PDA

View Full Version : 30 Second Nuke

samsaBEAR
14-04-2010, 05:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNk-znYOopM

I know this video has been causing a lot of controversy in the YouTube community, and it's been interesting to hear people's thoughts from both sides, what I'm curious what you guys think about it.
A lot of people have been saying loads of things about why it's fake and what not, and in my opinion I think it's kinda just been blown out of proportion a lot. He says on the video that he's been trying this for a long time, and he accepts himself that it's down to the opposing team and a lot of luck. I personally think it's real, I don't see why he would fake it. If you go through his channel, there are lots of examples of high multikills that he's gotten, games with high scores etc, he's clearly a competent player.
I know a lot of people have been saying that he faked it so he could get more views and obviously Machinima pay him by views, but I kinda think that people saying that are, not jealous as such, because I know people who are calling him out are good players, but maybe kinda intimidated? Like, they've been with Machinima for a while now, and here's a new guy, and on his first video he gets almost a million views.
If anything it should encourage people to step up their game and try make their videos a lot more entertaining. There are a lot of commentators who just talk about the gameplay and what have you, and are generally interesting people, but then there are also people who go off on tangents, don't really explain what's going on in the video, and generally make boring videos.
Obviously I don't post videos and stuff, so I can't say that I'm an 'expert' on the subject, but I just wanted to write what I think about it because I don't have my own channel to talk about it on aha.

/mytwocents

dbgtz
14-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Hes a beast.

PaulMacC
14-04-2010, 06:58 PM
It's fake. Almost every if not all "big" YouTube commentator agrees. People have been sad enough to test the run out in private games and the blast radius of the grenade.

Chris
14-04-2010, 07:03 PM
I dont think it's real. It's very rare the whole team go the same way and sit at b for like 10 seconds.

This is the fastest nuke now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yl8DTUY1J4&playnext_from=TL&videos=y_CLo-avNzo&feature=recentlik

Ardemax
14-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Obviously fake lol.

No doubt in my mind, besides, maximum 3 people run to B on a decent game.

dbgtz
14-04-2010, 07:48 PM
That 2nd one is easily real.

AlexOC
14-04-2010, 07:57 PM
OMG. He's god.

ecstasy
14-04-2010, 08:54 PM
fake, but its worked. its exploded + he has loads of subs now

Geraint
14-04-2010, 09:17 PM
screw the 6 grenade kill, how'd he get so many kills with a chopper on that map. mine do crap :(

AlexOC
14-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Not fake. Machinima Respawn is legit

Swastika
15-04-2010, 01:28 AM
He's made videos before, im sure he got a nuke very quick on highrise before too.
Looks legit, alot of noobs do tend to run to the closest flag on domination for points so it could be legit.
Nice grenade shot and chopper gunner skills on terminal, usually rock hard to get kills on terminal with a chopper.
CHOPPER GUNNER PWNS AC130! ;)

PaulMacC
15-04-2010, 05:24 AM
fake, but its worked. its exploded + he has loads of subs now
Not really. People hate him. Bad PR for Machinima.

Black_Apalachi
15-04-2010, 10:27 AM
The grenade is the best bit! He ruined it by getting killed right at the end though. I guess we'll never know whether it's fake or not.

That parody is funny lol. Would have been cooler if he used the mounted machine gun that's just behind him though.

Dusty-09
15-04-2010, 12:38 PM
LOL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvCDB-tELuk

Paul is in that convo as well I guess that kinda proves that they were taking the piss and they all knew it was fake

Black_Apalachi
15-04-2010, 12:57 PM
LOL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvCDB-tELuk

Paul is in that convo as well I guess that kinda proves that they were taking the piss and they all knew it was fake

Haha, 'blow 'em up with the semtex but have one of 'em, tactical insert near car, that the semtext blows up' :L

Edit: just finished listening to that, why is he suggesting that he try and do it again (by joining game, throwing semtex, quit if miss, repeat)? He actually said it would prove the haters wrong... HOW WOULD IT? All it would do is make it look even more fake!

samsaBEAR
15-04-2010, 02:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvjxNriLm6M&playnext_from=TL&videos=Kv1tPxLkb6w

He admits his knife only nuke was fake, which Blade was probably happy about because I know he's been going for a knife only nuke for ages.

Gibs960
15-04-2010, 03:33 PM
I've seen a 3 second Nuke, glitched the game and then the nuke took like 3 seconds :S

Sameer!
15-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Really have no idea about this one...

Dusty-09
15-04-2010, 04:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvjxNriLm6M&playnext_from=TL&videos=Kv1tPxLkb6w

He admits his knife only nuke was fake, which Blade was probably happy about because I know he's been going for a knife only nuke for ages.

"This video has been removed by the user." Urm yeah can't see it?

EDIT: 1000th post - yay

samsaBEAR
15-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Basically it said that his knife only nuke on Machinima was faked, but then a couple of hours after posting that one, he deleted it and posted this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4eTJ3umw08
He's a bit of a **** really

Ardemax
15-04-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm actually not so sure now..

ecstasy
15-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Not really. People hate him. Bad PR for Machinima.

Yes really. He has about 25k subs (I think), loads of people know about it. I doubt people are gonna hate him for it and even if some do, they're only people sat behind a computer screen which isnt gonna affect something like Machinima

ItsDave
15-04-2010, 06:52 PM
I never doubted it, but I just question how much time he spent trying to do it before.

Black_Apalachi
16-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Basically it said that his knife only nuke on Machinima was faked, but then a couple of hours after posting that one, he deleted it and posted this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4eTJ3umw08
He's a bit of a **** really

That's removed too. Did he basically change his mind about it being fake? Also is there a video for the knife nuke?

samsaBEAR
16-04-2010, 12:24 PM
That's removed too. Did he basically change his mind about it being fake? Also is there a video for the knife nuke?
The latest one was a video about him saying he's a 'puppetmaster' and all this ********. Even if it's real or fake, he's milking it a bit too much. And there was a video for the knife only nuke, but I can't find it on Machinima anymore. That actually looked more fake, because he kills the same 3 people all the time

Black_Apalachi
16-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Hmm... I wonder which game mode is easiest to get a Nuke on (without cheating). I'm pretty sure it's almost impossible on FFA - even when you're not competing with others who are cheating to get one. There's far too much cheating in COD these days. Pretty much every FFA I go into, you see a couple of similar clan tags or names and it's just like :rolleyes: Next COD definitely needs to exclude the Tactical Insertion.

Stitch
16-04-2010, 12:59 PM
This is the knife nuke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNIwckkpnA4

Black_Apalachi
16-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Cheers. Wow, 0:41 is when it starts screaming fake at me. Also who runs round Terminal on FFA with a sniper?

ItsDave
16-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Cheers. Wow, 0:41 is when it starts screaming fake at me. Also who runs round Terminal on FFA with a sniper?

Exactly, and who charges at the player who's going to stab you? No one. Everyone would change class to get the grenade launcher out and just bomb that room or lob grenades in. Either way, that is no way real.

samsaBEAR
16-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Hmm... I wonder which game mode is easiest to get a Nuke on (without cheating). I'm pretty sure it's almost impossible on FFA - even when you're not competing with others who are cheating to get one. There's far too much cheating in COD these days. Pretty much every FFA I go into, you see a couple of similar clan tags or names and it's just like :rolleyes: Next COD definitely needs to exclude the Tactical Insertion.
It's annoying when you go into a FFA with a friend, and you're not boosting, and you get abuse. Like me and my friends sometimes get into the same FFA because we wanna just muck around killing each other, and still contribute towards leveling up/challenges and the like

Ha, I do :D

Ardemax
16-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Very shifty video that one.

Dusty-09
16-04-2010, 05:19 PM

Me :'(

PaulMacC
16-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Yes really. He has about 25k subs (I think), loads of people know about it. I doubt people are gonna hate him for it and even if some do, they're only people sat behind a computer screen which isnt gonna affect something like Machinima
They know it was staged, thus why they've changed the name.

Black_Apalachi
18-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Exactly, and who charges at the player who's going to stab you? No one. Everyone would change class to get the grenade launcher out and just bomb that room or lob grenades in. Either way, that is no way real.

I know. I'd have used the same tactics as I do with Boosters: change class to 'BOOSTER JUSTICE' and throw C4s in and RPG the whole spec :P

It's annoying when you go into a FFA with a friend, and you're not boosting, and you get abuse. Like me and my friends sometimes get into the same FFA because we wanna just muck around killing each other, and still contribute towards leveling up/challenges and the like

Ha, I do :D

Just don't use clan tags then lol. And fair enough :D

Dusty-09
21-04-2010, 06:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhBi9BCVcFc&playnext_from=TL&videos=tq_91Al2rF4&feature=sub

lol - 'nuff said

Ardemax
22-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Case closed

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!