong></font>
<p><font color="#999999" size="2" face="Verdana"><strong>We are asking fr your feedback on Nexdana and how we can inprove it! This will all be taken into consideration for Nexdana v3! Please use a valid e-mail address and note that your i.p address is logged! </strong></font></p>
<form name="contact" method="post" action="mailer2.php">
<fieldset>
<legend><font size="2" face="Verdana">About you:</font></legend>
<div align="center"></div>
<p align="center"><font face="Verdana"><font size="2">Your name:</font><br />
</font><input name="name" size="19" type="text" /><br />
<font color="#cccccc" size="1" face="Verdana">We need to call you somethin' when we reply!</font></p>
<div align="center"><font size="2" face="Verdana">Your e-mail address:</font><br />
<input name="email" size="19" type="text" /><br />
<font color="#cccccc" size="1" face="Verdana">Just incase we need to get in contact with you.<br />
<br /><font color="#000000" size="2">What browser do you use mainly:</font><br />
<input name="browser" size="19" type="text" /><br />
v2 only works with firefox3. Should v3 work with IE?<br />
<br /><font color="#000000" size="2">Are you a member of Nexdana?</font><br />
<input name="member" value="Is a member" type="radio" /><font color="#000000" size="2"> Yes<input name="member" value="Is not a member" type="radio" /> No</font><br />
Speaks for itself.</font></div><br />
</fieldset>
<div align="center">
<div align="center"><font size="2" face="Verdana">
How would you rate Nexdana on a scale of 1-10?</font><br />
<input name="rate" value="1" type="radio" /><font size="2" face="Verdana"> 1 <input name="rate" value="2" type="radio" /> 2 <input name="rate" value="3" type="radio" /> 3 <input name="rate" value="4" type="radio" /> 4<input name="rate" value="5" type="radio" /> 5<input name="rate" value="2" type="radio" /> 6<input name="rate" value="2" type="radio" /> 7<input name="rate" value="2" type="radio" /> 8<input name="rate" value="2" type="radio" /> 9<input name="rate" value="2" type="radio" /> 10</font><br />
<font color="#cccccc" size="1" face="Verdana">1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.</font></div>
<p align="center"><font color="#cccccc" size="1" face="Verdana"><font color="#000000" size="2">Do you like the current layout?<br />
</font><input name="layout" value="love" type="radio" /><font color="#000000" size="2"> I love it<br />
<input name="rate" value="ok" type="radio" /> It's ok<br />
<input name="rate" value="hate" type="radio" /> I hate it<br />
<font color="#cccccc" size="1">The layout will most probably be changed in the next version!</font></font></font></p>
<p align="center"><font color="#cccccc" size="1" face="Verdana"><font color="#000000" size="2"><font color="#cccccc" size="1"><font color="#000000" size="2">What would you like to see on the next layout?</font><br />
<textarea name="layoutimprove" rows="9" cols="30"></textarea><br />
Such as colours, features etc!</font></font></font></p>
<p align="center"><font color="#cccccc" size="1" face="Verdana"><font color="#000000" size="2"><font color="#000000" size="1"><font size="2">Do you think the navigation on nexdana is easy to use?</font> </font><br />
<input name="nav" value="yes" type="radio" /> Yes<br />
<input name="nav" value="no" type="radio" /> No<br />
<font color="#cccccc" size="1">Naviagtion is getting to the pages you want to.<br />
</font></font></font></p>
<p align="center"><font color="#cccccc" size="1" face="Verdana"><font color="#000000" size="2"><font color="#cccccc" size="1"><font color="#000000" size="2">Which of the following have you been on?</font><br />
<input name="beenon" value="Games" type="checkbox" /><font color="#000000" size="2"> Games<br />
<input name="beenon" value="Videos" type="checkbox" /> Videos<br />
<input name="beenon" value="Fun" type="checkbox" /> Fun Pages<br />
<input name="beenon" value="Forum" type="checkbox" /> Forum<br />
<input name="beenon" value="News" type="checkbox" /> News</font><br />
Please tick all of the boxes if you have visited the above on Nexdana.<br />
<font color="#000000" size="2"><br />
What features would you like to see added to Nexdana?</font></font></font></font><br />
<textarea rows="9" name="featureadd" cols="30"></textarea><br />
<font color="#cccccc" size="1" face="Verdana">What do you think we should add?<br />
<br /><font color="#000000" size="2">Other comments? Or questions?<br />
<br /><textarea rows="9" name="comments" cols="30"></textarea><br />
<font color="#cccccc" size="1">Anything you feel we may have missed off the form, tell us here, or ask any questions!</font></font><br />
</font></p></div>
<div align="center">
<div align="center">&nbsp;</div></div>
<div align="center">&nbsp;</div>
<div align="center"><font size="1" face="Verdana">Your i.p address is: <?php print $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; ?> and will be used to prevent spam!<br />
</font></div>
<div align="center"><br />
<br /></div>
<center><input value="Submit!" name="submit" type="submit" /></center></form>And the mailer2.php code is:

<?php
if(isset($_POST['submit'])) {

$to = "[email protected]";
$subject = "Feedback!";
$name_field = $_POST['name'];
$email_field = $_POST['email'];
$browser_field = $_POST['browser'];
$member_field = $_POST['member'];
$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$rate_field = $_POST['rate'];
$layoutimprove_field = $POST['layoutimprove'];
$nav_field = $POST['nav'];
$beenon_field = $POST['beenon'];
$featureadd_field = $POST['featureadd'];
$comment_field = $POST['comments'];

$body = "ABOUT PERSON\n Name: $name_field\n E-Mail: $email_field\n Browser: $browser_field\n Member: $member_field\n IP: $ip\n\n FEEDBACK:\n Rate: $rate_field\n Layout: $layoutimprove_field\n Nav: $nav_feld\n Visited: $beenon_field\n New features: $featureadd_field\n Comments: $comment_field ";

echo "Thanks for submitting feedback!";
mail($to, $subject, $body);

} else {

echo "Sorry, that didn't work, please try again!";

}
?>I personally cant see what's wrong with it, It's e-mailing me everything upto rate.

+rep to any help!

Joe

RyanDOT
17-07-2008, 07:04 PM
What section 'bits' does the form submit and does not submit?

iJoe
17-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Submits it all upto rate

ABOUT PERSON
Name: Test
E-Mail: [email protected]
Browser: Firefox
Member: Is a member
IP: **.***.***.**

Rate: 10
Layout:
Nav:
Visited:
New features:
Comments:

Edit: Just having tea so won't reply straight away.

iJoe
17-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Found out why

I had $post['layout'] instead of $_post['layout']

all sorted and working now :D thread closed

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!