HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Default Viewable areas for non-members

Apparently Spam's been made invisible if you're not logged in now, might I ask what other forums (if any) have similar restrictions and why? It doesn't bother me personally as obviously I am a member, but it looks like we're going the way of "register to view" if more are going to be hidden, and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of intelligent members and staff have advocated against such a thing happening for the past few years, so just wanted to check that we're not suddenly going against common sense and driving traffic away
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I believe it is just spam so that people cannot just log out to view it if cautioned.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Jin contacted Forum Management yesterday asking for every forum bar staff forums, complaints, spam and become a Habbox Donator be visible to unregistered users. This was something to do with search engines indexing the content, so several other forums which weren't viewable before are now viewable and the spam forum and become habbox donator forum have been hidden.

This isn't a ploy to get people to sign up.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Fair enough, I'd have thought having search engines index spam would give us a load more traffic and all that but I'm not an expert on such things so guessing Jin knows what he's on about although does that mean papoy is now viewable by guests? I thought that was deemed a paedophile security issue or something
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

i logged out and post a picture is visible for non-members. are you keeping it like that? cause it was hidden for a rason...

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

PAPOY was hidden for a reason yes but I don't think it was hidden with very good justification, there's nothing stopping a paedophile signing up to this forum whether they are aware of us having a picture thread or not.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

jin obviously just has a vendetta against graham and wants him to end his life
    which he will if he can't view spam

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    PAPOY was hidden for a reason yes but I don't think it was hidden with very good justification, there's nothing stopping a paedophile signing up to this forum whether they are aware of us having a picture thread or not.
    So it's not hidden now? Thank you, it was annoying if I ever went on a device other than my laptop if I wanted to see a Chibi post.

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Jin:

Latest Awards:

Reason why spam was hidden is that search engines have the tendency to skip over things which hit whatever thresholds they set for things marked as "spam". It really is entirely about SEO though I was unfamiliar that PAPOY was in the photography forum of graphics ideally that should be hidden, we will have to see what we do about that it might mean moving it into spam.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

papoy just gets spammed anyway tbh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast