Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Does anyone have experience with Utility Warehouse broadband?

Hi, for a while now I've been having trouble with the internet at our house. When using my laptop via a wireless connection, at times I can barely spend half an hour online without being disconnected. Generally, it re-establishes a connection by itself after a few minuites. Doesn't sound too bad I know, but after a while it's extremely frustrating and at the best of times, it only has 3 bars of signal out of 5. Where I am in the house also doesn't affect it much. My brother's laptop can't even get online - even though it says it's connected and everything, it just can't display a webpage. As for my mum's PC, her's is directly wired to the router so she never experiences any difficulties.

The only thing I can put it down to is our ISP which according to my mum (although I had never heard of it), is 'Utility Warehouse'. When I tell her how poor I find it to be, she tells me it's supposed to be the best (in what way exactly I'm not sure, e.g. value/quality etc.) according to 'Which?' and 'The Times' or something lol. That being so, I don't understand what is actually causing the problem. She insists it's due to our area, but I can always pick up around half a dozen signals from our local area and they are generally all pretty strong - often stronger than our own even.

So I thought it might be a good idea to see if anyone on here is familiar with this ISP and see what their experieices with it have been. Also, I was wondering what ISPs other people find to be the best. Just as a side note, when setting up the internet at my student house, I personally found O2 to be the best value and it turned out to be fairly reliable.

Thanks in advance .
    Last edited by Black_Apalachi; 15-07-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm with o2 at home and their broadband is very good and the call centre is in the UK.
    HabboHub.net - Your #1 Habbo: Origins Fansite

Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion
    *oh trust me
    *I would NEVER go ATi
    And 15 mins later...
    Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card £195.73 1 £195.73
    *ordered.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Xarea

Latest Awards:

O2 is probably your best bet - it has won numerous awards for it's speed, customer service and all-round service.

What you're describing sounds like a problem with your router and not your ISP. If a wired connection is fine, therfore it's an issue with the router - losing signal etc. is not the fault of the ISP.

I would invest in a new, more powerful router.
    eek.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Xarea View Post
    O2 is probably your best bet - it has won numerous awards for it's speed, customer service and all-round service.

What you're describing sounds like a problem with your router and not your ISP. If a wired connection is fine, therfore it's an issue with the router - losing signal etc. is not the fault of the ISP.

I would invest in a new, more powerful router.
    Right, thanks both of you for the advice +rep .