Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Default Habbox (Forum) Points

I just thought of this idea, although it may take a while to develop and test it'll be worth it I think. Basically, it's like the vBulletin vbExperience addon but maybe a custom one. It's a point system where users earn points and then they can earn points and trade them for either Habbo Furni, rep points, VIP/Donator or anything else you're willing to give away. Obviously the points would have to be high for VIP or it would be worthless. This could also be used to give away real life prizes too.

Users could recieve points for the following:

• Making a post, 1 point for each post?
    • Recieving an award
    • Winning an event/competition
    • Winning a high score on the Arcade
    • A few extra points for purchasing Donator?
    • However many points, like for a competition the prize could be 20 points or whatever

I think if this is introduced, users would actually use the features on the site/forum more frequently as they would want these points to get certain prizes that interest them most.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Mr-Trainor did something like this on his site, people only used it for a while, and they cheated getting points. They also only used it to get a name change, and the points system was later disabled.

Real life prizes? If I won one I wouldn't give my address out to be honest.
    And sorry Calvin I prefer forums without points it's cheesy and boring, as there probably will not be anything worthwhile winning.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

I don't like the idea, as Sam said Luke did this on his site and he got rid of it soon after because It was (in a way) being abused, not being used what it was for and cheating. In the whole this is a good idea, but this doesn't need to be introduced to this forum.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by David Jason View Post
    Mr-Trainor did something like this on his site, people only used it for a while, and they cheated getting points. They also only used it to get a name change, and the points system was later disabled.

Real life prizes? If I won one I wouldn't give my address out to be honest.
    And sorry Calvin I prefer forums without points it's cheesy and boring, as there probably will not be anything worthwhile winning.
    If you don't want to give out your address then that's fine, they could do an option whether to get it delivered to your local post office so you can collect it which only needs your full name or you can choose another prize that interests you most, depends on your trust with Habbox I guess.

How did they cheat to get points, and how was it used not for the original purpose?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Alex3213

Latest Awards:

Sorry, no. It's been suggested many a time and it's too complex (well at least for the competition thing anyway but infact, events even more). Points are too hard to monitor, it's complicated and although it could be done with things like awards, the bigger picture here is that the amount you are suggesting is too hard to do really. Gaining awards for certain points sounds ok though.

Oh and certainly not for posts, even if people get warnings, they'll still be gaining points.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not going to happen. Habbox is already slow as it is and another addon won't help the server.

I am not sure if points system is the answer. The answer is friendly staff and moderators who use common sense and stop acting like a robot.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Oli was going to bring in a points system I think and it probably ended up on 'Jamesy's and Bolt's LIST OF INSTRUCTIONS love Oli' list when he resigned.

However, the competitions department will be sticking to their currency of Habbo furni/rep and VIP just for simplicity reasons. Although we wouldn't begrudge any other department that wished to bring this in, we just wouldn't take part in it (just in reply to the 'winning a competition' suggestion).

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Alex3213 View Post
    Sorry, no. It's been suggested many a time and it's too complex (well at least for the competition thing anyway but infact, events even more). Points are too hard to monitor, it's complicated and although it could be done with things like awards, the bigger picture here is that the amount you are suggesting is too hard to do really. Gaining awards for certain points sounds ok though.

Oh and certainly not for posts, even if people get warnings, they'll still be gaining points.
    I agree that it will be hard to monitor the events and competitions points, perhaps just for posting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Not going to happen. Habbox is already slow as it is and another addon won't help the server.

I am not sure if points system is the answer. The answer is friendly staff and moderators who use common sense and stop acting like a robot.
    What do you mean by "stop acting like a robot"?

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    Oli was going to bring in a points system I think and it probably ended up on 'Jamesy's and Bolt's LIST OF INSTRUCTIONS love Oli' list when he resigned.

However, the competitions department will be sticking to their currency of Habbo furni/rep and VIP just for simplicity reasons. Although we wouldn't begrudge any other department that wished to bring this in, we just wouldn't take part in it (just in reply to the 'winning a competition' suggestion).
    Fair enough.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    First I've heard of this actually, do you have the thread it came from?
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzling View Post
    I agree that it will be hard to monitor the events and competitions points, perhaps just for posting etc.

What do you mean by "stop acting like a robot"?

Fair enough.
    They don't look at why someone said something. They look for specific stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast