PDA

View Full Version : Savings

buttons
04-01-2016, 09:30 PM
how much savings you got and how much of it are u willing to give to me?

and again re the taboo question (as asked in my earnings thread)

Inseriousity.
04-01-2016, 10:24 PM
I put away 100 quid a week. Think I've got bout 2k now. It's nice to have a rainy day fund just in case shit happens.
AS FOR TABOO YOU'VE ALREADY ANSWERED THAT. "CAN I HAVE SOME? CAN I LEND SOME?" all said in that jokey way when actually you both know they're actually being deadly serious and only joking just so they can say "I'm only joking anyway" when you say no (or awkwardly laugh it off). It seems the natural follow up question to any talk about savings is that question :P

Meanies
04-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Nowhere near as much as I would like lmao. We opened a savings account probably 3 months ago and put in £500 initially. Since then I only added in another £75 because we always spend any leftover money on little treats and things. Then I crashed my car and had to dip into a bit so now it stands at a measly £400 :(

scottish
04-01-2016, 10:31 PM
I'm thinking of doing same kinda thing, open savings account and put so much in per month depending on wage at the time.

Spent £5k in 2015 and £8k in 2014 though which all came from savings as I didn't have a job until feb/mar 2015

buttons
04-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Nowhere near as much as I would like lmao. We opened a savings account probably 3 months ago and put in £500 initially. Since then I only added in another £75 because we always spend any leftover money on little treats and things. Then I crashed my car and had to dip into a bit so now it stands at a measly £400 :(
yeah i had 4k in savings in may then i bought a car then i crashed it lmao. iv got about 1.6k in savings atm but some will be coming out to fix the rest of my car. im hoping to save £200 a month but also hoping to increase my hours at work so i have more to save.

@Inseriousity. (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=26409); we are all adults now and we should be talking about adult stuff and looking out for each other on hxf! (that includes giving me your money)

Inseriousity.
04-01-2016, 10:36 PM
there is another solution lol don't crash your car (how'd you manage that anyway)

Cerys
04-01-2016, 10:38 PM
i save everything i get cos i dont have a real reason to spend so i have about a grand and a half in savings atm,

my man however has 6grand in savings

buttons
04-01-2016, 10:44 PM
there is another solution lol don't crash your car (how'd you manage that anyway)
i reversed into a big metal storage container like this

http://www.containercabins.co.uk/images/5971CIMG0037.jpg

:( :(

Kyle
04-01-2016, 10:54 PM
7k to go towards postgrad fees

Alkaz
04-01-2016, 11:14 PM
Currently have around £6k ish in savings accounts. Probably a bit less than that due to Christmas -_-

The Don
04-01-2016, 11:26 PM
I have -£2,100 to my name

dbgtz
04-01-2016, 11:28 PM
About 3k liquid, 6k invested (in 2010ish). So possibly around 12k all in all?

j0rd
04-01-2016, 11:58 PM
how is everyone so rich jeez
you probs all don't go out you losers

Jurv
05-01-2016, 12:08 AM
Actually jealous of anyone that can save money

The only reason I'm not in my overdraft anymore is because I got my student loan the other day :) :)

mrwoooooooo
05-01-2016, 11:52 AM
17k, saving for a house

lawrawrrr
05-01-2016, 02:21 PM
how is everyone so rich jeez
you probs all don't go out you losers

Yes that helps :P even if I had time to go out lots I still wouldn't that much because I'd rather save for the future than spend it on useless things like alcohol haha

-:Undertaker:-
05-01-2016, 06:02 PM
I have about £1,000 in silver.

scottish
05-01-2016, 06:16 PM
I have about £1,000 in silver.

When you bought it, or its current value?

Kardan
05-01-2016, 09:56 PM
£10,000, saving for a mortgage.

abc
06-01-2016, 12:58 AM

She is a female so that is a stupid question.

Yes that helps :P even if I had time to go out lots I still wouldn't that much because I'd rather save for the future than spend it on useless things like alcohol haha

Alcohol is not useless.

buttons - at £200 a month you are saving £2,400 a year. stop being a cheap skate.

I save a lot, which therefore allows me to buy things I want and spend money on the things I want/travel. If I hadn't saved, my year long holiday to USA would not have been possible.

Drew
06-01-2016, 01:11 AM

Alcohol is not useless.

buttons - at £200 a month you are saving £2,400 a year. stop being a cheap skate.

I save a lot, which therefore allows me to buy things I want and spend money on the things I want/travel. If I hadn't saved, my year long holiday to USA would not have been possible.

what a sexist comment

i agree alcohol is useless

Sho
06-01-2016, 01:22 AM
erm i have like £500 left over from last month's wages, but i'm going to see martin in two weeks and my boyfriend after that so that's all going to be gone. i worked overtime during christmas and it was triple pay on christmas day and new years day so i am very excited for payday this month woo

abc
06-01-2016, 01:29 AM
erm i have like £500 left over from last month's wages, but i'm going to see martin in two weeks and my boyfriend after that so that's all going to be gone. i worked overtime during christmas and it was triple pay on christmas day and new years day so i am very excited for payday this month woo

Where do you work?

what a sexist comment

i agree alcohol is useless

Alcohol is just as useless as chocolate then.

Sho
06-01-2016, 01:38 AM
Where do you work?

i'm a community support worker so i don't really have a workplace, i go to people's houses. :)

abc
06-01-2016, 01:40 AM
i'm a community support worker so i don't really have a workplace, i go to people's houses. :)

Ah ok. I only asked because you worked Christmas day and most places are closed except essential places so just intrigued me as to which sector you worked in.

Sho
06-01-2016, 01:53 AM
Ah ok. I only asked because you worked Christmas day and most places are closed except essential places so just intrigued me as to which sector you worked in.

ah yeah people are always so shocked when i say i'm doing 15 hour shifts on christmas day and stuff hahaha

buttons
06-01-2016, 08:33 AM

Alcohol is not useless.

@buttons (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=42203) - at £200 a month you are saving £2,400 a year. stop being a cheap skate.

there was a guy in this thread who also crashed his car so shut up. & i cant afford to save more than £200 :S

Matt
06-01-2016, 09:18 AM
I have just under $14,000 which is around £6,700.

abc
06-01-2016, 09:24 AM
there was a guy in this thread who also crashed his car so shut up. & i cant afford to save more than £200 :S

You said you are hoping to save £200 a month hence I (jokingly) said stop being a cheap skate asking for donations as you were doing well saving £2400 a year. Nvm, I wasn't being serious lol.

buttons
06-01-2016, 03:37 PM
let u off then ;lll

Matthew
06-01-2016, 05:30 PM
I have just over £15k saved up

Saving for a jaguar f type (h)

lawrawrrr
06-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Alcohol is not useless.

It is. Like, I know a lot of people enjoy it and it's good to have a few luxuries in life but the fact is it's not a necessity, it's an unnecessary luxury which can save people an awful lot of money to cut out. I'd much rather own my own house or car than look back in 20 years in a rented place still and think "oh i'm so glad I got drunk that night when I was 20"

Alkaz
06-01-2016, 06:47 PM
It is. Like, I know a lot of people enjoy it and it's good to have a few luxuries in life but the fact is it's not a necessity, it's an unnecessary luxury which can save people an awful lot of money to cut out. I'd much rather own my own house or car than look back in 20 years in a rented place still and think "oh i'm so glad I got drunk that night when I was 20"
I see where you're coming from. However it can't all be work and no play. You have to allow yourself some luxuries after all you're only going to pass the house and money on to your kids to enjoy. Might as well enjoy some of it yourself.

lawrawrrr
06-01-2016, 07:43 PM
I see where you're coming from. However it can't all be work and no play. You have to allow yourself some luxuries after all you're only going to pass the house and money on to your kids to enjoy. Might as well enjoy some of it yourself.
I know what you mean but the way I'm seeing alcohol lately is that it can wipe out not only an entire evening but most of the next day too if you drink too much, it's a very expensive and potentially addictive habit, as well as some other bad effects - which do depend on the individual themselves as well of course!

That's just personal opinion though but one of my biggest bugbears is when people complain about being skint and then going out drinking every night - especially when those people borrow money to go out. yeeeeeah.

abc
06-01-2016, 08:13 PM

The way you are talking is as if everyone who drinks alcohol spends a ridiculous amount on it and gets wasted to the point they don't remember what happened the night before, but that's not reality. Some people spend only a little amount on alcohol and may only drink a little on a night out to try and relax themselves or to make them more "free".

In the way you talk about alcohol, I can also say chocolate is useless. I mean it's also "an unnecessary luxury which can save people an awful lot of money to cut out". People do not need chocolate. And if you take it to the extreme then a car is also a luxury.

In my case i used to drink a lot at university and quite frankly I do not regret it at all as I enjoyed it and I like the memories from that time. It made my nights out more enjoyable. But now I am working full time and running a company, I only drink every so often (and only a little as I drive) when I am meeting up with friends or something.

It all depends on how much people spend and it is wrong to generalise.

lawrawrrr
06-01-2016, 08:24 PM
The way you are talking is as if everyone who drinks alcohol spends a ridiculous amount on it and gets wasted to the point they don't remember what happened the night before, but that's not reality. Some people spend only a little amount on alcohol and may only drink a little on a night out to try and relax themselves or to make them more "free".

In the way you talk about alcohol, I can also say chocolate is useless. I mean it's also "an unnecessary luxury which can save people an awful lot of money to cut out". People do not need chocolate. And if you take it to the extreme then a car is also a luxury.

In my case i used to drink a lot at university and quite frankly I do not regret it at all as I enjoyed it and I like the memories from that time. It made my nights out more enjoyable. But now I am working full time and running a company, I only drink every so often (and only a little as I drive) when I am meeting up with friends or something.

It all depends on how much people spend and it is wrong to generalise.
Not at all, I used to drink a glass or two to relax every now and again so I don't think everyone gets massively drunk all the time and I'm not generalising! End of the day, alcohol as a product is fairly expensive so all alcohol-based products are going to cost money, and that's what I've cut out and it's saving me a lot. Even a small amount of alcohol has an effect on me the next day.

I do completely agree that chocolate is a luxury as well - but like Khloe; said everyone needs something to enjoy in life (chocolate is my vice) That's another thing I'm cutting down on though because I've only realised doing my 2015 budget summary how much it actually adds up to!

I think my use of the word "useless" was probably the wrong choice in my post, but that wasn't supposed to be objective, that's personal to me. I don't class alcohol as something that I need to spend on when it has so many negative effects on me so I'd *much* rather save that money, and like I said above it frustrates me to no end when people are out spending tons on alcohol getting #hammered #wasted #lol #party like many of my housemates did then not being able to meet rent payments so people like me have to cover.

But yeah, it's the way I see it so yeah.

abc
06-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Not at all, I used to drink a glass or two to relax every now and again so I don't think everyone gets massively drunk all the time and I'm not generalising! End of the day, alcohol as a product is fairly expensive so all alcohol-based products are going to cost money, and that's what I've cut out and it's saving me a lot. Even a small amount of alcohol has an effect on me the next day.

I do completely agree that chocolate is a luxury as well - but like Khloe; said everyone needs something to enjoy in life (chocolate is my vice) That's another thing I'm cutting down on though because I've only realised doing my 2015 budget summary how much it actually adds up to!

I think my use of the word "useless" was probably the wrong choice in my post, but that wasn't supposed to be objective, that's personal to me. I don't class alcohol as something that I need to spend on when it has so many negative effects on me so I'd *much* rather save that money, and like I said above it frustrates me to no end when people are out spending tons on alcohol getting #hammered #wasted #lol #party like many of my housemates did then not being able to meet rent payments so people like me have to cover.

But yeah, it's the way I see it so yeah.

Well if people are spending so much and failing to pay rent etc then they are foolish. But alcohol helps many people to relax or with anxiety etc. I guess it just affects everyone differently - like you said, a small amount of alcohol affects you the next day, while a few glasses literally has no affect on me. And when it comes to Germans, a few glasses is like nothing.

lawrawrrr
06-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Well if people are spending so much and failing to pay rent etc then they are foolish. But alcohol helps many people to relax or with anxiety etc. I guess it just affects everyone differently - like you said, a small amount of alcohol affects you the next day, while a few glasses literally has no affect on me. And when it comes to Germans, a few glasses is like nothing.
now who's generalising ;)

but yeah my whole point is like if people are trying to save and are seriously worried about saving money and still spending a disproportionate amount on alcohol when lets face it, alcohol isn't going to give you security when you're older or help you build a family, then it just baffles me

das ist all :)

N-Dubz
07-01-2016, 02:39 AM
me & my bf been saving together for a couple years so we can comfortably move out & deposit. i managed to save 10k alone :(

Sharon
07-01-2016, 11:40 PM
got given 1k last jan from a car crash compensation and that was gone by july lol AND i was earning 60 a week throughout that.. that was gone too.

i'm such an un-believer for saving idk just feel like if u want something and can get it, do so. you'll always have money again at some point. currently have like £400 and working part time

youCant
16-01-2016, 12:34 AM
Got something like $20000 saved up, I keep going on holidays so I spend my money there.
I save maybe $350 a week while living out of home

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!