Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Thread: vB Why?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zuth

Latest Awards:

Exclamation vB Why?

Hey there,

Why does vBulletin break so easily, I go on many vB forums and most of them, most of the time always have database errors! Why? Also I'm thinking of buying vB but the database errors are putting me off. Does anyone know why it happened and how to stop it?

RIP Grandad - Click here to see my Dads Subaru Impreza WRX STI in action!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The database errors aren't usually anything to do with vBulletin, it's generally a server or MySQL issue.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jamesy...

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
    The database errors aren't usually anything to do with vBulletin, it's generally a server or MySQL issue.
    What Tom has said basically. The amount of queries that forum software has to run - especially on busy sites - can often produce errors if the servers are not up to it or there is an error.

The other way DB errors occur are when custom modifications break.
    Ex-janitor. Might pop in from time to time, otherwise you can grab all my information from http://jamesy.me.uk/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Also, If you're worried you could use something like MySQLi to speed the process up.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Just get an Invision Power Board. It's basically vBulletin, but 5 years in the future. It runs smoother, has decent modifications, a good admin control panel and so many bog-standard tools. vBulletin seems to always be picked, but I have no idea why :/

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Jin:

Latest Awards:

I think its largely because vBulletin have a greater share of the market. I have never tried IPB would like to some day as well as xenforo.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Just get an Invision Power Board. It's basically vBulletin, but 5 years in the future. It runs smoother, has decent modifications, a good admin control panel and so many bog-standard tools. vBulletin seems to always be picked, but I have no idea why :/
    True that, IPB is leagues ahead of vB.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

MyBB and PhpBB are excellent free alternatives. I have seen some excellent and reliable MyBB forums.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.