HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default MotoGP Discussion

Any MotoGP fans out there?

Who do you think's going to finish top this year? As much as I don't like it Stoner is looking good for top this year. But rossi is still in for a chance. Aswell as Lorenzo. If Stoner didn't have his duc with its crazy speed and he was on a yami or something then he'd be stone dead last or bin it on the first corner of every race.

Thoughts?

Thread stuck by iAdam (Forum Moderator); Thread stuck for discussion.
    Last edited by iAdam; 22-06-2009 at 07:39 PM.
    VR|46

Tokens

I've always been fascinated by MotoGP but have never got into it and have never watched a full GP.

Will have to watch it next time, when is the next GP? and what channel?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The next MotoGP is from Catalunya next Sunday and will be aired on BBC2.

I'm a huge GP fan.

This year I believe will be Stoner or Lorenzos. I disagree fully with your comment about Stoner, if the Ducati is what's winning the races why can nobody else ride it? For christ's sake Nicky Hayden is a World Champion, Marco Melandri has upped his pace now he's got rid of it. Stoner is a damn talented rider and it shows I believe he'd do fine on a Yamaha or any other bike, afterall he nearly won races when he rode for LCR Honda.

Rossi isn't completely out of it yet, the last two races have been flag-to-flag wet races. Rossi hasn't been able to adapt to these since they came about with the 800cc era, so give it a few more race before counting Rossi out.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Stoner is the only one who can ride the duc because of its super crazy speed, put him on another bike and he wont stand a change, that's what I meant anyway.

Melandri found his pace last race and hopefully that'll continue, it's always nice to see someone else fighting for it.
    VR|46

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The ducati isn't much faster than the Yamaha and it's certainly not faster at twisty circuits like Mugello where Stoner recently won.

Stoner achieved podiums and almost won a race at Istanbul when he rode for the LCR Honda team so how can you say "put him on another bike and he wouldn't stand a chance" when he stood a chance on one of the crappest bikes on the grid? If Stoner had a Yamaha or Honda underneath him he'd still be a quality championship contender.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's alot faster, On the quarter it beats it hands down.

Almost won a race, didn't, He's a fair rider, I'll admit that, but without that bike he wouldn't be winning like he is. For example, alot of times at mugello, Rossi would take Stoner on the corner and then Stoner would just use the duc's stupid speed to get past him on the straight. Every time Rossi took him. Rossi can keep on him and take him, out of pure skill and not stupid speed.

Whats your bets for next race if it's good weather?
    VR|46

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Stoner uses his straight line speed and Rossi uses the Yamaha's ability to glide through the corners and fire out of them. Stoner only lost Istanbul 2006 on the last corner and give him his dues he was on the LCR Honda.

Hmm Catalunya... Lorezno is the favourite if you ask me, Rossi will obviously be looking for his resurgence, to prove that the only reason he lacked at the previous two races was down to the flag-to-flag style and of course Catalunya is a very wide circuit with a lot of straight line speed so the Ducatis always fare well there, so Stoner could be there but I'm hoping for a Rossi V Lorenzo showdown.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It would be nice to see someone other than Stoner leading the front pack for a race. The Rossi Lorenzo showdown does sound good, if the weather allows for it.

Donington looks good this year, even with the alterations for next year :/
    VR|46

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by iAdam View Post
    It would be nice to see someone other than Stoner leading the front pack for a race. The Rossi Lorenzo showdown does sound good, if the weather allows for it.

Donington looks good this year, even with the alterations for next year :/
    Stoner hasn't dominated at all this year :S He's won 2 out of 5 races and done crap in the others? What is it with all the Stoner hate?

Donington had best be good this year because those alterations you talk about for next year won't be effecting MotoGP as Silverstone has stolen the contract.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I know, but I meant with the alterations underway at donington it's going to be a bit of a distraction to riders if they don't pause work for the race.

And I just really do not like Stoner as a rider if I'm honest.
    VR|46

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast