HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think this is one battle mods can't seem to win. Formal, less formal, nah now you're not formal enough. PM, nah PMs are too formal, VMs are better, nah VMs are too public. There are so many directions that mods are being pulled in that it's probably better if they just went back to the beginning and started again.

Personally, I think mod PMs should increase in 'formality' as the PMs go on. First rulebreaks/new members = not very formal. Second = a bit more formal but still fairly informal. Third = formal

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I think this is one battle mods can't seem to win. Formal, less formal, nah now you're not formal enough. PM, nah PMs are too formal, VMs are better, nah VMs are too public. There are so many directions that mods are being pulled in that it's probably better if they just went back to the beginning and started again.

Personally, I think mod PMs should increase in 'formality' as the PMs go on. First rulebreaks/new members = not very formal. Second = a bit more formal but still fairly informal. Third = formal
    That's how it should be working at the moment, it's certainly the system I put in place as Forum Manager and it is what it says in the mod guide, moderators are also instructed to be more formal for serious rule breaking and less formal for say a pointless post.

The system of using a visitor message to alert a member of a thread being moved is mainly to show the member that there's nothing wrong in posting in the wrong place, as a lot of people when they recieve PMs think it is a punishment when really it's just a moderator being helpful.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    That's how it should be working at the moment
    Yeah I don't think it's changed tbh but 'formality' is such a subjective term.
    Last edited by Inseriousity.; 19-11-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    Yeah I don't think it's changed tbh but 'formality' is such a subjective term.
    I completely agree, for instance the PM style Josh suggested in this thread, I know members who would be quite pissed at recieving a PM like that.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    I completely agree, for instance the PM style Josh suggested in this thread, I know members who would be quite pissed at recieving a PM like that.
    That wasn't completely a suggestion. That was basically a PM sent to me. I found it fairly relaxed and wasn't annoyed by it at all.
    r.i.p.

Tokens
    Habbo
    triston220

Latest Awards:

I would rather receive a friendly message, at the moment the messages have no emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaaaack! View Post
    See, however much I want this, my girlfriend uses my PC too much, and I would be killed.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Negh, i personally think the mod messages are too long. I got told off for my PMs being too short when i was a mod, but is that really a bad thing? I explained the rule they broke, no need to be so formal and be like "YES YOU BROKE SECTION A12 OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT RARARARARARAR", and it essentially got the job done in a more friendly way. Not sure what the people who received them thought of them but i personally thought they were a lot nicer than the stuff id received before.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

A lot of the points in here are really just nit picking. We give the moderators a lot of freedom in what they PM as long as it contains the relevant information. You only have to read it once and then you either keep it or delete it. PMs are going to differ from person to person and how they are perceived.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mrs.McCall

Latest Awards:

Yeah I think this is a bit much on Mods. They can't win. I would much prefer a nice VM to let me know I posted in the wrong place. It's just a friendly message. I understand this is feedback and each to their own but they do so much work, give 'em a break.

Mrs.McCall - I'm out of this world.

Read all about me

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Can we just go back to the tried and tested:

Dear Buffoon,

You broke this extremely naughty rule here, for this I have written a strongly worded usernote and I'm going to bite your bloomin' head off because you're wasting my time.

This better not happen again or I'll have to write a strongly worded letter to your mother as to why you had to be removed from the forum for five minutes. If this happens further times I will release the attack dogs and they now insta-kill so there's no second chances!

Yours,
    Asshat, Forum Super Moderator aka 'Your Pimp'

It was so much simpler..

p.s. you'll never win, I assure you of this.
    Last edited by Chippiewill; 19-11-2010 at 10:19 PM.
    Chippiewill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast