Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Netgear wireless PCI adapter

Hey guys, I got a new computer for Christmas. It's great, apart from there's no wireless adapter. I'm thinking about buying this one:

http://www.netgear.com/Products/Adap...rs/WG311T.aspx

As far as I can tell (from looking online), to install it you turn the PCs power off, slide the side part of the case off, unscrew one of the PCI slot things and just push that in, then do it all up again. Is that about right?

Also, it says "delivers wireless access to anywhere in your home and boosts your network up to twice the speed". Twice the speed? Are they possibly talking about the max. Mbps it can achieve, not the actual speed of your web? If not I might get the normal Wireless-G, depends what's in the stores when I go down.

Thanks!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Be sure to earth yourself, don't touch the gold contacts, switch power off at the wall and you'll be fine
    Conductor of the Runaway Train of Militant Homosexuality

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yup, installation is that simple

When it means 2x the speed it means for your local network only, not internet

I never earth my self when im messing with my computer, I just make sure I touch the side of the case a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic View Post
    Be sure to earth yourself, don't touch the gold contacts, switch power off at the wall and you'll be fine
    Okey dokey, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ***** View Post
    Yup, installation is that simple

When it means 2x the speed it means for your local network only, not internet

I never earth my self when im messing with my computer, I just make sure I touch the side of the case a lot.
    Ah right, thanks.

I read that it's a good idea to touch something metal to remove static discharge, aka earthing. I'll make sure I do, I don't want to mess up my comp.