PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP Discussion

iAdam
07-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Any MotoGP fans out there?

Who do you think's going to finish top this year? As much as I don't like it Stoner is looking good for top this year. But rossi is still in for a chance. Aswell as Lorenzo. If Stoner didn't have his duc with its crazy speed and he was on a yami or something then he'd be stone dead last or bin it on the first corner of every race.

Thoughts?

Thread stuck by iAdam (Forum Moderator); Thread stuck for discussion.

Wolverhampton
07-06-2009, 09:30 PM
I've always been fascinated by MotoGP but have never got into it and have never watched a full GP.

Will have to watch it next time, when is the next GP? and what channel?

Hecktix
07-06-2009, 09:35 PM
The next MotoGP is from Catalunya next Sunday and will be aired on BBC2.

I'm a huge GP fan.

This year I believe will be Stoner or Lorenzos. I disagree fully with your comment about Stoner, if the Ducati is what's winning the races why can nobody else ride it? For christ's sake Nicky Hayden is a World Champion, Marco Melandri has upped his pace now he's got rid of it. Stoner is a damn talented rider and it shows I believe he'd do fine on a Yamaha or any other bike, afterall he nearly won races when he rode for LCR Honda.

Rossi isn't completely out of it yet, the last two races have been flag-to-flag wet races. Rossi hasn't been able to adapt to these since they came about with the 800cc era, so give it a few more race before counting Rossi out.

iAdam
08-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Stoner is the only one who can ride the duc because of its super crazy speed, put him on another bike and he wont stand a change, that's what I meant anyway.

Melandri found his pace last race and hopefully that'll continue, it's always nice to see someone else fighting for it.

Hecktix
08-06-2009, 03:13 PM
The ducati isn't much faster than the Yamaha and it's certainly not faster at twisty circuits like Mugello where Stoner recently won.

Stoner achieved podiums and almost won a race at Istanbul when he rode for the LCR Honda team so how can you say "put him on another bike and he wouldn't stand a chance" when he stood a chance on one of the crappest bikes on the grid? If Stoner had a Yamaha or Honda underneath him he'd still be a quality championship contender.

iAdam
08-06-2009, 04:44 PM
It's alot faster, On the quarter it beats it hands down.

Almost won a race, didn't, He's a fair rider, I'll admit that, but without that bike he wouldn't be winning like he is. For example, alot of times at mugello, Rossi would take Stoner on the corner and then Stoner would just use the duc's stupid speed to get past him on the straight. Every time Rossi took him. Rossi can keep on him and take him, out of pure skill and not stupid speed.

Whats your bets for next race if it's good weather?

Hecktix
08-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Stoner uses his straight line speed and Rossi uses the Yamaha's ability to glide through the corners and fire out of them. Stoner only lost Istanbul 2006 on the last corner and give him his dues he was on the LCR Honda.

Hmm Catalunya... Lorezno is the favourite if you ask me, Rossi will obviously be looking for his resurgence, to prove that the only reason he lacked at the previous two races was down to the flag-to-flag style and of course Catalunya is a very wide circuit with a lot of straight line speed so the Ducatis always fare well there, so Stoner could be there but I'm hoping for a Rossi V Lorenzo showdown.

iAdam
08-06-2009, 08:55 PM
It would be nice to see someone other than Stoner leading the front pack for a race. The Rossi Lorenzo showdown does sound good, if the weather allows for it.

Donington looks good this year, even with the alterations for next year :/

Hecktix
08-06-2009, 08:59 PM
It would be nice to see someone other than Stoner leading the front pack for a race. The Rossi Lorenzo showdown does sound good, if the weather allows for it.

Donington looks good this year, even with the alterations for next year :/

Stoner hasn't dominated at all this year :S He's won 2 out of 5 races and done crap in the others? What is it with all the Stoner hate?

Donington had best be good this year because those alterations you talk about for next year won't be effecting MotoGP as Silverstone has stolen the contract.

iAdam
09-06-2009, 03:27 PM
I know, but I meant with the alterations underway at donington it's going to be a bit of a distraction to riders if they don't pause work for the race.

And I just really do not like Stoner as a rider if I'm honest.

Hecktix
09-06-2009, 03:42 PM
I've been at Donington recently and the work will not be a hinderence to the riders, only the spectators as you can't access certain viewing points.

iAdam
09-06-2009, 05:17 PM
I can see donington from my window, If some of the stuff they are doing now isn't finished then it will be a slight distraction as it is right next to the current circuit. I didn't manage to get tickets this year sadly :(

Rock
09-06-2009, 07:55 PM
there are 2 words which basically sum up what I know about MotoGP

:

Valentino Rossi

LOL

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not make pointless posts. Thanks :)

Hecktix
10-06-2009, 07:24 PM
I can see donington from my window, If some of the stuff they are doing now isn't finished then it will be a slight distraction as it is right next to the current circuit. I didn't manage to get tickets this year sadly :(

In all honesty I don't think building work will distract them.. they're used to distractions at Donington....

Can you really get more distracting than this:

http://www.rizla-suzuki.co.uk/pages/multimedia/GetDbImage.aspx?id=17935&width=600&height=400&crop=false&percent=0&cr=ftg&vm=1

Rock
10-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Hope its a good British Grand Prix for F1 next year.

Wolverhampton
10-06-2009, 07:42 PM
There is one in two weeks time.

Btw this is MotoGP not F1. :P

Rock
10-06-2009, 07:45 PM
There is one in two weeks time.

Btw this is MotoGP not F1. :P

Why are you so critical all the time?

I know that this is MotoGP and I know there is Silverstone in 2 weeks time but I am talking about it coming to Donington :rolleyes:

Hecktix
10-06-2009, 07:46 PM
get the F1 out the MotoGP thread :P

Wolverhampton
10-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah but it isn't about F1, it clearly says MotoGP in the title thread!!! :P

Chill a bit mate... ;)

Rock
10-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Yeah but it isn't about F1, it clearly says MotoGP in the title thread!!! :P

Chill a bit mate... ;)

Just saying something about the circuit.

Jeez

Chill a bit mate... ;)

Wolverhampton
10-06-2009, 07:51 PM
I am chilled thoughhh. :(

iAdam
11-06-2009, 07:40 PM
F1 out of my thread please

And yeah true about the aircraft at donington, most people listen to aviation frequencies rather than the tannoy. LOL I'm pretty sad that we're losing it this year, it was a good track.

Wolves
12-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I'd rather be at Donnington than Silverstone.

Hecktix
12-06-2009, 01:53 PM
F1 out of my thread please

And yeah true about the aircraft at donington, most people listen to aviation frequencies rather than the tannoy. LOL I'm pretty sad that we're losing it this year, it was a good track.

Yeah I'm thoroughly gutted about it. I don't think it'll be gone for too long though.

LuketheDuke
12-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Silverstone is more of a managable destination for us southern jessies though! :eusa_danc

Wolves
12-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Obviously. :P

Hecktix
12-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Silverstone is more of a managable destination for us southern jessies though! :eusa_danc

I'd rather travel further to a better circuit babe.

LuketheDuke
12-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I'd rather travel further to a better circuit babe.

Silverstone aint that bad though mateychops, the only bad thing about it is that on race days it always seems to rain!

Hecktix
12-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Silverstone aint that bad though mateychops, the only bad thing about it is that on race days it always seems to rain!

It's crap for bikes.

iAdam
12-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Silverstone is pretty crap for bikes imo, it's mostly straights and fast corners.

Hecktix
13-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Lorenzo on pole.

iAdam
14-06-2009, 05:37 PM
The doctor wins, Wow, what a race. I really can't believe how tight it was and the last lap speaks for itself, amazing racing. You'll never see a formula one lap like that.

Wolves
14-06-2009, 06:34 PM
what a race, first ever motogp race that i've ever watched, what a sport, what a race! soo exciting, will be watching it regularly now! :D

Hecktix
14-06-2009, 06:38 PM
what a race, first ever motogp race that i've ever watched, what a sport, what a race! soo exciting, will be watching it regularly now! :D

Glad for you :)

Immense race. I was really hoping for a Lorenzo Vs Rossi battle, lorenzo has a lot to learn, a lot a lot a lot.

iAdam
14-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Never underestimate the doctor, Everyone thought Lorenzo had outsmarted him with three turns to go, how wrong they were, back are the days when rossi can play around with people. Glad to see them back.

LuketheDuke
14-06-2009, 09:30 PM
I think sometimes the term greatness is used too often in sport.

Rossi's achievements and ability in GP are second to none, he has earned the right to be labelled as great and today was another key example that Vale is 1 in a million even though people wrote him off after Mugello.

On top of that hes a fantastic bloke; charismatic, humble and a bit of a joker.

The Doctor is in session!

Hecktix
14-06-2009, 09:32 PM
I think sometimes the term greatness is used too often in sport.

Rossi's achievements and ability in GP are second to none, he has earned the right to be labelled as great and today was another key example that Vale is 1 in a million even though people wrote him off after Misano.

On top of that hes a fantastic bloke; charismatic, humble and a bit of a joker.

The Doctor is in session!

you mean mugello x

LuketheDuke
14-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Italianthingyplaceivebeendrinkinggivemeabreakpls.

iAdam
17-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Its good to see the doctor back in the officer, hopefully he'll do the same at Assen

Hecktix
22-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Assen thursday :)

Wolves
22-06-2009, 12:35 AM
You guys should get this thread stickied, but as just 'MotoGP discussion'. :)

iAdam
22-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Assen! woop woop

Hecktix
23-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Just to add some 2010 speculation into the discussion as Silly Season has begun...

Marco Simoncelli has been in talks with both Monster Tech 3 Yamaha and San Carlo Honda Gresini teams and is thought to be signing a deal with the latter to ride a HRC prepared factoryhonda for the Gresini team, much like Toni Elias is doing this year.

With one of Tech 3's favourites out of the window, they have been also eying up simoncelli's 250 championship rival this year Alvaro Bautista. Bautista has reportedly recently turned down a Rizla Suzuki GP ride.

Tech 3's other favourite, World Superbike rookie hot shot Ben Spies is still in talks with the team, however it's looking more likely he'll stay with Yamaha in world superbike.

With Colin Edwards in vivid talks with Aprilia WSB to ride the stunning RSV4 it looks like Tech 3 could be left in the dark.. meaning Briton James Toseland could keep his ride, even after a dior start to the 2009 campaign.

Toseland has been looking at options though, his manager has been talking to Paul Denning of the Rizla Suzuki squad.

Reportedly Jorge Lorenzo has a 3 year yamaha contract on his desk, but has refused to sign it yet...

John Hopkins has been in talks with Tech 3 too.

So yeah.. we'll see :)

Hecktix
25-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Just to update that, Simoncelli has officially signed for Gresini Honda to ride in 2010, however it's not clear who he will be replacing in the team.

On another note, Free Practice times from Assen:

1. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 1min 37.842 sec
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 1min 37.847 sec
3. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 37.877 sec
4. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 1min 38.061 sec
5. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1min 38.092 sec
6. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 1min 38.194 sec
7. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1min 38.205 sec
8. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 38.350 sec
9. James Toseland GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1min 38.379 sec
10. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 38.429 sec
11. Alex de Angelis RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini 1min 38.495 sec
12. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 38.928 sec
13. Mika Kallio FIN Pramac Racing 1min 39.464 sec
14. Marco Melandri ITA Hayate Racing Team 1min 39.597 sec
15. Toni Elias SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1min 39.642 sec
16. Sete Gibernau SPA Grupo Francisco Hernando 1min 40.151 sec
17. Yuki Takahashi JPN Scot Racing Team MotoGP 1min 40.185 sec
18. Niccolo Canepa ITA Pramac Racing 1min 41.020 sec
19. Gabor Talmacsi HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP 1min 41.380 sec

iAdam
28-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Lorenzo couldn't keep up this time, good victory for rossi.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lorenzo didn't sign that tbh, He could do so much better but yamaha are concentrating on rossi.

Hecktix
30-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Yamaha aren't concentrating on Rossi.
Lorenzo is Yamaha's future tbh.

Rossi is good, and yes he gets a lot of attention.

Actually the Yamaha rider getting the most attention at Assen was one Mr Toseland, who had the top man from Yamaha at his side all weekend.

In my opinion, Lorenzo is on the only bike that can beat rossi, the same bike :)

iAdam
01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah I agree and toseland did get alot of attention through Assen, Lorenzo can have a shot at rossi every race, but alot of the problems are mental, Rossi has such a stable mind during races its unreal, where as Lorenzo really did lose it a bit on the last corner and got complacent at catalunya, even though he didn't expect it, you can't leave the doctor with a gap behind you.

USA this week, It's on at random times so we'll have to watch repeats (n)

LuketheDuke
01-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Looking foward to the up and coming GP race.

And as a footnote Id love JT to get the rizla ride.

iAdam
02-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Yeah should be a good race, but because of the time zone difference it's really crap times.

Never mind, Tour de france starts on saturday though. (y)

Hecktix
03-07-2009, 05:50 PM
I don't think the time difference makes it a crap time! Try watching Philip Island!!!!

Lol when World Superbikes started I sat and watched BOTH RACES live from Philip...

I remember last year laying in bed watching Laguna Seca, it is probably the best experience i've ever had in that bed!!!!

BRING IT ON!

Rossi Vs Lorenzo pls.

iAdam
04-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Dont think someones getting enough :P

I do want a rossi and lorenzo fight again, with the added corkscrew it should be a good one. I'll try and stay up to watch it, but it isn't on bbc two ;(

iAdam
05-07-2009, 04:36 PM
I seriously doubt Lorenzo and Stoner will be riding today, their high sides were worse than anything I've ever done, and mine really did shake me up for a while and not to mention the injuries. If they do ride they'll be off the pace really bad, so that leaves Rossi to dominate, damn, I wanted a fight this race. but the way lorenzo was limping and how stoner had to be stretchered off puts serious doubts in my mind.

Things really are looking bad for stoner, he's already suffering, I think this accident really has done his season in if he can't shake off this bug.

There's always donington ;)

Hecktix
05-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Stoner: ripped groin
Lorenzo: Dislocated shoulder

Will check warm up times and see if they are out :)

edit; both stoner & lorenzo are out in WUP.

iAdam
05-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Holy crap, I really didn't think either would go out on the track, or on bikes atleast.

But still, neither of them will be on top form so no fights :(

Although, Stoner is still on pace, however Lorenzo laps at 5th on a 1:22.215, the only thing is stamina now.

Hecktix
05-07-2009, 05:43 PM
I think Lorenzo will play it cool and just try to get points, therefore won't push too hard. I have a feeling Stoner won't do this, and will end up in the gravel.

iAdam
05-07-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm thinking the same, Only a few hours until we find out, I'm gonna try and catch some of the race.

iAdam
05-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Don't mind if I say but Rossi is a god, took stoner on the corkscrew, ok, stoner isn't on his best, but overtaking anyone on the corkscrew is mental tbh.

22:08

Stoner's falling into the hands of the doctor now. If he gets past him, Pedrosa then done.

22:11

They're dropping like flies on just two corners!

iAdam
05-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Rossi is trying to leave him now, if stoner felt the need to bin it on a corner then it'd be much appreciated!

iAdam
14-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Going to Donington this year, will keep yall updated.

StefanWolves
16-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Guys I am really getting into this MotoGP stuff! it's so exciting, just can't get a grip of the grand prix time table though, last race I saw was last weeks, best race I have seen so far is a couple of weeks ago when Rossi overtook... I think it was Lorenzo, on the last corner! awesome stuff!

Hecktix
16-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Guys I am really getting into this MotoGP stuff! it's so exciting, just can't get a grip of the grand prix time table though, last race I saw was last weeks, best race I have seen so far is a couple of weeks ago when Rossi overtook... I think it was Lorenzo, on the last corner! awesome stuff!

www.motogp.com for a calendar :)

Sachsenring is this Sunday :)
British GP at Donington is the following Sunday :)

StefanWolves
16-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Oh, Donnington should be good! that's a must-watch then. :P

Hecktix
17-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Oh, Donnington should be good! that's a must-watch then. :P

Will be a memorable occasion as it's the last MotoGP at Donington, unfortunately I haven't got £55 to go :(

iAdam
19-07-2009, 07:15 PM
I'll get as many pics as i can, and keep everyone updated through the weekend, I'm setting up my tent on first corner so it should be good.

Hecktix
20-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Good Rossi Vs Lorenzo battle today :)

Good to see Stoner & Pedrosa still up there.

Huge shame about Toseland still not performing well.

iAdam
20-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Yh it is good to see Stoner back on form, gives rossi another thing to think about.

I think most riders will pull out all the stops for donington as it's the last GP here. Should be a good one.

Hecktix
24-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Pedrosa topping free practice today. Wet session, dried towards end. James Toseland did very well, was 3rd at one stage, stayed around 5th for the rest of the session til he ran out of petrol with 7 minutes to go, so everyone else got to take advantage of the dry track and the kid ended up 12th, but I expect good things from JT tomorrow & Sunday.

1. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 1min 38.627 sec
2. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 38.872 sec
3. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 1min 38.917 sec
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1min 39.069 sec
5. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 1min 39.105 sec
6. Marco Melandri ITA Hayate Racing Team 1min 39.130 sec
7. Mika Kallio FIN Pramac Racing 1min 39.209 sec
8. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1min 39.379 sec
9. Toni Elias SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1min 39.755 sec
10. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 40.116 sec
11. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 40.419 sec
12. James Toseland GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1min 40.522 sec
13. Gabor Talmacsi HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP 1min 40.850 sec
14. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 41.467 sec
15. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 1min 41.861 sec
16. Alex de Angelis RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini 1min 42.210 sec
17. Niccolo Canepa ITA Pramac Racing 1min 42.696 sec

Hecktix
25-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Rossi on pole, JT 9th

HOWEVER BIG NEWSSSS

Jorge Lorenzo has apparently SIGNED a HRC contract :O:O:O:O:O:O

Angel-Charlene
25-07-2009, 05:12 PM
GP's coming to Valencia in Nov, I dunno whether to buy them or buy in Portugal in Oct, they're cheaper. Hmm but then Valencia 3 hours away in the car. Opinions?

Tossland crap mate (y)

Rossi & Lorenzo the best ;)

Hecktix
25-07-2009, 05:13 PM
GP's coming to Valencia in Nov, I dunno whether to buy them or buy in Portugal in Oct, they're cheaper. Hmm but then Valencia 3 hours away in the car. Opinions?

Tossland crap mate (y)

Rossi & Lorenzo the best ;)

Toseland is a World Champion... World Champion's don't tend to be crap...

Angel-Charlene
25-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Toseland is a World Champion... World Champion's don't tend to be crap...

world champions do seem to die :8

im just pulling your leg. im only messing with you. ;)

iAdam
26-07-2009, 06:31 PM
world champions do seem to die :8

im just pulling your leg. im only messing with you. ;)

Yeah because, Rossi has really died.

Back from the weekend, Dang that was good, Shame about Lorenzo and Rossi. Should of heard the silence from the old hairpin to starkeys when Rossi fell. Good win for Dovi though and Toseland got a good result. Our Rossi straight laughed so hard at the Ducati's. All in all good weekend, apart from the rain.

If anyone wants to know anything more, there's too much to write, then just ask away.

iAdam
28-07-2009, 09:27 PM
16 days till Brno is it? Until then they have a long time to test, and to mock the ducatis.

Hecktix
03-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Wins, Podiums, Poles and Fastest Laps.
The stats that matter most. Ranking by championship order.

1. Valentino Rossi: 4 (wins) 8 (podiums) 4 (poles) 3 ('laps)
2. Jorge Lorenzo: 2 (wins) 8 (podiums) 4 (poles) 2 ('laps)
3. Casey Stoner: 2 (wins) 5 (podiums) 1 (poles) 2 ('laps)
4. Dani Pedrosa: 1 (wins) 5 (podiums) 1 (poles) 3 ('laps)
5. Colin Edwards: 0 (wins) 1 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
6. Andrea Dovizioso: 1 (wins) 1 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
7. Marco Melandri: 0 (wins) 1 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
8. Randy de Puniet: 0 (wins) 1 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
9. Chris Vermeulen: 0 (wins) 0 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
10. Loris Capirossi: 0 (wins) 0 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
11. Alex de Angelis: 0 (wins) 0 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
12. James Toseland: 0 (wins) 0 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
13. Nicky Hayden: 0 (wins) 0 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
14. Toni Elias: 0 (wins) 0 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
15. Mika Kallio: 0 (wins) 0 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
16. Niccolo Canepa: 0 (wins) 0 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
16. Sete Gibernau: 0 (wins) 0 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
18. Yuki Takahashi: 0 (wins) 0 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
19. Gabor Talmacsi: 0 (wins) 0 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)

2009 Summary:
Most race wins: Valentino Rossi (4)
Most podiums: Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo (8)
Most poles: Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo (4)
Most fastest laps: Valentino Rossi and Dani Pedrosa (3)
Different race winners: 5
Different podium finishers: 8
Different pole position qualifiers: 4
Different riders with a fastest lap: 4

How close is the 2009 competition?
Closest, largest and average figures for pole position, race victory, top 3 and top 10 for 2009 rounds so far, the first season of a single-tyre rule. Figures for previous 800cc seasons also given

2009 - victories:
Closest race victory: 0.095sec (Rossi - Catalunya)
Largest race victory: 17.710sec (Lorenzo - Le Mans)
Average victory margin: 3.775sec
2008:
Closest race victory (full season): 1.817sec (Lorenzo - Estoril)
Largest race victory (full season): 15.004sec (Rossi - Brno)
Average victory margin (full season): 5.428sec
2007:
Average victory margin (full season):5.748sec

2009 - Top 3:
Closest top 3 finish: 1.600sec (Dovizioso, Edwards, de Puniet - Donington)
Largest top 3 finish: 23.113sec (Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner - Assen)
Average top 3 finish: 9.091sec
2008:
Closest top 3 finish (full season): 3.343sec (Pedrosa, Rossi, Stoner - Catalunya)
Largest top 3 finish (full season): 26.609sec (Rossi, Stoner, Vermeulen - Laguna Seca)
Average top 3 finish (full season): 11.041sec
2007:
Average top 3 finish (full season): 11.041sec (the same as 2008)

2009 - Top 10:
Closest top 10 finish: 34.814sec (Mugello)
Largest top 10 finish:53.218sec (Le Mans)
Average top 10 finish: 43.615sec
2008:
Closest top 10 finish (full season): 25.516sec (Sepang)
Largest top 10 finish (full season):89.275sec (Sachsenring)
Average top 10 finish (full season): 40.356sec
2007:
Average top 10 finish (full season): 44.788sec

2009 - Pole positions:
Closest pole position: 0.005sec (Pedrosa - Le Mans)
Largest pole position: 0.640sec (Rossi - Sachsenring)
Average pole margin: 0.161sec
2008:
Closest pole position (full season): 0.032sec (Stoner - Assen)
Largest pole position (full season): 1.189sec (Stoner - Brno)
Average pole margin (full season): 0.328sec
2007:
Average pole margin (full season): 0.215sec

2009 Factory v Satellite.
Wins, podiums, poles and fastest laps for factory riders compared with satellite riders. Factory riders were classed as those riding for a factory team.

Factory riders: 10 (wins) 27 (podiums) 10 (poles) 10 ('laps)
Satellite riders: 0 (wins) 3 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)

Average qualifying position for the top satellite rider in a 2009 grand prix: 6th
In 2008 (full season): 4th
Average race position for the top satellite rider at a 2009 grand prix: 5th
In 2008 (full season): 4th

Average time difference between the top factory rider and the top satellite rider during 2009 qualifying: 0.905sec
In 2008 (full season): 0.623sec
In 2007 (full season): 0.713sec

Average time difference between the top factory rider and the top satellite rider at the end of a 2009 race: 23.208sec
In 2008 (full season): 17.611sec
In 2007 (full season): 19.462sec

2009 Team-mate v Team-mate
Team-mate vs. team-mate in terms of who finished higher in qualifying and race results. Only events where both riders were present are included. If both riders failed to finish, both received 0. Ranking by least difference, shown in brackets.

1. Repsol Honda:
Race: Pedrosa 5 - Dovizioso 4 (1)
Qualifying: Pedrosa 6 - Dovizioso 4 (2)

=2. Fiat Yamaha:
Race: Rossi 7 - Lorenzo 3 (4)
Qualifying: Rossi 5 - Lorenzo 5 (0)

=2. Rizla Suzuki:
Race: Capirossi 6 - Vermeulen 4 (2)
Qualifying: Capirossi 6 - Vermeulen 4 (2)

4. San Carlo Honda Gresini:
Race: de Angelis 6 - Elias 4 (2)
Qualifying: de Angelis 3 - Elias 7 (4)

5. Pramac Racing:
Race: Kallio 3 - Canepa 6 (3)
Qualifying: Kallio 8 - Canepa 1 (7)

6. Monster Yamaha Tech 3:
Race: Edwards 9 - Toseland 1 (8)
Qualifying: Edwards 10 - Toseland 0 (10)

7. Ducati Marlboro:
Race: Stoner 10 - Hayden 0 (10)
Qualifying: Stoner 10 - Hayden 0 (10)

Team Scot, Grupo Francisco Hernando, Hayate and LCR Honda one-rider teams

Satellite stars.

Top satellite rider in 2009 races to date:
1. Colin Edwards: 4 times
=2. Marco Melandri: 2 times
=2. Alex de Angelis: 2 times
=4. Randy de Puniet: 1 time
=4. Toni Elias: 1 time
=6. James Toseland: 0
=6. Mika Kallio: 0
=6. Niccolo Canepa: 0
=6. Sete Gibernau: 0
=6. Yuki Takahashi: 0
=6. Gabor Talmacsi: 0

Top satellite rider in 2009 qualifying:
1. Colin Edwards: 4 times
2. Randy de Puniet: 3 times
3. Toni Elias: 2 times
4. Alex de Angelis: 1 time
=5. Marco Melandri: 0
=5. James Toseland: 0
=5. Mika Kallio: 0
=5. Niccolo Canepa: 0
=5. Sete Gibernau: 0
=5. Yuki Takahashi: 0
=5. Gabor Talmacsi: 0

2009 v 2008.
Who is doing better this year than last? Whose 2009 team change turned bad? 2009 v 2008 for wins, podiums, championship position and points after the first ten rounds of both seasons. Ranking by points improvement.

Key: +1 means one more than at same point in 2008, = means the same number as in 2008, -1 means one less than in 2008 etc

1. Jorge Lorenzo: +1 (wins) +4 (podiums) +2 (championship) +48 (points)
2. Marco Melandri: = (wins) +1 (podiums) +9 (championship) +47 (points)
3. Randy de Puniet: = (wins) +1 (podiums) +9 (championship) +44 (points)
4. Alex de Angelis: = (wins) = (podiums) +1 (championship) +22 (points)
5. Toni Elias: = (wins) = (podiums) -1 (championship) +10 (points)
6. Loris Capirossi: = (wins) = (podiums) +1 (championship) +6 (points)
7. Colin Edwards: = (wins) -1 (podiums) = (championship) +5 ('points)
8. Andrea Dovizioso: +1 (wins) +1 (podiums) = (championship) +4 (points)

9. Valentino Rossi: +1 (wins) = (podiums) = (championship) = (points)*

10. Chris Vermeulen: = (wins) -1 (podiums) -2 (championship) -6 (points)
11. James Toseland: = (wins) = (podiums) -3 (championship) -10 (points)
12. Casey Stoner: -2 (wins) -2 (podiums) = (championship) -17 (points)
13. Nicky Hayden: = (wins) = (podiums) -5 (championship) -26 (points)
14. Dani Pedrosa: -1 (wins) -3 (podiums) -2 (championship) -56 (points)

* Rossi has exactly the same number of points after ten rounds this year, as he had after ten rounds last year. Last season Rossi was 16 points ahead of his nearest rival (Pedrosa) after ten rounds, this year he is 25 points clear (of Lorenzo).

Best and worst 2009 race finish.
Best and worst race finish of the year so far for each rider, not including DNFs. Ranking order decided by best race finish, then worst.

1. Jorge Lorenzo: 1st - 3rd
2. Andrea Dovizioso: 1st - 8th
3. Dani Pedrosa: 1st - 11th
4. Casey Stoner: 1st - 14th
5. Valentino Rossi: 1st - 16th
6. Colin Edwards: 2nd - 12th
7. Marco Melandri: 2nd - 14th
8. Randy de Puniet: 3rd - 14th
9. Alex de Angelis: 4th - 15th
10. Loris Capirossi: 5th - 11th
11. Chris Vermeulen: 5th - 13th
12. Nicky Hayden: 5th - 15th
13. Toni Elias: 6th - 15th
14. James Toseland: 6th - 16th
15. Mika Kallio: 8th - 14th
16. Niccolo Canepa: 8th - 17th
17. Sete Gibernau: 11th - 15th
18. Yuki Takahashi: 12th - 15th
19. Gabor Talmacsi: 12th - 17th

Best and worst 2009 qualifying.
Best and worst qualifying positions of the year so far. Ranking order decided by best qualifying, then worst.

1. Jorge Lorenzo: 1st - 3rd
=2. Valentino Rossi: 1st - 4th
=2. Casey Stoner: 1st - 4th
4. Dani Pedrosa: 1st - 14th
5. Loris Capirossi: 3rd -14th
6. Andrea Dovizioso: 4th - 11th
7. Chris Vermeulen: 4th - 13th
8. Nicky Hayden: 4th - 16th
9. Colin Edwards: 5th - 7th
10. Randy de Puniet: 5th - 16th
11. Alex de Angelis: 5th - 16th
12. Toni Elias: 5th - 17th
13. Marco Melandri: 7th - 17th
14. James Toseland: 9th - 15th
15. Mika Kallio: 10th - 17th
16. Yuki Takahashi: 10th - 18th
17. Sete Gibernau: 12th - 16th
18. Niccolo Canepa: 13th - 18th
19. Gabor Talmacsi: 16th - 19th

2009 DNFs.
'To finish first, first you must finish'. This shows the number of times a rider has failed to reach the finish so far in 2009. 0 means a rider finished every race he started. Ranking by least DNFs, then number of race starts.

=1. Valentino Rossi: 0
=1. Casey Stoner: 0
=1. Colin Edwards: 0
=1. Marco Melandri: 0
=1. Chris Vermeulen: 0
=1. Alex de Angelis: 0
=1. Niccolo Canepa: 0
=8. Randy de Puniet: 1
=8. James Toseland: 1
=8. Nicky Hayden: 1
11. Gabor Talmacsi: 1*
=12. Jorge Lorenzo: 2
=12. Dani Pedrosa: 2
=12. Loris Capirossi: 2
=12. Toni Elias: 2
16. Sete Gibernau: 2*
17. Andrea Dovizioso: 3
18. Mika Kallio: 3*
19. Yuki Takahashi: 3*

* Did not take part in all 10 rounds.

Bike v Bike.
2009 tally of wins, podiums, poles and fastest laps for each bike so far this year. Ranking by wins, then podiums etc

1. Yamaha YZR-M1: 6 (wins) 17 (podiums) 8 (poles) 5 ('laps)
2. Honda RC212V: 2 (wins) 7 (podiums) 1 (poles) 3 ('laps)
3. Ducati Desmosedici GP9: 2 (wins) 5 (podiums) 1 (poles) 2 ('laps)
4. Kawasaki ZX-RR: 0 (wins) 1 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)
5. Suzuki GSV-R: 0 (wins) 0 (podiums) 0 (poles) 0 ('laps)

iAdam
03-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Looking good for end of season, No testing going on at Brno as of yet.

LuketheDuke
03-08-2009, 07:06 PM
1 more top 6 from JT and his ride is safe?

Hecktix
03-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Looking good for end of season, No testing going on at Brno as of yet.

Yeah it's getting really exciting now, it's a very close season.

Have you seen these photos on the MotoGP site from Donington?:

Coming into Melbourne:
http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xy/2009/MotoGP/FP2/n501910_group.03.preview_big.jpg

Scott Redding coming round Goddards:

http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xy/2009/125cc/n501909_redding_1.preview_big.jpg

Coming round the other side of Melbourne
http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xy/2009/MotoGP/FP2/n501904_group.02_0.preview_big.jpg

Going into Redgate:
http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xy/2009/MotoGP/FP2/n501888_group_13.preview_big.jpg

Luke - I think so

LuketheDuke
03-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Schweet pics there, id still prefer JT on the suzuki team for an english connection so hopefully a deal will happen.

Hecktix
03-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Schweet pics there, id still prefer JT on the suzuki team for an english connection so hopefully a deal will happen.

Hopefully that'll come through.

Valentino Rossi caught out whilst in the lead:

http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/PA629427.jpg
http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/PA629428.jpg
http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/PA629429.jpg
http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/PA629430.jpg
http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/PA629441.jpg
http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/PA629440.jpg

iAdam
03-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Amazin pics, From starkeys you couldn't see alot of the other side of the track. You should of been there :P It was an amazing feeling with all the rossi supporters.

I can't help but feel that silverstone just wont be as good, the track invasion is impossible there and it won't be the same. But in five yearsw, it's coming back! The marshalls were usual with rossi, he got back on himself.

dovi was so lucky not to get messed up in the rossi crash.

Hecktix
03-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Amazin pics, From starkeys you couldn't see alot of the other side of the track. You should of been there :P It was an amazing feeling with all the rossi supporters.

I can't help but feel that silverstone just wont be as good, the track invasion is impossible there and it won't be the same. But in five yearsw, it's coming back! The marshalls were usual with rossi, he got back on himself.

dovi was so lucky not to get messed up in the rossi crash.

Dovi was amazingly lucky.

Flukey :P

I'm not sure on Silverstone I guess we shall have to see.
All I remember is donington GP but y'know, it's meant to be fast so :D

iAdam
04-08-2009, 07:21 AM
If Dovi was on a proper chase lap, he would of been caught up in it.

I am very unsure on Silverstone.

Donington GP has always been good and if it'scoming back in five years, I guess I'm happy.

Titch
04-08-2009, 09:08 AM
If Dovi was on a proper chase lap, he would of been caught up in it.

I am very unsure on Silverstone.

Donington GP has always been good and if it'scoming back in five years, I guess I'm happy.

I think everyone is unsure on silverstone but everyone is excited at the same time, Its a very quick track for MotoGP and will provide ALOT of places to overtake. So more fun for rossi and lorenzo (if he stays).

iAdam
04-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Rossi and Lorenzo are in MotoGP next year.

I'm not excited about silverstone, the new track they are modifying has about two overtaking places from what I've seen, which is useless for bikes, they overtake loads in a race, not in two places. Silverstone is a long track compared to most other MotoGP circuits so where'd you get that from?

iAdam
04-08-2009, 07:11 PM
http://www.yamaha-racing.com/Images/2009_motogp_tcm78-234897.jpg

Engine
Engine type:Liquid cooled Crossplane crankshaft inline four-cylinder, four stroke
Maximum power: Over 200 horsepower (147 kW)
Maximum speed: In excess of 320 km/h
Transmission
Type:Six-speed cassette-type gearbox, with alternative gear ratios available
Chassis and running gear
Frame type: Aluminium twin tube delta box, multi-adjustable steering geometry/wheelbase/ride height. Aluminium swingarm
Suspension:Ohlins upside down front forks and Ohlins rear shock, all adjustable for pre-load, high and low-speed compression and rebound damping. Alternative rear suspension links available
Front/rear wheels:Marchesini 16.5 front, 16.5 rear, available in a variety of rim widths
Front/rear tyres:Bridgestone, 16.5 front, 16.5 rear, available as slick, intermediate, wet and hand-cut tyres
Brakes:Brembo, two 320 mm carbon front discs, two four-piston callipers. Single 220 mm stainless steel rear disc, twin-piston calliper
Weight:148kg, in accordance with FIM regulations
Fuel capacity:21 litres, in accordance with FIM regulations

Fiat Yamaha have edited their bike !!!

http://www.yamaha-racing.com/Images

Hecktix
04-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Rossi and Lorenzo are in MotoGP next year.

I'm not excited about silverstone, the new track they are modifying has about two overtaking places from what I've seen, which is useless for bikes, they overtake loads in a race, not in two places. Silverstone is a long track compared to most other MotoGP circuits so where'd you get that from?

It's gonna be one of the longest circuits on the calendar but also one of the fastest - which plenty of overtaking opportunities - it should be good Adam.

Ahh but the thing with Lorenzo - what machine is he going to be riding?

iAdam
05-08-2009, 07:25 AM
I don't like it :( i'll just have to wait and see.

Apparently lorenzo signed a contract a few weeks ago with another team? don't know if that's true or not. Donington has been promised the MotoGP back in five years anyway and they would change again, just a matter of waiting. Thank god I was there for the last year.

Hecktix
05-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I don't like it :( i'll just have to wait and see.

Apparently lorenzo signed a contract a few weeks ago with another team? don't know if that's true or not. Donington has been promised the MotoGP back in five years anyway and they would change again, just a matter of waiting. Thank god I was there for the last year.

Lorenzo apparently signed for honda.

iAdam
05-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Has that been confirmed? If he does move i would be surprised.

Hecktix
05-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Has that been confirmed? If he does move i would be surprised.

Not confirmed yet.

Well tbh I see his reasoning, he wants to win the world championship and he doesn't think he can do that at Yamaha while Valentino is there - he doesn't want to be the number 2 rider & valentino is on about 4 or 5 more years in GP.

Hecktix
05-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Mika Kallio WILL be riding a GP10 next year - but for which ducati team?

iAdam
06-08-2009, 07:05 AM
Yeah I do see why Lorenzo would want to move but I don't think he would, yamaha have given him a decent bike and he can really fly on it,he's just got to wait. He's the next Rossi, Hold me to that.

I think Rossi will try and wait until donington's back as it really is his second home and a win there on his last season would be amazing to be fair, you'd be able to hear the crowd :P

StefanWolves
08-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Why has this thread been un-stickied? this should be here permenant? :P

Hecktix
08-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Why has this thread been un-stickied? this should be here permenant? :P

Agreed. But apparently because it died because MotoGP is in a summer break it deserves unsticking 8-)

Agostini made an appearance at Brands Hatch today on his old MV!!

StefanWolves
08-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Well whats the point in stickying a thread now? after my suggestion of making subforums for separate sports got turned down. Strange.

This thread is still active anyway... :/

iAdam
09-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Four days till summer break ends. Apparently, Pedrosa hasn't had a contract for Repsol honda. Lorenzo is wanting to take pedrosa's spot so he can shine, and yamaha want a rookie for next season. However, Stoner may be taking a year out due to health issues and severe exhaustion due to his injuries and illnesses.

Mark my words, Lorenzo is the next Rossi, however Lorenzo will never be able to entertain a crowd like Rossi.

Hecktix
09-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Four days till summer break ends. Apparently, Pedrosa hasn't had a contract for Repsol honda. Lorenzo is wanting to take pedrosa's spot so he can shine, and yamaha want a rookie for next season. However, Stoner may be taking a year out due to health issues and severe exhaustion due to his injuries and illnesses.

Mark my words, Lorenzo is the next Rossi, however Lorenzo will never be able to entertain a crowd like Rossi.

We knew Lorenzo was going to be the next Rossi last year :P
I know HRC originally told Pedrosa if he doesn't win the championship this year he's out on his ear as they are sick of him finishing second or third best - their original plan was to watch Ryuichi Kiyonari (who looked to have good chances in this years world superbike championship on a HRC Fireblade) do well in WSBK & take Pedrosas seat.

Repsol Honda are a Spanish team and I believe it's in their contract with HRC that they must always have a Spanish rider in the team. It's usually the pattern for the nationality of the team to have a rider from their country, Fiat Yamaha which is Italian has Rossi, Marlboro Ducati (also Italian) always had Loris Capirossi and Marco Melandri but were struggling to find an italian this year. Tech 3 used to have Sylvain Guintoli, the French LCR Honda team have Randy De Puniet etc etc.

I think it's likely we could be seeing Lorenzo & Pedrosa switch seats.

Yamaha aren't looking for a rookie Adam as they cannot hire a rookie due to new MotoGP regulations. A rider must have taken part in at least 9 events in 1 MotoGP season to qualify for a seat on a Factory Bike according to new regulations - Suzuki are the only team exempt from this as they do not have a satellite team. Yamaha are LOOKING to line up American sensation Ben Spies for a Tech 3 ride, in the hope of him joining the factory squad in 2010.

As for Stoner - I doubt he'll take a year out.

iAdam
10-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm sure I read somehwere on their website that they're getting new blood from somewhere, I shall try and dig that out.

http://www.motogp.com/en New free video on there. Brno in three days, summer break over, amazing.

LuketheDuke
10-08-2009, 12:42 PM
the fact theres only 2 competitive teams in GP makes it tight for any swaps to happen. i cant see either Lorenzo or Pedrosa going to Ducati especially the latter as the desmo could kill him.

I hope for the sports sake that other teams like Ducati and Suzuki can be competitive enough so theres a spread of talented riders.

iAdam
10-08-2009, 01:29 PM
There are plenty of competitive teams, else there wouldn't be a GP. The main however are Fiat Yamaha, Ducati, and recently Repsol honda. But anyone can win, it depends on the team and riders, just like formula one however, you need the funding, which can be hard to get.

Stoner is out of action for three races; http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/Stoner+to+miss+Czech+GP This aint looking good.

That Ducati might just kill kallio.

LuketheDuke
10-08-2009, 06:03 PM
lol no there aint many 'competitive' teams.

Fiat Yamaha dominate but Honda or Ducati (and by that I mean Stoner whos now on a break) can win.

hardly competitive

Hecktix
10-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm one that supports Mika Kallio for a good GP10 next year so I'm very very excited to see his prospects when replacing Stoner. I'm not expecting miracles from Brno but he could certainly shine at Misano & Indianapolis - by shine i mean top 6.

I think that there are only 3 teams that are gonna win in MotoGP and that's the Big 3 (Fiat, Marlboro & Repsol), the competitive nature of the GP is that it's possible for all the other teams to podium, that's been proved enough this year by people like Melandri, Randy De Puniet & Colin Edwards.

Be interesting to see what Michel Fabrizio can do on the pramac bike too, he's had top 10 GP finishes before :D

iAdam
10-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Kallio for marlboro 2010 me thinks.

Look at the british weekend, with the leaders knocked down one by onem anyone could take it.

Hecktix
10-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Kallio for marlboro 2010 me thinks.

Look at the british weekend, with the leaders knocked down one by onem anyone could take it.

It depends how he does in the next 3 races on the factory GP9.

Cause Ducati want to keep Hayden.

iAdam
11-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Who's this guy? http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/Fabrizio+ready+for+new+adventure+with+Pramac Atleast they arn't bringing retired riders back eh? ;)

Hecktix
11-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Who's this guy? http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/Fabrizio+ready+for+new+adventure+with+Pramac Atleast they arn't bringing retired riders back eh? ;)

You aren't a Superbike fan then?

That's Michel Fabrizio he currently rides a Ducati 1198 F09 for Xerox (Factory) Ducati in World Superbikes. He currently stands 3rd behind Yamaha's Ben Spies (tipped for a Tech 3 Ride in '10) and his team mate Noriyuki Haga.

He will replace Kallio at Brno (which happens to be his favourite circuit and he came 3rd there the other week in the World Superbikes) and may replace him for Indianapolis but will be at the Nurburgring on his 1198 for the final round which needs a rider.

The ducati test rider & Sete Gibernau have been linked with the Misano ride.

Fabrizio:

http://ducatimonster.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/michel-fabrizio-phillip-island-qualifying.jpg

iAdam
12-08-2009, 08:03 AM
I was taking the mick, I'm not as much of a fan os SBK if I'm honest though. Two days!

StefanWolves
12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
This should really be re-stickied.

iAdam
13-08-2009, 09:21 AM
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/MotoGP+riders+enjoy+Viennese+whirl

Look at the difference between the MotoGP and the 250cc's.

Hecktix
13-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Just found this JT image from Sepang testing:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs051.snc1/4467_1168784256745_1142117205_30532316_6902963_n.j pg

iAdam
13-08-2009, 07:58 PM
No one will ever beat this rossi crash image from Sepang.

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/images/rossi_crash_sepang_test_1.jpg

Finally friday practice tomorrow!

Hecktix
16-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Lorenzo fell, Kallio unfortuantely fell after a scrap with Melandri.

Rossi wins again, from Pedrosa and TONI ELIAS!!

I think Toni Elias will be saying a bit of an **** you to Fausto Gresini, as gresini has just told him he's out of a job.

iAdam
16-08-2009, 07:21 PM
It was an amazing race, even if lorenzo hadn't of fallen Rossi was having a pop at him on that corner anyway.

Races like that are why MotoGP is so much better.

Hecktix
16-08-2009, 11:35 PM
It was an amazing race, even if lorenzo hadn't of fallen Rossi was having a pop at him on that corner anyway.

Races like that are why MotoGP is so much better.

It was a boring race tbh they didn't really fight

Alvaro Bautista celebrates a bit too much:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/8204088.stm

However Paul Denning has still signed him for Rizla Suzuki in '10

StefanWolves
18-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Why hasn't this thread been re-stickied? F1 has been on a break for four weeks, that hasn't been un-stickied?

iAdam
18-08-2009, 06:53 PM
I saw the bautista fail, damn it was funny.

iAdam
20-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Rossi would of won in the end tbh, he's just smarter and has alot more experience, give Lorenzo another few seasons, we'll see what happens.

Hecktix
22-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Bautista = Suzuki 2010
Capirossi = Suzuki 2010

which means vermeulen = fired

Barbera = Aspar Ducati 2010

Ducati have reportedly made a £13m swoop for Lorenzo.

iAdam
23-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Lorenzo to announce his 2010 plans in next weeks grand prix or sooner.

iAdam
25-08-2009, 09:31 AM
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/Lorenzo+to+remain+with+Fiat+Yamaha+in+2010

Doesn't Lorenzo look happy in that photo.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!