Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Good way to stop edited files on websites being overwritten?

I'm not sure if Habbox has this issue but I have a few technical people, coders and web designers.

One issue I get from this is that if someone works on a page and uploads it, someone else may be testing something out on that same page and may upload the page, not knowing someone had done anything.

Is there an easy way to prevent this? The easiest way I can think of is probably a folder with updated files, which the users can check before doing any work on their files.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not sure how well it'd work but subversion allows for this, you checkout the latest repo before editing, then when finished you checkout the latest repo again to check if anyone has changed it and then you submit the changes if no one has (If a file you've edited as already been edited on the repo it'll inform you and you can work to merge the files).

Not entirely sure how you'd make this mesh with a web server but I'm sure it's possible to make work.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Use dreamweaver to upload the files automatically via ftp on save. Get them to use "check out" & "check in" to lock and open files when they're using them etc...

Lew.
    Im not here to be loved, I love to be hated :-}

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Use source control (e.g. Git).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

cheers will have a look