HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Should sun-tan beds be legal?

I watched a few programmes about suntan beds and they are saying that they are not at all healthy... they increase your risk of getting cancer by 75%!

In some countries it is BANNED and in some there is an age policy... what should happen in Britain?

EDIT: Sorry for the title it is meant to be allowed instead of legal!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes, there should be age restrictions on sun bed use. But I don't see why they shouldn't be legal as long as there being use properly. I am in favor though of some more legislation.
    Jordan

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JordanB.. View Post
    Yes, there should be age restrictions on sun bed use. But I don't see why they shouldn't be legal as long as there being use properly. I am in favor though of some more legislation.
    Yh... and I think they should actually check the age instead of letting EVERYONE in :rolleyes:

Tokens
    Habbo
    CocoCue

Latest Awards:

They should be banned. I consider people who use them to be sun begs.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not really. It's your choice, aslong as you are told of the risks at the end of the day it's your decision to go with it. I would allow it but I wouldn't allow someone to use it regularly.
    I would find it accepable to use it every 3-6 months only once or just before you go abroad to get a bit of a starter tan.
    But everything in the world gives you cancer, every second you live your at risk of cancer. I am at risk of cancer from typing right now or just sitting here.

Personally, I think tans are stupid and I lack the knowledge of why they are so great. In Portugal you see all these tourists who are white as snow burning to death to get a tan, usually it's the english. I come to England and people are trying to tan still... I think the whole 'getting a dark tan' thing is ridiculous.
    I don't care about my tan, I didn't want to get it deliberately but of course living in Portugal all your life you going to.
    Last edited by efq; 15-09-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yeah the should be allowed, people know the risks and its there fault if anything happens

Tokens
    Habbo
    9y

Latest Awards:

There should be a age restriction and also a way of stopping people overusing them.
    Creator Of RoomCount
    I'm baccccck!

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Keep the age limit to, then it's the adults choice to get on the tan beds and give themselves cancer or not.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Carvalho View Post
    Not really. It's your choice, aslong as you are told of the risks at the end of the day it's your decision to go with it. I would allow it but I wouldn't allow someone to use it regularly.
    I would find it accepable to use it every 3-6 months only once or just before you go abroad to get a bit of a starter tan.
    But everything in the world gives you cancer, every second you live your at risk of cancer. I am at risk of cancer from typing right now or just sitting here.

Personally, I think tans are stupid and I lack the knowledge of why they are so great. In Portugal you see all these tourists who are white as snow burning to death to get a tan, usually it's the english. I come to England and people are trying to tan still... I think the whole 'getting a dark tan' thing is ridiculous.
    I don't care about my tan, I didn't want to get it deliberately but of course living in Portugal all your life you going to.
    Well thats the problem, many people DO NOT know the risks... and they arent told? Surely they could do some advertising or something! Cos hardly anyone knows...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think the people who don't know the risks, haven't been outside in the world. Cancer is played into our heads daily.
    "Wine gives you cancer" next day "Wine reduces the risk of developing cancer"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast