PDA

View Full Version : A virus that kills cancer

dbgtz
04-09-2012, 09:32 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9508895/A-virus-that-kills-cancer-the-cure-thats-waiting-in-the-coldc.html

Damn, though it's looking like a few more years will be needed at minimum before it's potentially rolled out.

Mathew
04-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Very interesting read. Thanks for posting.

Niall!
04-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Expect this to disappear forever in a few weeks. Days maybe.

Drug companies will not allow a cure for something like cancer to be provided. The loses sustained would be devastating. They'll do everything in their power to prevent it.

Kardan
04-09-2012, 06:15 PM
It's not been tested on humans, so for all we know it could go directly the same route as Thalidomide. We can't put any hope into this just yet, I'm afraid.

FlyingJesus
04-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Whilst I quite agree that this is likely yet another red herring in the search for a proper cancer cure, I think the important difference may be the trial cost - it's so comparatively low that with proper circulation it could be found in donation money alone, and then it's down to Professor Magnus (cool name) to sort out the patenting issue, which would allow if not entice actual pharmaceutical companies to invest in it large-scale. That of course would only be necessary if it proved at all viable, but if it didn't then £2m to eliminate one path and narrow the field would still be worthwhile in terms of scientific discovery

efq
04-09-2012, 07:33 PM
So glad to hear this news, usually it's "waking up gives you cancer" "blinking gives you cancer". About time cancer deserved good news.

CaptainAce
04-09-2012, 08:00 PM
I hope it works then people won't have to lose their dad's or mums or any of the family to this horrible thing called cancer.

-:Undertaker:-
04-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Encouraging news, cancer is, apart from being awful (of course), so interesting in the way that it's actually your own body attacking itself against a percieved threat (itself).

So naturally 'curing' the likes of cancer and dementia is much harder.

LoveToStack
04-09-2012, 09:13 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Oleh (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks

Demi
05-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Wow this is amazing news, fingers crossed.

MKR&*42
05-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Could turn out to be something quite promising, we'll just have to wait and see. If it ever gets past the stage of animal testing, it could be rather promising. I'd imagine it'd take a long time to even get to that stage in the first place.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!