PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Notification

David
09-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Is there no notification system for when you receive +/-rep ?
If there is it doesn't work for me,
If there's not, it would be a nice addition in my opinion :P

GommeInc
10-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Is there no notification system for when you receive +/-rep ?
If there is it doesn't work for me,
If there's not, it would be a nice addition in my opinion :P
There isn't one :) However, I don't really see the reason for having one - it's not too difficult to click "User CP" to find all your rep, warnings and quotes in one place :)

dirrty
10-06-2011, 12:38 AM
quote notifications are pretty useful as it saves time having to go back to the thread to see if someone has replied to what you said. whereas with a possible rep notification, it doesn't help stimulate/maintain discussion or anything evidently - so checking usercp is fine as is tbf.

David
10-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Well opinions vary, it would be useful to some, if not most.
It's the same concept as the notifications for quotes, coming with the ability to disable them if one see's them pointless..

HotelUser
10-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Regardless of the outcome this is a very good suggestion, I am interested in what everyone else has to say about this.

Casanova
10-06-2011, 12:52 AM
i wouldn't mind it. It seems like a good idea but I can live without it.

Inseriousity.
10-06-2011, 12:54 AM
I agree with dirrrrrrty. As there's a constant record of who's repped you already, checking the user cp every month or so means you're not going to miss anything. And if by some miracle you get repped a whole page in a month (does anyone get this?), you can now see all of your rep so you can go to page 2!

Mr-Trainor
10-06-2011, 10:22 AM
I requested this before and was told that it wasn't possible :P. I'll find the thread. Everyone seemed to support the idea, however. Including my suggestion of a way to turn it off in the UserCP (like the quotes notification).

Edit:
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=668843&p=6759549#post6759549
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=668843&p=6759633#post6759633

Mathew
10-06-2011, 10:35 AM
I think this would be a good idea. Even though I check my User CP pretty much constantly, I do like being notified about things and (if possible), I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be implemented if people have the option to turn it off.

If anything, it would encourage people to use the rep system because they'd be told about it through PM.

buttons
10-06-2011, 01:45 PM
**** me PLEASE NO MORE PMS, NO MORE NOTIFICATIONS they are doing my head in. you can already see in your usercp plus under your posts, that's enough. I don't even like this quote thing clogging up my user cp, too many things being added when there has never been a problem before
and yes inseriousity I've had a whole page of rep in less than a month multiple times and whole pages in less than 2 weeks :p

Kyle
10-06-2011, 01:49 PM
do not want

also sorry to hijack your thread but can somebody sort out the Who Quoted Me and enable a button to minimize it like we have for infractions and rep.

scott
10-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm a bit worried that we will start adding too much to the usercp. Unless we can get something that lets you customize whether you can get it or not then I don't think it would be good to introduce it. I think it would be good to be able to move things around in your usercp and select what shows and what not.

I don't want PMs to be sent when you get a new reputation comment maybe something like the bar you get at the top when you get a new visitor message like "Since you last logged in you have received xxx amount of reputation comments" and have a link to your usercp?

@above I'll make sure it's added for Sunday

David
10-06-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm sure I read they're working on that, Kyle.

& I like that idea sct :o

Mr-Trainor
10-06-2011, 01:55 PM
maybe something like the bar you get at the top when you get a new visitor message like "Since you last logged in you have received xxx amount of reputation comments" and have a link to your usercp?

Look at the links I posted :P. That's basically what I suggested but was told it wasn't possible because of how new rep is counted, or something.

scott
10-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Look at the links I posted :P. That's basically what I suggested but was told it wasn't possible because of how new rep is counted, or something.

Oh! Maybe David will know any way to do it I will talk to him and see what he thinks/knows. I really don't think I'd want it to PM people though unless it was reallyyyy wanted.

Mr-Trainor
10-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Oh! Maybe David will know any way to do it I will talk to him and see what he thinks/knows. I really don't think I'd want it to PM people though unless it was reallyyyy wanted.

Oh, I definitely don't think PM would be great, it would be quicker to click your UserCP than to open up a PM.

Red
10-06-2011, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't want this since I check my ucer cp a lot anyway.
p.s I agree, minimise button on quoted posts is needed.

Mathew
10-06-2011, 02:41 PM
On a rather unrelated note, I remember early last year that management were moaning left, right and centre about adding new things. Apparently there was too many queries running per page and it was the end of the world if something as little as an additional subforum was added - can the server handle it now or what...?

Cosmic
10-06-2011, 02:43 PM
I don't think I'd use this feature. I'm more than happy to check my usercp now and again without being notified about things.

Chris
10-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Its a nice idea but is it really needed? I think we can live without it.

xxMATTGxx
10-06-2011, 03:32 PM
I personally feel that we are going a bit notification crazy. I can understand the quoted post one and the others but for reputation, is it really needed? You can just go to the User CP and on that page you will see who you received reputation from with ease. These notifications are just going to clog up and annoy some users, but I shall see what David can come up with and see if it's even possible beforehand.

AgnesIO
10-06-2011, 05:41 PM
I personally feel that we are going a bit notification crazy. I can understand the quoted post one and the others but for reputation, is it really needed? You can just go to the User CP and on that page you will see who you received reputation from with ease. These notifications are just going to clog up and annoy some users, but I shall see what David can come up with and see if it's even possible beforehand.

I agree here to be honest. It really isn't difficult to check your reputation and I do not want a bloody notification to check something so easily checked.

Just my two cents.

Richie
10-06-2011, 06:01 PM
It's a good idea but my inbox is turning into spam central as it is plus it's nicer to go onto your reputation page now and then and notice the odd rep, I wouldn't really like to see them all the time. I think the inbox feature is getting a little OTT anyone can just click on the rep page if they really want to see if they have been rep'd that day.

Sharon
10-06-2011, 06:54 PM
lol what how is this an idea... just click ONE BUTTON and you can see this already :|

i love the idea on when you've been quoted and it can't be compared as a lot of the time when i look back at my quotes before this came into place i never realised people have quoted and replied to me.

Jay.
10-06-2011, 07:08 PM
THERES NO USER CP ON MY THEME

scott
10-06-2011, 07:09 PM
THERES NO USER CP ON MY THEME

Which theme? :S

HotelUser
10-06-2011, 07:10 PM

It's certainly possible and I'm unsure why Jamesy said otherwise last year. Though based on what everyone says I don't think these's much of a demand for this feature :P

Jay.
10-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Non Habbo Dark I found it but it's hidden at the very top :(

Catzsy
11-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Don't see the point, really. Agree all you have to do is to check your user CP.

Recursion
11-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Honestly, do you get repped enough to want to check it everyday? Check it once a week and have done with it! :P

e5
14-06-2011, 12:21 AM
I'd like a small place that would just say "you have received reputation"

Tom
14-06-2011, 06:58 AM
As to what Mathew said, can the server now hold all the queries running on one page, at one time? If I'm honest I wouldn't like it to send a PM or anything because we only have a 200 storage limit? This will just make it run out even quicker! I wouldn't mind it if our message storage was increased. But I do think it wouldn't be such a major update.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!