HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default FILL OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE FOR REP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So basically my friend has been assigned the job of surveying people on religion and whether they would be interested in a documentary about a particular religion. He has asked me to help out, so if you would be so kind could you fill out the questionnaire below. It looks a little long but should take no more than five minutes. I offer my greatest thanks and some reputation to whoever fills out the questionnaire. Please answer truthfully and be as detailed as you can.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

1) What is your gender?
    Male

2) How old are you?

3) If any, what religion do you follow?
    Agnostic

4) What television channel do you watch most out of the list below?
    - Channel 4

5) What type of programme do you watch the most out of the list below?
    - Documentary

6) Do you or have you watched any programmes that focus on relgion? If so please specify which (one or two examples will do).

I usually try to, helps with my A level although I can't remember the names of any recent ones.

7) Would you be interested in gaining an insight into another religion and what it has to offer?

Very.

8) Do you know anything about the Buddhist religion? If yes please specify (only vaguely) what it is you know.

I know that Buddhism focuses more around the life than God, I'm not really in a thinking mood to remember atm though!

9) Would you be interested in a documentary focusing on Buddhism and people within the religion? If yes please specify why.

Yes, because I find all religion interesting and find further insights into them fascinating.

10) Do you believe religion affects the way people act socially? Please explain your answer.

It depends on how much you believe and how much you participate within the religion, obviously devout Muslims pray 5 times a day no matter where they are. However some people, like some of my friends are religious but this doesn't really affect the way they act socially as they don't follow the values to the tee.

11) How do you perceive people who practice the Buddhist faith to be? (EG - peaceful, understanding, angry, arrogant, etc)

Peaceful, although there are Buddhist fundamentalists.

12) Do you believe joining a religion can change a person? If yes, why do you think so?

Yes, it gives them a whole new outlook on life and can change how a person acts, thinks, everything.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

+1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

1) What is your gender?
    male

2) How old are you?

christian

- BBC 1
    - BBC 2
    - BBC 3
    - Channel 4
    - ITV
    - Five

probably channel 4

- Documentary
    - Soap
    - Sitcom
    - Magazine (GMTV, etc)

erm sitcom

6) Do you or have you watched any programmes that focus on relgion? If so please specify which (one or two examples will do).
    i've watched documentaries on numerous religions like islam and christianity.

7) Would you be interested in gaining an insight into another religion and what it has to offer?
    no

8) Do you know anything about the Buddhist religion? If yes please specify (only vaguely) what it is you know.
    they believe in karma

9) Would you be interested in a documentary focusing on Buddhism and people within the religion? If yes please specify why.
    no

10) Do you believe religion affects the way people act socially? Please explain your answer.
    yes, because their beliefs impact on how they act. strict rules regarding their religion can dictate what they do such as not being allowed to drink, no sex before marriage etc. etc.

11) How do you perceive people who practice the Buddhist faith to be? (EG - peaceful, understanding, angry, arrogant, etc)
    probably peaceful.

12) Do you believe joining a religion can change a person? If yes, why do you think so?
    yeah i do believe joining a religion can change a person because they try to encompass beliefs and values which they believe will make them generally a better person which will lead to a promising after-life.
    +1

Tokens

Here is mine.

+1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

1) What is your gender?

Male

2) How old are you?

Agnostic, but I lean towards Protestant Christian

Hard to say, probably Channel 4

A tie between Documentary and Sitcom

Yes but they were age-old Channel 4 documentaries that I can't remember.

I'm not sure yet, I'm agnostic so I'm sitting on the fence for now.

Yes, I do know they believe in a circle of birth, somewhat similar to reincarnation.

Yes, I find anything about History/Religion/[insert 'apparently' boring topic].

Yes, I think that for the most part, people won't let religion interfere with their lives but sometimes it changes them. My friend is a Catholic and is only against Abortion only because of her step-father, because of her upbringing she can be easy to sway and a little light-headed when it comes to her own personal opinion.

I think that their religion allows them to be whoever they want to be, public opinion would have you believe them to be peaceful and understanding, I've never met one so I wouldn't know at all.

Yes, it can give faith and let people maybe even live for something. The idea of an afterlife is enough motivation for anyone to die peacefully or be worry-free when it comes to thinking about death.
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

1) What is your gender? Male

2) How old are you? 13

3) If any, what religion do you follow? Athiest

- BBC 1

- Sitcom

6) Do you or have you watched any programmes that focus on relgion? If so please specify which (one or two examples will do). /

7) Would you be interested in gaining an insight into another religion and what it has to offer? I would like to know more about other religions yes. But not look into joining a new religion

8) Do you know anything about the Buddhist religion? If yes please specify (only vaguely) what it is you know. Cant remember

9) Would you be interested in a documentary focusing on Buddhism and people within the religion? If yes please specify why. Yes, because I would like to get to know more about the religion, and learn how they go about praying etc

10) Do you believe religion affects the way people act socially? Please explain your answer. Yes it does, some religions have rules that they must follow and that changes how people act socially.

peaceful

12) Do you believe joining a religion can change a person? If yes, why do you think so? Yes, for some people it brings them out of a hard time and completely changes how they act and see the world
    +1

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

1) What is your gender? female

2) How old are you? 17

3) If any, what religion do you follow? i am catholic

Channel 4

- Documentary

jesus camp - some american kids practically brainwashed at a summer camp.

no.

no.. just they don't believed god created the world nor looks over it o.o

yeah sure just cause i don't actually know anything bout it

yeah, seen good and bad cases. like the brainwashing of those american kids, yet good ones (although some may disagree) where people like to forgive and forget and want peace n all that

peaceful

i have personally seen people 'change' over it, however i think they just persume being religious is the easy way out of whatever has happened in the past and i don't think it should work like that..

pigged 25/08/2019

+1

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

1) What is your gender? Male

2) How old are you? 16

3) If any, what religion do you follow? None (Agnostic)

- BBC 1
    - BBC 2
    - BBC 3
    - Channel 4
    - ITV
    - Five

BBC 2

- Documentary
    - Soap
    - Sitcom
    - Magazine (GMTV, etc)

Sitcom

Around the world in 80 faiths

Not really

Very peaceful and quite different to other religions. Quite relaxed and has it's routes in Burma, China and Tibet I believe? Popular throughout parts of Asia with the famous Buddha statues.

Not really

I would like to think so yeah. I have always thought that religion makes people "better" although there's little evidence to support this, I think it can be a force of good for some people.

Very peaceful and calm people. Not your average joe.

I think it has that sort of power yes, I don't think it can change everyone but I believe it gives people faith which is very important whether religions are true or not. It can also make people more generous and charitable which is surely a good thing.
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It was like anwsering an R.E worksheet lmao! I'm so rubbish at RE aswell
    Last edited by AlexOC; 14-04-2010 at 09:36 PM.
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

1) What is your gender?
    Male

2) How old are you?

Atheist

- BBC 1
    - BBC 2
    - BBC 3
    - Channel 4
    - ITV
    - Five
    BBC 1

- Documentary
    - Soap
    - Sitcom
    - Magazine (GMTV, etc)
    Sitcom

Yeah in Religious Education but I don't know what they were called sorry. Other than that not that I can remember.

No

I know that Buddha is a little chubby

No

Yes because religon brings certain restrictions on what you can do

I would guess peaceful because I look at Buddha and he looks very calm and relaxed.

Similar to question 10, it brings certain restrictions to what you can or can't do so it definitely would change someone. Probably for the better. I think it could change a person's attitude to life as well.
    Last edited by brandon; 14-04-2010 at 09:37 PM.
    +1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast