HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Tokens

I dont know, because it'd be pointless really, when these kids aged like 13-16 are addicted to smoking, they need it, so they will just get someone to buy it for them, or they'll steal it anyway. If they are truley addicted, and have failed giving up they will do anything to get their hands on them, stealing from parents, friend getting them for them, ect.

Tokens

Who cares?
    The age limit dosen't matter...

People can get them anyway, no matter what the age limit is.

Tokens

I think it should be raised, as if you smoke at an age like 16 (or even less) it is even the greater chances of dieing than smoking when you're like 20 +.
    [Proud to be a GOLDHabbowealth Medalist.]

50 l 100 l 150 l 200 l 250 l 300 l 350 l 400 l 450 l 500.

+1

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Legend.
    I think it should be raised, as if you smoke at an age like 16 (or even less) it is even the greater chances of dieing than smoking when you're like 20 +.
    Surely that's the choice of the would-be smoker.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Raise the age of Smoking!

I personally,agree that the age should be raised; if the government were to raise the age however, I do not see the impact it would have.
    A quarter of 15 year olds are regular smokers [Quoted from Jessica Williams' 50 Facts that Should Change the World] and if they are not worried about breaking the law, why would 16 year olds not be?
    The best thing that the government could do, is ban cigarettes altogether; the problem with this however would be a huge plummet in industry, something far too risky for the governement to do.
    However, the new lawas that ban smoking in public places is welcome, the question is; will this be enforced?
    Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Yes, the public smoking ban is coming into effect some time in the summer.

What people seem to be failing to realise throughout this thread is that smoking is not illegal under 16 (there's no law on what age you can smoke at), only the purchase of tobacco and tobacco products. Raising the age required to buy cigarettes will hardly change anything anyway, if anything it will have negative effects.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

At the moment, people under the age limit to buy Cigarettes are paying profit to Legal buyers to get Cigarettes for them, if the age limit was put up higher, people under the age limit would start paying MORE profit.

Cigarettes are so addictive i doubt this will stop a lot of people smoking, it will just basically make them steal money to get them.
    The end is only the beginning.

www.cluhabbo.net
    www.habboxforum.com
    www.habboplastics.com/board

The beginning is not the end.

(\_/)
    (O.o)

(> <) Teh Bunny pwns you.

A Userbar! Lawl! ''D

Tokens

Angry Raise Age Limit on Buying Cigarettes

Right coming from first hand experiance, smoking is disgusting, i personally have tried smoking once and hated it. (this is not a personal Vendeta because smoking has done something to me(it is simply to warn you not to experiment))

Although many people would say that it wont change anything and that children of all ages still have acces to cigarettes, it would make it harder for them to buy cigarettes!

And Although People say that it is the choice of the smoker as to whether or not they want to smoke I do think that they shouldnt be alowed to make this choice until they are mature enough and the age at which i think any person is mature enough to make this choice is 18:eusa_danc
    Last edited by DJ-Precocious; 11-06-2006 at 07:59 PM.
    You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips." ~ Bill Gates on Microsoft Office

THE MATRIX HAS YOU!!!

GOING GOING.... gone

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

What makes you think that 18 year olds are any more mature? The majority of 18 year olds in Britain spend their free time at pubs and clubs, drinking and shágging around.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus
    What makes you think that 18 year olds are any more mature? The majority of 18 year olds in Britain spend their free time at pubs and clubs, drinking and shágging around.
    And i suppose you have statistics to show that a majority of 18 year olds drink and shág during all of theyre spare time???
    You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips." ~ Bill Gates on Microsoft Office

THE MATRIX HAS YOU!!!

GOING GOING.... gone

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920