PDA

View Full Version : G.O.W 3

Lamz
22-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Has anybody got Gears Of War 3 yet? If so... is it good?

How good is it
Ratings out of 5
How is it different to 1 & 2
Story Line (without giving too much away)
What are the weapons like? (Faster/Slower & any changes)

Looking to get this is a few weeks but kinda want an insight 1st so yeah...

samsaBEAR
22-09-2011, 11:58 AM
I've just started Act 2 (out of 5) and the story so far is standard Gears plot, but I can forsee it getting a lot better quite soon. Multiplayer is a thousand times better than Gears 2, dedicated servers have really helped it to be a lot more fun. I think it's brilliant, it would almost be perfect, but there are a few bugs, like NPCs getting in the way of your objectives and such

Lamz
22-09-2011, 01:10 PM
I've just started Act 2 (out of 5) and the story so far is standard Gears plot, but I can forsee it getting a lot better quite soon. Multiplayer is a thousand times better than Gears 2, dedicated servers have really helped it to be a lot more fun. I think it's brilliant, it would almost be perfect, but there are a few bugs, like NPCs getting in the way of your objectives and such

thanks, really helps a lot... Have the graphics improved??? like with GOW 1&2 the sandbags & brick work look too smooth... also is the shotgun faster & what are the maps like?

samsaBEAR
22-09-2011, 06:15 PM
thanks, really helps a lot... Have the graphics improved??? like with GOW 1&2 the sandbags & brick work look too smooth... also is the shotgun faster & what are the maps like?
The whole game looks a lot better, it still keeps the Gears-palette of colours, i.e they're all various shades of brown and grey, but the textures are a lot better. The normal shotgun is exactly the same, the Sawn Off is awesome and the maps are a bit smaller than Gears 2 maps, but they definitely work well

beth
22-09-2011, 06:22 PM
have only really played horde/team deathmatch so far. gonna have a go at the campaign later. i really like it. i dunno if it's just me, but character movement feels slower. idk why. but it's all so much cleaner, and it looks amazing in HD.

Lamz
22-09-2011, 06:23 PM
The whole game looks a lot better, it still keeps the Gears-palette of colours, i.e they're all various shades of brown and grey, but the textures are a lot better. The normal shotgun is exactly the same, the Sawn Off is awesome and the maps are a bit smaller than Gears 2 maps, but they definitely work well

thanks +repped

---------- Post added 22-09-2011 at 07:24 PM ----------

have only really played horde/team deathmatch so far. gonna have a go at the campaign later. i really like it. i dunno if it's just me, but character movement feels slower. idk why. but it's all so much cleaner, and it looks amazing in HD.

my HD cable don't fit in the xbox... :( idk y

+repped 2

beth
22-09-2011, 06:25 PM
what xbox do you have? are you sure yr xbox has a hdmi port?

oh forgot to mention, i really like the new features in horde. you can build spike barriers and stuff. kinda like the way you buy upgrades in cod zombies?

Lamz
22-09-2011, 06:47 PM
what xbox do you have? are you sure yr xbox has a hdmi port?

oh forgot to mention, i really like the new features in horde. you can build spike barriers and stuff. kinda like the way you buy upgrades in cod zombies?

the new 1 & yh it just wnt go in... :(

I got this (http://thehut.pantherssl.com/productimg/0/600/600/47/10484547-1308219686-649265.jpg) 1. it fits in the tele not the xbox :(

beth
23-09-2011, 12:22 AM
just wanted to add beast mode is so fun hahaha. love being a blood mount.

samsaBEAR
23-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Beast Mode is awesome but a tad easy, once you've unlocked the Beserker it's smooth sailing from there. I think it needs to be tweaked a bit.
The Horde additions sound fun, but I cba with fiddling around with them, personally I prefer it when you had to rush to put shields back up, but I think that's just my nostalgic viewpoint getting the better of me

Lamz
23-09-2011, 12:34 PM
just wanted to add beast mode is so fun hahaha. love being a blood mount.

Beast Mode? You can be a ticker? :S

Beast Mode is awesome but a tad easy, once you've unlocked the Beserker it's smooth sailing from there. I think it needs to be tweaked a bit.
The Horde additions sound fun, but I cba with fiddling around with them, personally I prefer it when you had to rush to put shields back up, but I think that's just my nostalgic viewpoint getting the better of me

XD I love playing horde on blood drive... then you get a sheild & trap yourself in spawn & kill those ******s :L

Gnna play GOW 2 layta...

Lost_Addict
23-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Really great game, and thats alot comming from a guy who thought 1 and 2 were OK with a good storyline. I've completed Horde, Beast and Campaign and can safley say it joins my 10/10 games (only 8 i believe in total) Online has been improved so much it's actually reached the point i enjo plaing it. Horde is as great as Gears 2 with the addition of a boss wave and defence which greatly improves the expirience. Beast is a superb and fun eddition. The storyline perfectly wraps up with very few if any questions remaining, the caught the emotion spot on (You'll know what i mean when you play it), Textures improved my only down side is Jayce, i don't know why but i have a hatred for him haha.

beth
25-09-2011, 02:23 AM
okay i wanted to post again after i've finished campaign so here goes. (OBVIOUSLY DON'T CLICK THE SPOILER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RUIN IT FOR YRSELF.)

oh man, what a sublime finish. i loved it from start to end and the dom thing, well, yeah: i had a little cry. and i had another sob at the end too. i loved the lambent people, reminded me of like zombies cod style gaming? marcus has grown on me a lot more in this game too. i always took the piss out of him before, but yeah, he was a lot more likeable. baird had a few good one-liners haha, and cole is just always fab. loved carmine too, was happy at the end.
things i didn't like: sam's accent. so annoying. jace: why?!?! didn't like how carmine disappeared for most of it, didn't like how easy it was to take out myrrah. that's it really, loved the rest. really is so much cleaner than gears 2.

without spoiler? amazing campaign. haha ;)

Chris
25-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Really enjoyed it, best game Ive played this year.

I thought the ending was good, but not as good as the gears 2 ending.
I love how carmine actually lived but did a vanishing act for most of the game.
The cinematic scenes where excellent to watch.
Dom sacrificing himself for the team makes a lot of sense, he was suffering from depression anyway.
The lambent former humans made a nice change.
Myrrah was too easy to defeat.
The new one shot weapon is awesome.
Adam fenix's death was inevitable.

Camy
25-09-2011, 04:35 PM
I love it soo much, it's up in my top 3 favourite games.
Campaign was pretty good, felt like it was dragging on a bit at times, but it was good. The lighting I thought was amazing, the graphics in general are top notch.
Multiplayer is actually playable now, dedicated servers make it about more than connections, which is awesome. Snipers actually connect when you're aiming at the head now, the one thing that kind of ruins it at times for me is the sawed off, but you are able to outplay it if you know how. Favourite map for me at the moment is Sandbar.
Horde is still fun, but the fortifications, decoys, turrets and sentrys make it so much better for me, I only really played it for achievements in GoW2, but I actually want to play it now.
Beast mode is fun too, but it is a bit easy yeah. Berserkers are quite OP compared to the other locust in it's tier.
The only biggish thing I don't like is that you have to pay for the gun camos, would much prefer if they were all unlockable. But they know people will pay for them, so why wouldn't they make them DLC.

beth
25-09-2011, 05:41 PM
another thing i don't like is how powerful kantus is now, i mean he's always been a bit overbearing but at times during campaign he was so annoyingly tough.

samsaBEAR
25-09-2011, 08:33 PM
I like the campaign overall, however I was very disappointed with the ending. Very easy, the whole point of the Lambent/Locust plot line of all three games is basically said in one conversation at the very end and seemed very rushed.
Not a spoiler because he's in the books, but I am very glad that Dizzy returns, even though I obviously knew he wasn't dead. The jokes about Carmine and the reveal of whether he dies or not made me and my buddy crack up when we were playing through.
All in all, it was classic Gears story-telling, but after waiting for so long for the conclusion, I think I may have ruined it for myself by hyping it up far too much.

beth
04-10-2011, 06:48 PM
http://epicgames.com/community/2011/10/gears-of-war-3-horde-command-pack-available-nov-1/

j (http://epicgames.com/community/2011/10/gears-of-war-3-horde-command-pack-available-nov-1/)ust bumping with details of the first gow3 dlc. out on the 1st and seems to refer mainly to horde.

samsaBEAR
04-10-2011, 10:12 PM
I knew they were bringing it back, but I'm so glad Blood Drive has been remade for Gears 3. Now all they need is Jacinto and River and the game will basically be complete.

beth
04-10-2011, 10:15 PM
I knew they were bringing it back, but I'm so glad Blood Drive has been remade for Gears 3. Now all they need is Jacinto and River and the game will basically be complete.

jacinto's under water though isn't it?

Chris
04-10-2011, 10:32 PM

Remake of the map. :P I loved that map too.

Anyway I dont think I'll get the dlc unless its singleplayer additions.

samsaBEAR
04-10-2011, 11:11 PM
yeah in terms of the storyline it is yeah, but that doesn't mean it can't be in the multiplayer. dom and adam fenix are in the mp and you know what happens to them! plus it would be quite cool if a new jacinto was watery, like some bits were flooded or w/e

beth
04-10-2011, 11:40 PM
yeah in terms of the storyline it is yeah, but that doesn't mean it can't be in the multiplayer. dom and adam fenix are in the mp and you know what happens to them! plus it would be quite cool if a new jacinto was watery, like some bits were flooded or w/e

would be cool if they had scuba suits............no? :(

Andii
05-10-2011, 05:18 PM
LOVE GEARS OF WAR !!!!!!!!!!!!! i probs am biggest fan ever pmsl. . . i played gears one and two for agesssssss lol didnt change to any other game :L :L :L . . . and the 3rd 1 was unreal. . .even shed a tear when everybody knows when. . . BUT THE END WAS LIKE :o :o :o :o :o lolol it was so stupid :( :(

u cant kill "them" with anything like u shoot "them" with a hammer of dawn and stuff that doesnt kill "then" but a friggn knife does PMSLLLL

Camy
05-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Annoys me soo much that they're not public mp maps aparently, why they're doing that baffles me! It's only horde/beast/private mp maps seemingly.. I do like that only the host of the game needs to have the dlc though.

samsaBEAR
06-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Annoys me soo much that they're not public mp maps aparently, why they're doing that baffles me! It's only horde/beast/private mp maps seemingly.. I do like that only the host of the game needs to have the dlc though.
Yeah I just noticed that, I hope that's just worded weird. It doesn't make sense to bring out a map pack and not let the maps be played on normal MP, I'm sure Horde and Beast mode are popular, but I bet they aren't nearly as popular as the proper MP

Lamz
07-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Got this today, i'll finish campaign by tonight (00:20) starting @ 7...

beth
07-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Yeah I just noticed that, I hope that's just worded weird. It doesn't make sense to bring out a map pack and not let the maps be played on normal MP, I'm sure Horde and Beast mode are popular, but I bet they aren't nearly as popular as the proper MP

don't really like multiplayer on gow3, we always play horde and beast.

Camy
07-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I hope so too, I just don't get why ? If all the other maps work in all modes, and blood drive was a gow2 mp and horde map, why does it not work for mp. Maybe they're pulling a battlefield and releasing different game modes at different times for the same map.

Lamz
07-10-2011, 07:41 PM
just started playing, my ex came over, look pretty neat so far

Lamz
07-10-2011, 08:28 PM
WTF Happened to Cole? he usto be RIPPED! :(

samsaBEAR
08-10-2011, 12:16 AM
I hope so too, I just don't get why ? If all the other maps work in all modes, and blood drive was a gow2 mp and horde map, why does it not work for mp. Maybe they're pulling a battlefield and releasing different game modes at different times for the same map.
I hope not! Like I said, Blood Drive was probably my favourite map from Gears 2. Plenty of tight spaces for shotgun battles, which having said that will probably be ruined by that ******* sawn off, and lots of room for long range/snipers. I always thought Blood Drive should have two sniper spawns for epic sniping battles across the map

Lamz
08-10-2011, 06:02 PM
I hope not! Like I said, Blood Drive was probably my favourite map from Gears 2. Plenty of tight spaces for shotgun battles, which having said that will probably be ruined by that ******* sawn off, and lots of room for long range/snipers. I always thought Blood Drive should have two sniper spawns for epic sniping battles across the map

SNAP! +repped

This is the same as what I was thinking... & that sawn off shotgun is ******* bullcrap!

Camy
08-10-2011, 09:08 PM
It was a good map, think it was my most played map in gow2, because everyone always voted it. I'm undecided on whether 2 snipes would have been good or not, the power struggle for power weapons at the start of games was what kind of made that map good for me, and I don't think it would have really happened with 2 snipes.
Also, sawn offs would defo ruin it. I really think sawn offs should be power weapons, but hey ho, itll never happen.

Lamz
09-10-2011, 01:27 AM
Aww, Doms chat with Maria...

OMFG DOM!!!!! :'(

Lamz
09-10-2011, 06:05 PM
ok, so I have just completed campaign & I ******* loved it! :D

I like how they had to go through so much **** just to end the war when they found out that Marcus's dad was still alive... I almost shed a tear when Dom sacrificed his life to save the other Gears & so they could find Marcus's Dad. What I didn't like was the fact that Carmine did **** all during the war & i didn't like how easy the game was... I think having Anya on the front line was a cool move & the new guy Jace reminded me of Tai a little... the loud ass that doesn't give a **** typa guy.

Back to Dom... I really do think what he done was the right chose, 'cause he missed his family so much & he done so much to make them proud of him... I was so shocked when Alan (Marcus's Dad) revealed he was like semi locust & when he turned to dust I felt bad for Marcus now he has lost his "brother" & his dad.

Thank heavens that ***** of a ***** is finally dead, she practically tortured the living crap out of Marcus.

Two things I really want to know is:

Was Anya & Marcus dating all that time?
Will there be a GOW4 now that certain characters are gone?

samsaBEAR
10-10-2011, 12:02 AM
It was a good map, think it was my most played map in gow2, because everyone always voted it. I'm undecided on whether 2 snipes would have been good or not, the power struggle for power weapons at the start of games was what kind of made that map good for me, and I don't think it would have really happened with 2 snipes.
Also, sawn offs would defo ruin it. I really think sawn offs should be power weapons, but hey ho, itll never happen.
yeah you're right about the snipers actually ha, i completely forgot about that struggle. imo the sawn off should just be removed, it's too noob friendly and it requires so little skill to use. shotgun battles are a staple of the gears multiplayer and the sawn off just does away with them

ok, so I have just completed campaign & I ******* loved it! :D

I like how they had to go through so much **** just to end the war when they found out that Marcus's dad was still alive... I almost shed a tear when Dom sacrificed his life to save the other Gears & so they could find Marcus's Dad. What I didn't like was the fact that Carmine did **** all during the war & i didn't like how easy the game was... I think having Anya on the front line was a cool move & the new guy Jace reminded me of Tai a little... the loud ass that doesn't give a **** typa guy.

Back to Dom... I really do think what he done was the right chose, 'cause he missed his family so much & he done so much to make them proud of him... I was so shocked when Alan (Marcus's Dad) revealed he was like semi locust & when he turned to dust I felt bad for Marcus now he has lost his "brother" & his dad.

Thank heavens that ***** of a ***** is finally dead, she practically tortured the living crap out of Marcus.

Two things I really want to know is:

Was Anya & Marcus dating all that time?
Will there be a GOW4 now that certain characters are gone?

1. no, but it's implied in the other two games that they have feelings towards each other, so i guess GoW3 ends like that so you can make your own little story up. they definitely go out in mine ha
2. i think cliffy said that there were still more stories to tell in the gears universe, but marcus' story is now finished, unless they decide to do a prequel with the pendulum wars/anvil gate (which would be awesome). i guess they might make cameos if there were more though.

Lamz
10-10-2011, 05:46 AM
1. no, but it's implied in the other two games that they have feelings towards each other, so i guess GoW3 ends like that so you can make your own little story up. they definitely go out in mine ha
2. i think cliffy said that there were still more stories to tell in the gears universe, but marcus' story is now finished, unless they decide to do a prequel with the pendulum wars/anvil gate (which would be awesome). i guess they might make cameos if there were more though.

oh, okay thanks :D

samsaBEAR
11-10-2011, 07:46 PM
just read this: http://twitter.com/#!/GearsViking/status/121325214503153664
probably won't get the DLC till it's added to normal MP.

samsaBEAR
12-10-2011, 01:14 AM
Also: http://epicgames.com/community/2011/10/gears-of-war-3-weapon-stats-sawed-off-range-and-more/
sawn off is getting it's range reduced. thank the lord for that

beth
12-10-2011, 03:19 AM
hate the sawn off, just everything about it.

Lamz
12-10-2011, 06:36 AM
a lot of people do... lol

Camy
12-10-2011, 02:20 PM
just read this: http://twitter.com/#!/GearsViking/status/121325214503153664
probably won't get the DLC till it's added to normal MP.
I see, surely it can't be that hard to add 3 maps to map rotations on the servers, hopefully won't take any longer than a week or 2. And I was going to get the season pass once my pay comes in, think that'll be the week after it comes out. I haven't played it in like 2 weeks anyway, been stuck into rage and fifa too much :/

samsaBEAR
13-10-2011, 12:49 AM
I see, surely it can't be that hard to add 3 maps to map rotations on the servers, hopefully won't take any longer than a week or 2. And I was going to get the season pass once my pay comes in, think that'll be the week after it comes out. I haven't played it in like 2 weeks anyway, been stuck into rage and fifa too much :/
Yeah I'm just gonna get the season pass when it they're released 'properly', I just don't wanna wait long to get Blood Drive back :(

Fire-Fox
20-10-2011, 11:12 PM
My brother got it for his birthday. I'm waiting patiently for him to finish. -.-

I wanna playy.

xdinosaurdaniel
24-10-2011, 10:13 PM
I got the console :D havent touched gears in over a week though since i started playing habbo again.

Robi
27-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Has anybody got Gears Of War 3 yet? If so... is it good?

How good is it
Ratings out of 5
How is it different to 1 & 2
Story Line (without giving too much away)
What are the weapons like? (Faster/Slower & any changes)
Looking to get this is a few weeks but kinda want an insight 1st so yeah...

1) Amazing
2) 4/5
3) Graphics, Guns etc
4) Story line is really good, I enjoyed it.
5) Weapons take a while to get used to, but once you know what your good with your set to go!

Andii
27-01-2012, 12:22 PM
GAME OF THE YEAR !!!!!!! lol .. new DLC is pretty sweet :) already ranked up to like 35 on next one :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!