PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] Habbox Pharmacy, Second alt ever ! :D

Drewar
11-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Hey guys, I know this shouldn't of taken an hour like it took me, but it really took a long time to add the detail to the roof etc, I really like how it turned out, and to be honest I'm not quite sure if you'll like it, and honestly I don't care :p

If I get just 1 8.5/10 or higher, I'll be proud :D

Please rate out of 10 and give C&C :D

Dentafrice1
11-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Very good 9/10 for your secound Ever :D

chilloutrich
11-08-2005, 09:51 PM
tis good 9/10

Drewar
11-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Yay now I'm proud :D

Dentafrice1
11-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Good Habbox Staff need to be proud or they have to go into your little building :p

AndieJohanny
11-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Great job! You've improved since the cube ;) The red cross looks a bit off, as in the sides don't look the same length all the way around (do you get what I mean?). Also the X in Habbox isn't isometric like all the other letters, it should be slightly slanted to match the angle of the sign. The lines on the roof shouldn't all be going in the same direction because the two sides of the roof are differen't angles... The lines should meet up more like in a V. One more thing that's not wrong or anything, it just bugs me, is that the door handles are right in the middle of the door :s I hope that helps, hopefully you understood it all :D

Dentafrice1
11-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Lol Very Confusing :p

Roboevil
11-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Hmm, rather strange, shaped more like a church, the cross is strange too, looks more like the St. George flag.

Drewar
11-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Great job! You've improved since the cube The red cross looks a bit off, as in the sides don't look the same length all the way around (do you get what I mean?). Also the X in Habbox isn't isometric like all the other letters, it should be slightly slanted to match the angle of the sign. The lines on the roof shouldn't all be going in the same direction because the two sides of the roof are differen't angles... The lines should meet up more like in a V. One more thing that's not wrong or anything, it just bugs me, is that the door handles are right in the middle of the door I hope that helps, hopefully you understood it all

Thanks, well, I think I'm supposed to be thanking you, because I know somewhere in that hunk of critizism there is a compliment :D

Now, let's get down to business :p

Your Comments

Flag - I know it looks really dodgey, but I'm not sure how, maybe if you could lead me in the right direction I can edit it to your liking :D

Roof - I know what you mean, I was trying to make it work, got any idea how, like, besides making it more 'V-y' cause I don't really understand :s
Edit: I think I understand now... you mean, everything on the side of the door, has to be isometric in like, an 'up' way, and on the flag side, it has to be like, isometric, but like, 'up'y like... from going left to right, it would be like going down stairs right?

Door - I know what you mean, I was trying to do it like this

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/5573/doors6tg.png

But I kind of messed it up somehow :p I'll try fixing it!

Hmm, rather strange, shaped more like a church, the cross is strange too, looks more like the St. George flag.

I wasn't really aiming to impress you, because your generally , emm... sarcastic? Anyway, I get what you mean, I originally wanted it to be a church, but then I had no idea how to do like a bell inside of the steeple so I took the easy way out, by trying to make the 'object' on the side of it to be like a stain glass window, then I thought, there is know way in hell I'll be able to make it look good, so again, I just turned it into a Hospital sign thing :p

Thanks for the critizism anway, even if it was very 'Roboevil-y'

Roboevil
11-08-2005, 10:41 PM
I wasn't really aiming to impress you, because your generally , emm... sarcastic? Anyway, I get what you mean, I originally wanted it to be a church, but then I had no idea how to do like a bell inside of the steeple so I took the easy way out, by trying to make the 'object' on the side of it to be like a stain glass window, then I thought, there is know way in hell I'll be able to make it look good, so again, I just turned it into a Hospital sign thing :p

Thanks for the critizism anway, even if it was very 'Roboevil-y'

Humm, I think people take my saddistic sarcasm to personal and serious, I would try to tell you how fantastic you could make this alt if I cared, it illudes me why people find such petty things ammusing, but everyone's themselves to whatever...
To interpret my post.. Your 'cross' shouldn't really be there as it isn't what hospitals have, also, I don't know if you realised, but you said it was a pharmacy.. which has a pestle and mortar, at least the one in England does. Maybe you should turn it back into a church... :s.
It takes waaaay too much to impress me, Soyers hardly does it, i'm too much of a perfectionist, I hate most of my work after i've made it, I think Corbyn is one of the only person that has momentarily impressed me, i'm not saying every other pixel artist is rubbish, it's just my preferences.
I really don't know why i'm saying all this, it's your second alt, you have so much to learn about pixel art.

AndieJohanny
11-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Thanks, well, I think I'm supposed to be thanking you, because I know somewhere in that hunk of critizism there is a compliment :D

Now, let's get down to business :p

Your Comments

Flag - I know it looks really dodgey, but I'm not sure how, maybe if you could lead me in the right direction I can edit it to your liking :D

An easier way to say what I mean is, the four white squares that the cross forms should be the same size.

Roof - I know what you mean, I was trying to make it work, got any idea how, like, besides making it more 'V-y' cause I don't really understand :s
Edit: I think I understand now... you mean, everything on the side of the door, has to be isometric in like, an 'up' way, and on the flag side, it has to be like, isometric, but like, 'up'y like... from going left to right, it would be like going down stairs right?

I think you get what I mean, yes. Here hold on ill show you

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/AndieJohanny/6c0691a4.jpg

The tiles should be going in the same direction as the line where the roof meets the building. The red lines are parallel to that line, so the tiles should be going in that direction. Or at least not all in the same direction.

Sorry if it's still confusing :(

Drewar
11-08-2005, 10:47 PM
An easier way to say what I mean is, the four white squares that the cross forms should be the same size.

I think you get what I mean, yes. Here hold on ill show you

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/AndieJohanny/6c0691a4.jpg

The tiles should be going in the same direction as the line where the roof meets the building. The red lines are parallel to that line, so the tiles should be going in that direction. Or at least not all in the same direction.

Sorry if it's still confusing :(
To AndieJohanny:
Yes I understand now, thanks so much for helping :D I will using the roof for a church, I'll be editing it though so that it is umm, good?

To Roboevil:
Yeah, umm okay? I know what you mean lol, I just arg it didn't look hospital-y so I made it a pharmacy because Pharmacies are more like buildings than a omg you have me wordless, just thanks for the comments and I'm a perfectioniste in real life, which is why it kills me so much that I'm horrible at pixel art, but, I have to practice and post these things or I'd never get better right? Like, I could practice without posting, but I wouldn't pick up on the things like the Roof is wrong because I'm such a noob at Pixel Work :p

I think I'm going to try making a seperate Church and Hospital, then, I'll try a pharmacy :p I should have stuck to doing my cube -runs into the corner to start drawing pyramids and cubes :p-

Adam$
11-08-2005, 10:49 PM
It's a good alt, it just could be bigger.

Alt: 9/10
Size: 5/10

Good work, rep.

AndieJohanny
11-08-2005, 10:50 PM
I think I'm going to try making a seperate Church and Hospital, then, I'll try a pharmacy :p I should have stuck to doing my cube -runs into the corner to start drawing pyramids and cubes :p-

:o Ahh! Not more cubes!! :P

Roboevil
11-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Just to add, why do you put my name as 'RoboEvil?' It's Roboevil...

Drewar
11-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Just to add, why do you put my name as 'RoboEvil?' It's Roboevil...
Arg perfectionist :p Because I quoted manually instead of hitting 'quote' button and technically it should be 'RoboEvil' to divide the words a bit?

Roboevil
11-08-2005, 11:01 PM
Arg perfectionist :p Because I quoted manually instead of hitting 'quote' button and technically it should be 'RoboEvil' to divide the words a bit?
Not really, it's because I conjoined two words, I made it up anyway so I win :)!!

AndieJohanny
11-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Not really, it's because I conjoined two words, I made it up anyway so I win :)!!

If you joined two words then you should have a hyphen :p

Drewar
11-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Go Andie! It's your birthday! I'll try making a cake on paint so :
1) You'll get your birthday cake
2) You can critisize it :D (That would be the present) xD

AndieJohanny
11-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Go Andie! It's your birthday! I'll try making a cake on paint so :
1) You'll get your birthday cake
2) You can critisize it :D (That would be the present) xD

Rofl Alright I'll be waiting for that cake then :D

Dentafrice1
12-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Lol its good Needs a tad bit more work :D Make habbox studios :p

Roboevil
12-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Like AndieJohanny?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!