PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone is terrible I'm so angry!

Catchy
16-02-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm so angry irl atm!!! I got an iPhone 4s with Vodfafone in January I had to pay £189 for the handset. The other day I got a text saying my next bill would be £225 because they didn't think I'd paid for the handset however I did on my card as soon as I got the phone, I rang them up straight away telling them it was a mistake and they said the fee would be waived and I would't have to pay.

So today I check my bank and I have like -125 LMFAO! Rang them up fuming "oh sorry it will take 10 days for a refund" no I said that's not good enough so they said ok 5 days, a manager is supposed to be ringing me back in 2 hours they've offered me one month free line rental but I'm gonna demand 2 for the hassle it's caused me! This isn't good enough!!

Anyone have anysimilarexperiences with phone networks?:S:S

Thread moved by Chris (Forum Moderator): From "Discuss Anything", as it is probably better suited here!

Jordy
16-02-2012, 12:29 PM
What you've encountered is an unfortunate problem which could probably happen with any company and is all too common. They've admitted their mistake straight away and offered some compensation, they can't help that it takes days to transfer money even if it was taken by accident.

To get ridiculously angry over it and describe the network in general as terrible is a bit of an exaggeration.

Catchy
16-02-2012, 12:35 PM
What you've encountered is an unfortunate problem which could probably happen with any company and is all too common. They've admitted their mistake straight away and offered some compensation, they can't help that it takes days to transfer money even if it was taken by accident.

To get ridiculously angry over it and describe the network in general as terrible is a bit of an exaggeration.

I think I'm entitled to be angry cause the mistake could've been prevented if they'd of actually waived the fee, it didn't need to happen yet it did just shows how much they value their customers. I understand it can take days for a refund I've known several other companies to do it on the same day though and just the fact that I had to haggle it down from 7 days to 5 made me mad apparently cos mine is a 'special situation' it's 5 days.

Markeh
16-02-2012, 02:08 PM
We were charged £25 for a number we didn't dial (at a time we'd be asleep). Having said that, as a family we've been with Vodafone since before I was born.

Catchy
16-02-2012, 04:49 PM
We were charged £25 for a number we didn't dial (at a time we'd be asleep). Having said that, as a family we've been with Vodafone since before I was born.

Rly that's well bad... Well I have to say they've dealt with the situation good anyway. They're giving me half price line rental for 3 months. Usually £31 a month so it'll be £15.50 now, just got an image in my head of them charging me the full amount though lmfaoo

Jssy
16-02-2012, 05:00 PM
I think you're right to be angry, I would be too but the main thing is they've sorted it which is good

jasey
16-02-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm sorry about this! I think we've all had a problem like this at some time in our lives so I can definitely sympathize.

Cerys
16-02-2012, 06:22 PM
We've been charged falsely several times, none of them have been refunded though. :l

Hope it gets sorted x

Catchy
16-02-2012, 10:09 PM
We've been charged falsely several times, none of them have been refunded though. :l

Hope it gets sorted x

Seriously? That's well bad! It annoys me how they always try to fob you off!!

Recursion
16-02-2012, 10:15 PM

Hope it gets sorted x

Then you've turned that into your own problem by not following it up.

HarrySX
16-02-2012, 11:07 PM
The greatest companies are those that admit their mistakes and try to put them right. Of course Vodafone didn't mean to do thisintentionally(and I'd put money on the fact that they hire people solely to make sure this doesn't happen) and you need to give credit where credit is due.

Hopefully this turns out well for you.

Best.

Cerys
17-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Then you've turned that into your own problem by not following it up.
We called them like, 20times.... :l

Catchy
17-02-2012, 11:27 AM
It's turned out okay anyway checked my bank today and all my money is back... Which is weird cause they said it would take longer so I'm not sure what's happenin :S cause the phone bill hasn't even come out now... I think cause I still have an under 18's bank account they never charge me for going into my minus and it's just bounced or something? Ahhh really confusing.

Recursion
17-02-2012, 12:46 PM
It's turned out okay anyway checked my bank today and all my money is back... Which is weird cause they said it would take longer so I'm not sure what's happenin :S cause the phone bill hasn't even come out now... I think cause I still have an under 18's bank account they never charge me for going into my minus and it's just bounced or something? Ahhh really confusing.

They say 5 days to cover their asses, it's entirely up to their and your banks to get the transfers done. Sometimes it can be same day, sometimes it can be up to something like a week.

Catchy
23-02-2012, 01:00 PM
LMAO guess what... Today I checked my bank and woop I was in my minus again, cheers Vodafone. Rang them up complaining about it AGAIN after they'd told me so many times that it would be sorted... Apparently they're refunding me the money AGAIN with an extra £20 for the inconvenience! Fed up of speaking to Vodafone on the phone now eurggggg

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!