PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Unwinnable Rare Grabber

LoveToStack
20-10-2008, 06:01 PM
with the recent overnight popup of this rare grabber game, id like to point out a tiny flaw in the way it's designed. Obviously you have your X and Y points which make up the coords designed by the dice, however, because there's no 'zero' variable, there's a blank space on the grid which then leads off onto 123456 and 123456 on either side forming X&Y. Now I saw a possibility for a scam here, and I dont think anyone else has actually done it so Im probably just going to inform people how to do this but thats not my intention, im trying to inform people just incase someone else catches on the same way I did.

Basically, using basic illusions, I easily managed to set up this small faux rare grabber layout in my room;
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8514/unwinraregrabrw8.png
even though, because of how I set it up, all the furni have shadows as they would normally, only one piece of visable furni, is winnable, with all the others being completely impossible to win, without a ZERO square. This room took me around 5 minutes to come up with yet to the naked eye nothing is wrong with it. If someone comes along smart enough to understand how furni overlaps and which furni takes priority then it would be easy to come up with a game that has plenty of rares, thrones w/e to grab you in, then you find out that they are totally out of your grasp.

I'm well aware of the flaws with this system but it was just to highlight how easy it is to make a scam game with this 'rare grabber' thing. To see the room just search ISZ on UK, and it's the bottom room, 'Test'.

Kardan
20-10-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't see how that's unwinnable, except for the obvious flaw that it's a 5 x 5 grid...?

Accipiter
20-10-2008, 06:04 PM
this is just a scam you created, its not a warning, its not done in other rare grabbers by my understanding?

LoveToStack
20-10-2008, 06:06 PM
I know, I dont have enough stuff to fill a bigger room. Go to the room, im not explaining it in too much detail because people could use it as an actual scam. Basically, knowing that things like (0,1/2/3/4/5/6) or (1/2/3/4/5/6, 0) are impossible, if you put things along those coords, but make them LOOK like they're in the range of possible coords (1/2/3/4/5/6,1/2/3/4/5/6) then people get sucked in but they are 'unwinnable'. Everything except one pine in that room of mine is impossible to win.

Kardan
20-10-2008, 06:09 PM
I know, I dont have enough stuff to fill a bigger room. Go to the room, im not explaining it in too much detail because people could use it as an actual scam. Basically, knowing that things like (0,1/2/3/4/5/6) or (1/2/3/4/5/6, 0) are impossible, if you put things along those coords, but make them LOOK like they're in the range of possible coords (1/2/3/4/5/6,1/2/3/4/5/6) then people get sucked in but they are 'unwinnable'. Everything except one pine in that room of mine is impossible to win.

You don't make sense? It looks normal, for example if I got 1,5 I'd win the red blood sink?

LoveToStack
20-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Right k, basically. Thats where it looks like it is ok, (1,5) but where it actually is, is on (0,4) with the pine made so as to look like its on (1,5). Go to the room if you want, and STAND where you think the red blood sink is, then you'll get it.

Kardan
20-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Right k, basically. Thats where it looks like it is ok, (1,5) but where it actually is, is on (0,4) with the pine made so as to look like its on (1,5). Go to the room if you want, and STAND where you think the red blood sink is, then you'll get it.

So it's stacked, well that makes sense :P

LoveToStack
20-10-2008, 06:33 PM
See what I mean though? I admitted it wasn't right and you still thought it was?

Kardan
20-10-2008, 06:35 PM
See what I mean though? I admitted it wasn't right and you still thought it was?

Well, it's not really a new scam. It's exactly the same as not giving someone their prize when they win. The person isn't going to go: "Oh, it's not really there - never mind, I'll have another go.."

LoveToStack
20-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Well it's not there, so it's not really a scam at all. If it follows the same rules as any other rare grabber, and you win w/e is on that square then you could easily talk your way out of it and say there was NOTHING on that square, and the other furni has every right to be there, it's the player's fault for not noticing.

Kardan
20-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Well it's not there, so it's not really a scam at all. If it follows the same rules as any other rare grabber, and you win w/e is on that square then you could easily talk your way out of it and say there was NOTHING on that square, and the other furni has every right to be there, it's the player's fault for not noticing.

But they can't notice, and you can't 'talk your way out of it' because they wouldn't let you get away that easily :P

TopManTim
20-10-2008, 06:39 PM
wot u chattin babe

LoveToStack
20-10-2008, 06:43 PM
But they can't notice, and you can't 'talk your way out of it' because they wouldn't let you get away that easily :P

Obvs, they're meant to not notice and I think we're forgetting that making this and putting it in play could easily be called scamming and said 'scammer' wouldn't hesitate to k&b, keeping the other people waiting to play is one of the bigger flaws with the scam, obviously they would notice after a while that it was impossible.

PaulMacC
21-10-2008, 12:35 AM
I went to your room and I get it now haha!

Bren
21-10-2008, 03:26 PM
so it's like playin falling furni but the furni is getting dropped on the side of the room where the host is? :P

united-champ
21-10-2008, 03:39 PM
This is done in many places.

They have a 5x5 and then place a super in 6 6

:)

WiseRalph
28-10-2008, 02:24 AM
I can definately see what you are saying :o good observation

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!