Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The forum

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Default The forum

I'm sick of competitions that make habbox look popular but it really is just spam.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...96#post6756596 competitions like this are just ******ed, when oli was manager I remember there was a big discussion about competitions and pointless posts and I'm pretty sure it wasn't gonna happen again.

The forums gonna look popular but only because people are gonna be spamming it with pointless crap.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I quite agree, and oddly enough the very person who suggested the competiton just PMd me warning me about "pointless posting" when I answered a thread question
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I agree but for a different reason.
    From previous posting competitions, it always felt like Oli wasn't really pleased with the end result (felt like, I didn't ask him :p) as it was really only a couple of people who really went for it (saurav and naughtynemo the first time, muct and samlouise - who both got disqualified lol - during the hxss one) and others who either gave up or posted as normal.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Dray,

You have a point here and i think they need to think about it but i guess they though that it would be best to keep the forum active Also got to see it through their point of view
    lKiz is currently:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

to be honest richie you're turning into saurav

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by wixard View Post
    to be honest richie you're turning into saurav

I am saurav...
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I agree but for a different reason.
    From previous posting competitions, it always felt like Oli wasn't really pleased with the end result (felt like, I didn't ask him :p) as it was really only a couple of people who really went for it (saurav and naughtynemo the first time, muct and samlouise - who both got disqualified lol - during the hxss one) and others who either gave up or posted as normal.
    I'm hoping this will just turn into a passive thing, much like MOTM is. People who post a lot of good posts forum wide will get rewarded. Pointless posts and spam will get picked up on and discounted. We're not encouraging spam, we just feel its a good way to reward the members who post over the entire month. The people who are currently in the lead aren't even people you would expect to be there.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    I'm hoping this will just turn into a passive thing, much like MOTM is. People who post a lot of good posts forum wide will get rewarded. Pointless posts and spam will get picked up on and discounted. We're not encouraging spam, we just feel its a good way to reward the members who post over the entire month. The people who are currently in the lead aren't even people you would expect to be there.
    However most won't really be considered as spam, the users that participate always post on topic but the post just makes no sense and doesn't help.

Will this replace MOTM completely or will MOTM still be running? Also if you don't mind me asking, how were the winners of MOTM chosen?
    Last edited by Calvin; 02-10-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Who cares. If it gets people involved and posting around the forum I see no problem with it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzling View Post
    However most won't really be considered as spam, the users that participate always post on topic but the post just makes no sense and doesn't help.

Will this replace MOTM completely or will MOTM still be running?
    It's an extra category within the MOTM scheme .

----

Noticed your edit. MOTM are nominated by the Moderators of the section, super moderators can pitch ideas too as can management.
    Last edited by Jamesy; 02-10-2010 at 06:29 PM.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast