PDA

View Full Version : FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE FOR REP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neversoft
14-04-2010, 09:18 PM
So basically my friend has been assigned the job of surveying people on religion and whether they would be interested in a documentary about a particular religion. He has asked me to help out, so if you would be so kind could you fill out the questionnaire below. It looks a little long but should take no more than five minutes. I offer my greatest thanks and some reputation to whoever fills out the questionnaire. Please answer truthfully and be as detailed as you can.

1) What is your gender?

2) How old are you?

3) If any, what religion do you follow?

4) What television channel do you watch most out of the list below?
- BBC 1
- BBC 2
- BBC 3
- Channel 4
- ITV
- Five

5) What type of programme do you watch the most out of the list below?
- Documentary
- Soap
- Sitcom
- Magazine (GMTV, etc)

6) Do you or have you watched any programmes that focus on relgion? If so please specify which (one or two examples will do).

7) Would you be interested in gaining an insight into another religion and what it has to offer?

8) Do you know anything about the Buddhist religion? If yes please specify (only vaguely) what it is you know.

9) Would you be interested in a documentary focusing on Buddhism and people within the religion? If yes please specify why.

10) Do you believe religion affects the way people act socially? Please explain your answer.

11) How do you perceive people who practice the Buddhist faith to be? (EG - peaceful, understanding, angry, arrogant, etc)

12) Do you believe joining a religion can change a person? If yes, why do you think so?

Hecktix
14-04-2010, 09:25 PM
1) What is your gender?
Male

2) How old are you?

Agnostic

- Channel 4

- Documentary

6) Do you or have you watched any programmes that focus on relgion? If so please specify which (one or two examples will do).

I usually try to, helps with my A level although I can't remember the names of any recent ones.

7) Would you be interested in gaining an insight into another religion and what it has to offer?

Very.

8) Do you know anything about the Buddhist religion? If yes please specify (only vaguely) what it is you know.

I know that Buddhism focuses more around the life than God, I'm not really in a thinking mood to remember atm though!

9) Would you be interested in a documentary focusing on Buddhism and people within the religion? If yes please specify why.

Yes, because I find all religion interesting and find further insights into them fascinating.

10) Do you believe religion affects the way people act socially? Please explain your answer.

It depends on how much you believe and how much you participate within the religion, obviously devout Muslims pray 5 times a day no matter where they are. However some people, like some of my friends are religious but this doesn't really affect the way they act socially as they don't follow the values to the tee.

11) How do you perceive people who practice the Buddhist faith to be? (EG - peaceful, understanding, angry, arrogant, etc)

Peaceful, although there are Buddhist fundamentalists.

12) Do you believe joining a religion can change a person? If yes, why do you think so?

Yes, it gives them a whole new outlook on life and can change how a person acts, thinks, everything.

dirrty
14-04-2010, 09:25 PM
1) What is your gender?
male

2) How old are you?

christian

- BBC 1
- BBC 2
- BBC 3
- Channel 4
- ITV
- Five

probably channel 4

- Documentary
- Soap
- Sitcom
- Magazine (GMTV, etc)

erm sitcom

i've watched documentaries on numerous religions like islam and christianity.

no

they believe in karma

no

yes, because their beliefs impact on how they act. strict rules regarding their religion can dictate what they do such as not being allowed to drink, no sex before marriage etc. etc.

probably peaceful.

yeah i do believe joining a religion can change a person because they try to encompass beliefs and values which they believe will make them generally a better person which will lead to a promising after-life.

KyleSmith
14-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Here is mine.

1) What is your gender? - Male

2) How old are you? - 15

3) If any, what religion do you follow? - None

4) What television channel do you watch most out of the list below? - ITV or BBC1
- BBC 1
- BBC 2
- BBC 3
- Channel 4
- ITV
- Five

5) What type of programme do you watch the most out of the list below? - Soap
- Documentary
- Soap
- Sitcom
- Magazine (GMTV, etc)

6) Do you or have you watched any programmes that focus on relgion? If so please specify which (one or two examples will do). - Nope

7) Would you be interested in gaining an insight into another religion and what it has to offer? - Not really

8) Do you know anything about the Buddhist religion? If yes please specify (only vaguely) what it is you know. - Nope

9) Would you be interested in a documentary focusing on Buddhism and people within the religion? If yes please specify why. - Nope

10) Do you believe religion affects the way people act socially? Please explain your answer. - Yes because like people are bought up diffrently with diffrent cultures / religions, E.G Christians eat meat. Indian only eat Halah meat.

11) How do you perceive people who practice the Buddhist faith to be? (EG - peaceful, understanding, angry, arrogant, etc) - :/

12) Do you believe joining a religion can change a person? If yes, why do you think so? - It all depends, You see ex-convicts that have turned to god and it has changed them for the better and that.

Fez
14-04-2010, 09:30 PM
1) What is your gender?

Male

2) How old are you?

Agnostic, but I lean towards Protestant Christian

Hard to say, probably Channel 4

A tie between Documentary and Sitcom

Yes but they were age-old Channel 4 documentaries that I can't remember.

I'm not sure yet, I'm agnostic so I'm sitting on the fence for now.

Yes, I do know they believe in a circle of birth, somewhat similar to reincarnation.

Yes, I find anything about History/Religion/[insert 'apparently' boring topic].

Yes, I think that for the most part, people won't let religion interfere with their lives but sometimes it changes them. My friend is a Catholic and is only against Abortion only because of her step-father, because of her upbringing she can be easy to sway and a little light-headed when it comes to her own personal opinion.

I think that their religion allows them to be whoever they want to be, public opinion would have you believe them to be peaceful and understanding, I've never met one so I wouldn't know at all.

Yes, it can give faith and let people maybe even live for something. The idea of an afterlife is enough motivation for anyone to die peacefully or be worry-free when it comes to thinking about death.

dogboy123
14-04-2010, 09:31 PM
1) What is your gender? Male

2) How old are you? 13

3) If any, what religion do you follow? Athiest

- BBC 1

- Sitcom

6) Do you or have you watched any programmes that focus on relgion? If so please specify which (one or two examples will do). /

7) Would you be interested in gaining an insight into another religion and what it has to offer? I would like to know more about other religions yes. But not look into joining a new religion

8) Do you know anything about the Buddhist religion? If yes please specify (only vaguely) what it is you know. Cant remember :(

9) Would you be interested in a documentary focusing on Buddhism and people within the religion? If yes please specify why. Yes, because I would like to get to know more about the religion, and learn how they go about praying etc

10) Do you believe religion affects the way people act socially? Please explain your answer. Yes it does, some religions have rules that they must follow and that changes how people act socially.

peaceful

12) Do you believe joining a religion can change a person? If yes, why do you think so? Yes, for some people it brings them out of a hard time and completely changes how they act and see the world

buttons
14-04-2010, 09:31 PM
1) What is your gender? female

2) How old are you? 17

3) If any, what religion do you follow? i am catholic

Channel 4

- Documentary

jesus camp - some american kids practically brainwashed at a summer camp.

no.

no.. just they don't believed god created the world nor looks over it o.o

yeah sure just cause i don't actually know anything bout it

yeah, seen good and bad cases. like the brainwashing of those american kids, yet good ones (although some may disagree) where people like to forgive and forget and want peace n all that

peaceful

i have personally seen people 'change' over it, however i think they just persume being religious is the easy way out of whatever has happened in the past and i don't think it should work like that..

Jordy
14-04-2010, 09:32 PM
1) What is your gender? Male

2) How old are you? 16

3) If any, what religion do you follow? None (Agnostic)

- BBC 1
- BBC 2
- BBC 3
- Channel 4
- ITV
- Five

BBC 2

- Documentary
- Soap
- Sitcom
- Magazine (GMTV, etc)

Sitcom

Around the world in 80 faiths

Not really

Very peaceful and quite different to other religions. Quite relaxed and has it's routes in Burma, China and Tibet I believe? Popular throughout parts of Asia with the famous Buddha statues.

Not really :(

I would like to think so yeah. I have always thought that religion makes people "better" although there's little evidence to support this, I think it can be a force of good for some people.

Very peaceful and calm people. Not your average joe.

I think it has that sort of power yes, I don't think it can change everyone but I believe it gives people faith which is very important whether religions are true or not. It can also make people more generous and charitable which is surely a good thing.

AlexOC
14-04-2010, 09:34 PM
1) What is your gender?

Male

2) How old are you?

3) If any, what religion do you follow? Christian, but don't follow religion whatsoever

- BBC 1
- BBC 2
- BBC 3
- Channel 4
- ITV
- Five

BBC 3

- Documentary
- Soap
- Sitcom
- Magazine (GMTV, etc)

Sitcom

6) Do you or have you watched any programmes that focus on relgion? If so please specify which (one or two examples will do). Nope.

Yes, i have always been interested in other religions, going to India on holiday was a huge eye opener for me and offered a huge insight on peoples way of lives that were so different to mine.

Nothing :(

I would only be interested in the contrast aspect, on how Buddhism is different to my religion. This i would find interesting.
10) Do you believe religion affects the way people act socially? Please explain your answer. Obviously, religions that don't allow or stricken smoking, drinking and sex would definately make a person less out going.

I would imagine people who are Buddhists to be peaceful understanding, caring, polite and so on. Not angry or arrogant!

I think it can alter someone hugely. Their way of living, behviour, pretty much everything about their life.

It was like anwsering an R.E worksheet lmao! I'm so rubbish at RE aswell :(

brandon
14-04-2010, 09:35 PM
1) What is your gender?
Male

2) How old are you?

Atheist

- BBC 1
- BBC 2
- BBC 3
- Channel 4
- ITV
- Five
BBC 1

- Documentary
- Soap
- Sitcom
- Magazine (GMTV, etc)
Sitcom

Yeah in Religious Education but I don't know what they were called sorry. Other than that not that I can remember.

No

I know that Buddha is a little chubby

No

Yes because religon brings certain restrictions on what you can do

I would guess peaceful because I look at Buddha and he looks very calm and relaxed.

Similar to question 10, it brings certain restrictions to what you can or can't do so it definitely would change someone. Probably for the better. I think it could change a person's attitude to life as well.

Recursion
14-04-2010, 09:39 PM
1) What is your gender?
Male

2) How old are you?

Christianity

* - BBC 1 *
- BBC 2
- BBC 3
- Channel 4
- ITV
- Five

- Documentary
- Soap
* - Sitcom *
- Magazine (GMTV, etc)

Nope, not that I can remember.

Sure, if it was one that captured my interest.

I know it is largely based on the teachings of Buddha.

I don't think so, Buddhism doesn't seem to really capture my interest (no offense to anyone).

Yes, Different religions, in themselves, can determine how people act to keep in line of following them, but also I think that some people tend to stick around people of their own religion (when they are very strong followers of the particular faith)

I only know one or two, but I generally find them to be very peaceful and understanding.

Yes, people can gain information and an insight into life, through this they can then make different decisions in their life, thereby changing a person.

Inseriousity.
14-04-2010, 09:41 PM
1) What is your gender?
Male

2) How old are you?

I'm not officially any religion but I've been raised in Catholic schools so my morals tend to be similar to Catholic, I suppose.

- BBC 1

Soap

Not in my free time, no. In school, I've watched 'The Miracles of Jesus' (BBC1) and 'Godless Society' (Channel 4) but don't know if that'd count or not.

Yes, I'd love expanding my knowledge further.

- Buddha
- Aim: Enlightenment
- Buddha had a religious experience - this started it off.

No because I'm just too busy!

Yes, religious people (in general) tend to be nicer although in a way they also stay firmly in their own groups and this can affect how they interact with the 'outsiders'

Hehe generalisation of Buddhism is probably the HUMMMMMMMMMMMM meditation :P

Yes, for better or worse? Well that really depends on the person not the religion but faith/religion has a massive influence on people's lives as it's such a grand gesture. To suddenly have a God-like figure in your life is not going to keep you the same as someone who doesn't believe. Not a huge difference, atheists can still be moral people too but religious people are more likely to be as they have a higher being 'governing' them.

Rozi
14-04-2010, 09:43 PM
1) What is your gender?
Female

2) How old are you?

None.

Channel 4

Documentary

6) Do you or have you watched any programmes that focus on religion? If so please specify which (one or two examples will do).
A few over the years, recently one about a cult (http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-end-of-the-world-cult) and this one. (http://www.channel4.com/programmes/make-me-a-christian)

Yeah, it's always interesting to see how other people view issues.

Oh god I don't really remember much of what I did use to know. Nirvana is like the ultimate level of kinda spiritualness they can reach I think, where they've reached total content. Once they've reached nirvana they don't have to be reborn again I think.

Yeah, blatantly I know very little about it and more knowledge is always good.

Yes. If they follow their religion's teachings closely then this can only affect them in ways that are different to the social norms nowadays. Of course they'll be people who are religious, or at least believe in some religious teachings, but then don't choose to follow all the religious teachings.

Peaceful and generally hard working.

Yes most definately, it could completely change their personality and outlook on life. Not only does their beliefs change but the way the run their life.

Tash.
14-04-2010, 09:51 PM
1) What is your gender?
Female

2) How old are you?

None - athiest

- BBC 1
- BBC 2
- BBC 3
- Channel 4
- ITV
- Five

- Documentary
- Soap
- Sitcom
- Magazine (GMTV, etc)

Not very recently, i've watched several Dispatches programs on Channel 4 and countless in school, but these were old then and i've not been in school for some years!

Yes

Nothing in much detail. Mainly just generalisations about the faith and the people who follow it.

I'm always interested to learn about other religions and cultures so yes.

Yes I think so. Religion often impacts on a persons daily routine and obviously their relgion can impact on their morals and how they view the world.

Largely peaceful people, I guess one of the generalisations would be about them meditating, although I don't know if this is a true generalisation or not.

Yes definitely. As I said above, religious people often have a different view of the world to those who have a differing opinion to them. Their morals and the way they conduct themselves often in turn follows this

Tintinnabulate
14-04-2010, 09:53 PM
1) What is your gender?
Male

2) How old are you?

Hindu

- BBC 1

Soaps - well mainly 24, Lost, Heroes, House, Flashforward, The Unit type shows.

Yes but can't remember their names.

Sure but I very much doubt it would change my views.

They are very spritual. Its very hard for me to describe.

Sure. I like documentaries so why not.

Ofcourse. Some people believe if they behave badly, they will go to hell etc.

Not known anyone who is one so it would be unfair of me to say as it would merely be a random guess.

Yes as it can affect your beliefs.

Misawa
14-04-2010, 09:59 PM
1) What is your gender?
Male.

2) How old are you?

None.

- ITV

- Documentary

No.

No.

Obsessive moral conduct...

9) Would you be interested in a documentary focusing on Buddhism and people within the religion? No.

Nutjobs will blow themselves up and declare war on other countries, races and religions, people will wear ridiculous clothing in public...

11) How do you perceive people who practice the Buddhist faith to be? Overly-restricted but peaceful.

Yes. It will change the person into pieces if they follow fundamentalism and decided to self-detonate beside a crowd of 200 people. It can also bring peace, but overobsessive nature and belief in what doesn't exist. Religion is too dangerous.

Neversoft
14-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Wow, thanks a lot guys. :) I've repped up to Inseriousity (except brandon since I have to spread) but I have to wait 24 hours until it'll let me rep again, so I'll rep everyone else that hasn't already received it tomorrow.

danzooo
14-04-2010, 10:05 PM
1) What is your gender?
Male

2) How old are you? 17

3) If any, what religion do you follow? None

4) What television channel do you watch most out of the list below? - Channel 4

5) What type of programme do you watch the most out of the list below? - Sitcom

6) Do you or have you watched any programmes that focus on relgion? If so please specify which (one or two examples will do). None that I can remember so far.

7) Would you be interested in gaining an insight into another religion and what it has to offer? I'd be interested to see what following a religion brings, does it really make people better people, does it make people see things differently etc.

8) Do you know anything about the Buddhist religion? If yes please specify (only vaguely) what it is you know. Not alot being truthfully honest, their god is Buddha.

9) Would you be interested in a documentary focusing on Buddhism and people within the religion? If yes please specify why. I'd watch it, yeah.

10) Do you believe religion affects the way people act socially? Please explain your answer. Some people do I believe, but many people I know who are religious are just like anyone else socially.

I've never met anyone who is Buddhist, so I couldn't say.

I believe it can, I believe the various teachings religions can offer can make people aware of certain things, and make people see things in a different light. I also believe that it can influence their beliefs and change their actions accordingly.

jackass
14-04-2010, 10:05 PM
1) What is your gender?
Male

2) How old are you?
;)

Christianity

- BBC 3

- Sitcom

Nah not really, maybe the odd documentary.

Not really, but i'm open-minded.

Not really, no.

Nah.

Yes. Many wars are (were) based on religion.

Peaceful i'd say!

Yes, and for obvious reasons.

Jxhn
14-04-2010, 10:17 PM
1) What is your gender?
Male

2) How old are you?

Athiest

Channel 4

Sitcom

No

No

They have no god, search for inner peace

No

Yes, eg muslims cant drink

peaceful

yes changes the way they act, eg steven baldwin

xzl.
14-04-2010, 10:27 PM
1) What is your gender?
Male

2) How old are you?

None

- BBC 1
- BBC 2
- BBC 3
- Channel 4
- ITV
- Five

- Documentary
- Soap
- Sitcom
- Magazine (GMTV, etc)

Not usually, ive watched the odd documentary on multi-cultural Britain but thats about it

Buddhism has always interested me as a religion, but other than that other religions do not appear as appealing to me.

Vaguely I find the idea of Karma and inner peace to be very interesting and over all a very interesting aspect of looking at life

Yes it would interest me due to I would like to find out more about this religion

Yes I do, religion has a massive impact in today's society in my opinion, it changes the way people act throughout their entire lives and through choice it will of course make social situations be very different for each religion and culture involved.

Practice's of the Buddhist faith to me seem very logical and way to express yourself through peace and meditation

Only if a person has a very strong reason to become part of a religion and that they truly believe in the idea's and theory's put forward by such religion do I believe they can change themselves as a person

Black_Apalachi
15-04-2010, 09:17 AM
1) What is your gender?
Male

2) How old are you?

None. If you made me choose one though, it would be Dudeism :L

Hard to say, maybe BBC1.

Documentary

I will have done, but can't think of any sorry.

I used to be before I decided to be Atheist but not really interested any more.

As far as I know followers of the Buddhist religion are highly moral, friendly and not violent.

Again, before being Atheist I might have been.

It has to really. There are so many different religions with countless different rules and guidances that people live their lives by. They without a doubt have an effect on people's every day behaviour in various different situations.

Peaceful and easy going.

Yes. It might open their eyes as it where, to how that particular religion understands the world. Even as an atheist I'd say this could often be a good thing depending on who/what/where etc.

Blinger1
15-04-2010, 09:48 AM
1) What is your gender?
MALE

2) How old are you?
NINETEEN

USED TO BE CATHOLIC

- BBC 1
- BBC 2
- BBC 3
- Channel 4
- ITV
- Five
None, being australian (obviously).. The BBC channel we get here is a generalised one i think

- Documentary
- Soap
- Sitcom
- Magazine (GMTV, etc)
Uhh, documentary?

NEGATIVE

NoT REALLY INTO RELIGION TBH

YES! They have a fat god :S

HMM, not really tbh. I've visited waaay to many Buddhist temples before

It depends on the person. If they are totally into religion, yes. For example my granny LOVES religion, goes to church once a day and yeh... (sorry, i forgot what i was saying)

I would say peaceful :S?

Its all in your mind tbh, if you want to change, you can.

Sentrax
15-04-2010, 10:35 AM
1) What is your gender?
Male

2) How old are you?

I'm a Christian

BBC 1

Documentary

6) Do you or have you watched any programmes that focus on relgion?
DVDs that I've bought, but not on TV

Yeah, Buddhism because it's interesting. But nothing else.

8) Do you know anything about the Buddhist religion?
I know they follow what Buddha believed, that living a good, peaceful life will earn you reincarnation as something higher in the circle of life. The balance of nature and all that, and they have a strict diet and routine.

9) Would you be interested in a documentary focusing on Buddhism and people within the religion?
Like I said, I find Buddhism interesting.

Yes, becoming a Christian changed my outlook on everything. It gives me purpose and meaning and makes me see people as God wants them to be, not how they act.

11) How do you perceive people who practice the Buddhist faith to be?
Peaceful people, but disillusioned.

Yes, we only have one life on Earth, so discovering that you were actually created for a reason has a huge effect on the way a person lives their life.

Ryan x

Neversoft
15-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Okay, that should be enough I think. I'll rep everyone when it allows me. Thanks a lot guys. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!