PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Press conference

Wootzeh
02-06-2009, 05:15 PM
discuss
Thread moved by PaulMacC (Forum Super Moderator): As it is more suited here.

Stitch
02-06-2009, 05:22 PM
That Project Natal thing with the little boy looked like the boy had been pre recorded and it won't actually work as well as it did in the preview. You will probably try and talk to him and he will say something like "Sorry. I didn't quite catch that." Project Natal still looks great! I don't have a 360 so I won't be able to try it out :(

The Beatles Rock Band opening was great! I can't wait for that game.

Edit: Oops got the name wrong :P

MrPinkPanther
02-06-2009, 05:24 PM
I agree. I know IGN said with Natal "It works" but I honestly dont see how. Ok I can see it working for some games but how are you going to control a character or something in a shooting game? Unless its only a small Minigame I cant really see it working.

Josh-H
02-06-2009, 05:25 PM
That Project Nadal thing with the little boy looked like the boy had been pre recorded and it won't actually work as well as it did in the preview. You will probably try and talk to him and he will say something like "Sorry. I didn't quite catch that." Project Nadal still looks great! I don't have a 360 so I won't be able to try it out :(

The Beatles Rock Band opening was great! I can't wait for that game.

That's just one use if Natal though, it's amazing hardware, I just hope developers make the software it deserves.

The beatles rock band looked better than expected, really surprised.

MrPinkPanther
02-06-2009, 05:31 PM
That's just one use if Natal though, it's amazing hardware, I just hope developers make the software it deserves.
As good as the hardware is, its not gonna happen I'm afraid. Why would a software company create a product that limits their market to only a minority of users? Its aimed at expanding the market but Nintendo already has control over the majority of the expanded market and those sorts of people aren't going to own 2 consoles. It will end up being like Wii Fit, a standalone product that only Microsoft supports.

PaulMacC
02-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Solid performance from Microsoft. I cannot wait to see this Project Natal in stores, knowing them it will take a few years though. Some appearances from Halo and glad to see Alan Wake. Big annoucement was MGS coming to Xbox, it was predictable but nobody was expecting it. Also loving the MW2 gameplay.

MrPinkPanther
02-06-2009, 05:41 PM
2 Things intrested me in the conference, Fall of Reach and Metal Gear Solid. After Halo 3 I thought Halo was a bit rubbish to be honest but IGN said Fall of Reach plays a lot like Halo 1 so I'm looking forward to that and MGS is just awesome. The rest of the stuff I wasn't too keen on.

Andeeh
02-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Forza 3 in october :) i only read this on telegraph website so not much detail.

and that project natal or w.e i dont know tbh

dbgtz
02-06-2009, 07:03 PM
its metal gear rising, not solid, so im told. Even so either way, you don't get snake :)

Neil
02-06-2009, 07:29 PM
its metal gear rising, not solid, so im told. Even so either way, you don't get snake :)

So what? Cry cry. :rolleyes:

Either way, that's one more PS3 exclusive on the 360 really, saw it coming with the release of MG on the ipod touch/iphone really.

Frodo13.
02-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Not as bad as last year, but still not fantastic.

CJW93
02-06-2009, 07:52 PM
I was blown away by Forza 3 I must say. Metal Gear Solid will be fantastic. But that Millo kid on that natal thing looks really freaky. I was watching the nintendo conference but it looks really boring. Beatles Rock Band looked ok. Did anyone else see that game PBA? that almost looked great.

Modern Warfare 2 FTW

Oleh
02-06-2009, 08:20 PM
I think natall is better than sonys, on different parts but sony has that 3d item thiny mabob, but other than that natall kills it, forza 3 is on my christmas list along now with a racing wheel :), but i gotta get gran turismo 5 too

Neil
02-06-2009, 08:44 PM
PBA? You mean APB? The online Crackdown sort of game? :P I'm hoping that's free, more incentive to get it then but it's on my list right next to Crackdown 2. :P

CJW93
02-06-2009, 09:19 PM
PBA? You mean APB? The online Crackdown sort of game? :P I'm hoping that's free, more incentive to get it then but it's on my list right next to Crackdown 2. :P

I think that PBA APB thing is a pc only :(

Simmzay
02-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Alan Wake looks so awesome I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Fez
02-06-2009, 09:37 PM
I was really surprised by Crackdown 2... and L4D2, so soon for sequel.

Neil
02-06-2009, 09:38 PM
I think that PBA APB thing is a pc only :(

Wouldn't be surprised but either way I'm getting it. :P

Southe,
03-06-2009, 09:30 AM
From what i seen.

Natall. Until theres someone playing it live to see i dont care about it.

MGS. Sure you got it now. but its only a spin off and not made by kojima so it might be sucky. wont know till we see gameplay of it. Tho i do like Raiden.

MrPinkPanther
05-06-2009, 04:19 PM
"Milo" has been done before anyway. Back in the N64 days there was "Hey you pikachu" which was based around the same concept:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXrqhaBbe4A

Mickword
05-06-2009, 05:12 PM
That Project Natal thing with the little boy looked like the boy had been pre recorded and it won't actually work as well as it did in the preview. You will probably try and talk to him and he will say something like "Sorry. I didn't quite catch that." Project Natal still looks great! I don't have a 360 so I won't be able to try it out

Yeah I agree what you mean about project natal, but it does work as well as it did in the preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HluWsMlfj68

Ontario
07-06-2009, 05:27 PM
The Project Natal thıng wıth the lıttle kıd seems kında ınterestıng but ı really doubt that ıt would work that well and would not get hım just sayıng some rubbısh to a questıon you ask hım. It ıs also kında sad ın my eyes as ı can ımagıne ıf ıt took off how many people would actually thınk hım as theır frıend and have less of a real lıfe.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!