PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch

Trinity
22-11-2008, 02:48 AM
Right, Ι've been thinking about buying an iPod Touch (or these (http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-4335.aspx) ;)), but I don't know if I should get one of the new ones or one of the older ones.

So anyway, what are the main differences between them?
And are the ipod touches that good? Or should I go for some alternative brand?

Agnostic Bear
22-11-2008, 03:32 AM
So anyway, what are the main differences between them?

Basically one allows you to jump really high and do fun things and the other one is a media player.

RedStratocas
22-11-2008, 03:59 AM
i got this sick nasty car racing game app for my ipot touch, it rules so much i cant put it down

touches are great, but if you just want music something else would do.

Recursion
22-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Get the new (2G) iPod Touch

mb-group.net
22-11-2008, 10:57 AM

I'd disagree as you cannot Jail Break the new 2G Touch (yet).

cocaine
22-11-2008, 11:00 AM

YET.

you should be able to soon.

and my ipod touch is brilliant, i use it everyday, I have the 1st gen touch.

mb-group.net
22-11-2008, 11:01 AM
YET.

you should be able to soon.

and my ipod touch is brilliant, i use it everyday, I have the 1st gen touch.

Same with me. I love it! I just need to get my radio remote working and find a jailbreak for 2.2 and then it will be perfect!

Trinity
22-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Basically one allows you to jump really high and do fun things and the other one is a media player.

I remember when you were funny.

i got this sick nasty car racing game app for my ipot touch, it rules so much i cant put it down

touches are great, but if you just want music something else would do.

Well I'm mainly interested in it for music, but the wifi seems pretty decent aswell.

Any reason for this?

Any idea when jail break will be available? I don't really want it if it can't be jail broken :(

Frizzoo
22-11-2008, 07:14 PM
The new Touch has a build in speaker the old one doesn't. And with the new one you are sure that you have 2.1, if you buy one of the old it maybe don't have that, and if it don't have 2.1 you will have to pay extra for that. (The 2.0/2.1 is the App Store)

Trinity
22-11-2008, 08:43 PM
The new Touch has a build in speaker the old one doesn't. And with the new one you are sure that you have 2.1, if you buy one of the old it maybe don't have that, and if it don't have 2.1 you will have to pay extra for that. (The 2.0/2.1 is the App Store)

So is it worth the extra £40 for the new one?

Recursion
22-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Very much so, curved back, volume controls on the side, speakers, microphone, different hardware.

Trinity
22-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Very much so, curved back, volume controls on the side, speakers, microphone, different hardware.

But there's no jail break for it yet, and I'm cheap, so I kinda need it :(

Nick.
22-11-2008, 08:56 PM
I'd get the 1G iPod Touch, reason being the 2G feels very fragile and I don't like the feel of it in my hand. The 1G was much more sturdy and felt nicer in the hand IMO. The only disadvantage of 1G is it doesn't have a speaker. I have a 2G but I wish I'd kept my 1G.

Trinity
22-11-2008, 09:53 PM
I'd get the 1G iPod Touch, reason being the 2G feels very fragile and I don't like the feel of it in my hand. The 1G was much more sturdy and felt nicer in the hand IMO. The only disadvantage of 1G is it doesn't have a speaker. I have a 2G but I wish I'd kept my 1G.

I think I'll go for the 1G then.
But I'm confused about the prices of them in Argos. The 2G cost less than the 1G, apart from the 8gb one which is cheaper as a 1G.

Anyone know why that is? Or is it just Argos messing up?

Nick.
22-11-2008, 09:56 PM
I think I'll go for the 1G then.
But I'm confused about the prices of them in Argos. The 2G cost less than the 1G, apart from the 8gb one which is cheaper as a 1G.

Anyone know why that is? Or is it just Argos messing up?
Porbably because 1G's are no longer manufactured and so they realise people may prefer the older design and demand is high. It may also be that it is selling well at that price so they don't care. Haha!

Trinity
22-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Porbably because 1G's are no longer manufactured and so they realise people may prefer the older design and demand is high. It may also be that it is selling well at that price so they don't care. Haha!

That could make sense.
I think I'll just go for the 8gb 1G, I'm not planning on filling it with loads of stuff so I don't need more than 8gb.

Unless anyone knows of any decent alternative brands?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!