PDA

View Full Version : Elisa invested 15 million on Sulake

Michael
26-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Found this interesting article from a french fansite, google doesn't do well at translating it though so i'll try my best.
- http://mangetoica.com/archives/54513

Elisa invested € 15 million (in total) to fully redeem Sulake

The finnish telecommunications operator Elisa has published its financial results for the first three quarters of the year and has shown the true result of what the turmoil from the pedophile scandal in 2012 has really caused.

In december 2012, Paul La Fontaine left his position as Sulake CEO giving way to temporarily CEO Markku Ignatius who now works for the app company Supercell. After this became the decision of Elisa to increase their shares from 85% to a full 100% of the company.

ELISA INVESTED 15 MILLION TO BUY IN ENTIRE Sulake

http://mangetoica.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Capture-d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran-2013-10-26-%C3%A0-13.50.40.png

The acquisition of Sulake resulted Elisa in paying up several transactions to a sum equivalent to 15 million euros. However, it seems that this investment is not very lucrative for Elisa because Sulake has since lost nearly 2 million euros in profit since the acquisition to a net income of € 5 million, this loss is directly related to a steady decline the number of players on Habbo.

As a reminder, Elisa revenue goes over the billion mark and they seems very committed to invest heavily in Habbo to reopen Sulake offices in more countries again.

I think we can really see the full effect of this scandal now, resulting in thousands of Habbos to jump ship. Where would Sulake be without Elisa? Probably closed.

Elisas financial report: http://corporate.elisa.com/attachment/content/131017INTERIM-REPORT-Q3-2013.pdf

Scotland
26-10-2013, 01:14 PM
15mil is prob nothing to elisa lol

dbgtz
26-10-2013, 01:32 PM
What happened to the other €100,000?

AcarioRuiz
26-10-2013, 02:45 PM
ty elisa

scottish
26-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Habbo was on a steady decline before any scandal.

Hidden
26-10-2013, 05:13 PM
The people at Elisa are much nicer than Sulake (Stories is from Elisa) and those people are really nice and genuine. Powertoo ect are just ignorant and rude a lot of the time.

Raiza
26-10-2013, 05:18 PM
BelieveMeSafety has spend more on habbo than Elisa

Edited by £lliott (Forum Moderator) - Please do not post pointlessly, thanks!

Lucy
27-10-2013, 06:59 AM
They need to work hard to raise the number of players again, it was a boom for Habbo all them years ago when numbers grew quite quickly. If they are indeed looking at opening country offices it may be a good place to start, as users tend to prefer content that makes sense for them locally, if that makes sense. Otherwise on its current trend I can't see Habbo lasting too many years ahead.

AgnesIO
27-10-2013, 10:35 AM
The people at Elisa are much nicer than Sulake (Stories is from Elisa) and those people are really nice and genuine. Powertoo ect are just ignorant and rude a lot of the time.

On the basis Elisa owns Sulake, your argument is pretty flawed..

BelieveMeSafety has spend more on habbo than Elisa

Edited by £lliott (Forum Moderator) - Please do not post pointlessly, thanks!

lol

Lingo10
27-10-2013, 04:37 PM
To help habbo at this point is to remarket the creative standpoint, offer more new and exciting inventives, bring back the classic things that made it what is was and somehow have a homeostatial balance between the two. Get more people to be involved.

To try to get the same growing audience (from years ago) will be hard no doubt but they have look into their reserves and figure this out.:¬:

FlyingJesus
27-10-2013, 04:45 PM
2m loss in the first year on a 15m investment of a company in dire trouble is not a huge issue, Elisa are clearly playing the long game here and that alone should be good news for everyone with an interest because it shows that they aren't likely to be giving up on Habbo any time soon. Also not sure if it's just because of the translation but that 2m loss isn't very clearly indicated - is it an actual loss or "loss in profits" ie just not getting as much as it used to? I'm more inclined to think the latter since Habbo/Sulake was making ridiculous coinage in previous years and it's rather unthinkable to assume that they'd go from a vastly growing business to actually being on a loss of that magnitude

JustZach
27-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Let's hope we see some changed for the better happening in Habbo!

Matt
28-10-2013, 08:45 AM
I could think of so many more things to do with 15 million Euros than buy out Sulake. Why on earth would you do such a thing. Big deal, she effectively owns habbo or whatever, who cares, habbo will soon die out. Silly people

FlyingJesus
28-10-2013, 12:49 PM
I could think of so many more things to do with 15 million Euros than buy out Sulake. Why on earth would you do such a thing. Big deal, she effectively owns habbo or whatever, who cares, habbo will soon die out. Silly people

Elisa is a telecoms company with a revenue of about 1.5m Euros, not a person :P

scottish
28-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Elisa is a telecoms company with a revenue of about 1.5m Euros, not a person :P

billion not million, they get something like 150mil profit.

FlyingJesus
28-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Oops yeah meant bn, would prob be difficult to spend 15m if you only have 1.5

edible
28-10-2013, 01:11 PM
iirc sulake hasn't returned real terms profit since 2010

i guess without elisa habbo would be either closed or on death's door

Bradley.
31-10-2013, 01:42 PM
why does it say 85% to 100 in the quote then 24% to 100 in the lil box thing

FlyingJesus
31-10-2013, 03:30 PM
The text is translated from French and hasn't done it perfectly, should be increased BY 85% rather than FROM

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!