Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    ---MAD---

Latest Awards:

Arrow Smoking Ban - Is it right? - [Closes 13/08/07]

The UK under went a smoking ban a few days ago. Do you think other countries should do this as well? Do you think its right or do you think it violates human rights? Will this help smokers quit smoking or make things worse?

Happy debating .
    ---MAD---

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Killing people via second hand smoke is a greater violtaion of human rights than takeing away someones freedom to smoke.
    In the same way its illegal to stop on yellow lights, but running down children instead of stopping is still a greater crime.

Plus quite a number of other countarys already have such bans in place, we were hardly the first to impliment it, even within the Uk itself.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes the smoking ban is right it is best for everyone and future generations. If people do not smoke publicly it will not be seen as acceptable in communities and will not encourage people to do it in the same way. Also allot of people are likely to stop if the places they can smoke are limited. It stops people from doing it in the future and conserves the health of some of those who smoke and those who used to visit places were allot of people smoked.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Smoking ban is one of the best things this goverment has done in a long time. End of. :8
    i'm out of touch, i'm out of love
    i'll pick you up when you're getting down
    and out of all these things i've done
    i think i love you better now
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Agreed with above.

The reason I don't smoke, is I dont want to die in a very painful way of lung cancer or another smoking related disease.

So if someone inflicts that upon me, and I die... i may as well have smoked in the first place.

Smokers are murderers. Second hand smoke is their weapon.

Sorry to offend anybody, but when Hitler gased people, it was called murder, well infact it was "Crimes against Humanity"; so why should you get away with gassing us?
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

+1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yes it is good its banned here

BUT i dont think some other country will do it
    because thats where we get are tabacoo from
    and i would not think they would do it there

but you never know

it is a good thing

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yes & no. firstly, i do believe it's a good thing because of the whole second hand smoke issue. people who don't smoke don't deserve to have to sit through it, and get ill over it.
    but i think no because one of the main ideas of implementing the ban that was it would inconviene people who wanted to smoke; so they would quit. however, from what i've seen this isn't the case. smokers get their own sheds and stuff outside now, and they're quite happy to be there since they avoid (quoted from my dad) "the whinging none smokers." from what i can see, it's not really cutting down on smokers, which i imagined that is what they wanted to do because it'd bring the nhs costs down. so i don't see the point.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Put it this way, i don't want to get Cancer because some other idiots choose to smoke infront of me..? Great ban.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Its right, its much better going into a cafe and not having to cope with the smell of smoke, its a dirty smell.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Biogeneric View Post
    Smoking ban is one of the best things this goverment has done in a long time. End of. :8
    No, it isn't 'end of' as you have not considered both sides to the story.

As a smoker, I think the ban is ridulously pointless. We are supposed to live in a 'free country' however the rules and regulations are now proving that we do not.

One thing that I don't agree with, is smoking in a pub/restaurant when people are eating which is fair enough, however before the ban, places had designated areas for smokers which worked fine. I agree, that 2nd hand smoke is a problem however surely there ways of dealing with it.

People will soon begin to realise that the ban is annoying when their taxes goes up. I can't wait for that.
    Post Count Targets
    500, 600, 700, 800, 900, Target=1000
    --
    Habbox.com
    Habboxforum.com
    I am the face behind the Habbo Friends System.
    You can use the Habbo Friends system by clicking here!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast