Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Default Talk about removing free trade

Hey,
    There has been talk about the free trade being removed again. If it did happen would you be furious or would it not be a huge change for you? I hate how users blame Jagex for removing the wild like it's all their fault. If people didn't bot and ruin the ******* game they wouldn't have to.

My opinion on botting has changed allot recently, I used to have the attitude "who cares its only a game let them bot" when you think about it though it really is pointless. People get a kick out of pking but at the end of the day the aim of the game is to train your skills.

Some things would be annoying for me such as pking and lending my ags for cash every so often but i'd actually prefer if they put a cap on it again. I miss when everything felt like an achievement, I got 99 magic but didn't feel that achieved even though I put hours into that and mainly because people aren't really that bothered any more, people just bot stuff like magic.

How annoyed would you be if they put a cap on it again?
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

id be very annoyed. i found the old system insulting. the max profit i could get out of someone as an f2p is 10k.. and thats only if the max profit the other person got was also 10k or it'd have to be less. its silly! luckily, not being much of a trader, it didnt effect me as much but when i did trade, it used to annoy me.

yes there are bots but the majority are legitimate players and it would be a shame to ruin their gameplay to tackle a minority. in other words, jagex should start proving they have the power to tackle these bots.
    Last edited by Inseriousity.; 22-06-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i would be happy. money is too easy to obtain these days.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    id be very annoyed. i found the old system insulting. the max profit i could get out of someone as an f2p is 10k.. and thats only if the max profit the other person got was also 10k or it'd have to be less. its silly! luckily, not being much of a trader, it didnt effect me as much but when i did trade, it used to annoy me.

yes there are bots but the majority are legitimate players and it would be a shame to ruin their gameplay to tackle a minority. in other words, jagex should start proving they have the power to tackle these bots.

I reckon 75% of the game bot / real world trade
    Last edited by Richie; 22-06-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Bots aren't ruining the game at all, if anything they're making it easier for the legit players by lowering the price of every single resource. If you play legit then I don't really understand how bots are going to prevent you from doing so? It's not all about money you know! Besides, most of you guys buy your rs cash anyways lol.

I could care less either way as trading isn't really a huge part of my playing style.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Bots aren't ruining the game at all, if anything they're making it easier for the legit players by lowering the price of every single resource. If you play legit then I don't really understand how bots are going to prevent you from doing so? It's not all about money you know! Besides, most of you guys buy your rs cash anyways lol.

I could care less either way as trading isn't really a huge part of my playing style.

Which is fair enough but skills are becoming pointless and I'd prefer to buy my items at a higher price that way it's more of a challenge. Plus skills like woodcutting and fishing that people got legit is pointless, you don't make much cash off it anymore.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    sportstarbabe

Latest Awards:

I would rather Jagex work on removing the bots. I like free trade - I enjoy the freedom of being able to give items to friends which aren't lendable and paying whatever price I want for items rather than being limited by a max and min price. Bots do reduce the cost of raw materials - frost dragon bones have fallen quite a bit now. But they also make it more difficult to train as you're competing for resources - I used to make a lot of cash from frost dragons, now it's impossible to find a free world. Of course that's partly due to more people getting 85 DG, but I'm quite sure some of them are bots as well. Just go to black demons in Taverly Dungeon or turoths in the slayer cave and you'll find that most of the people there are all wearing exactly the same outfit, with the exact same weapon.

Jagex said that they would be able to control the bots if free trade returned - that's why I voted yes. I just hope they are actually doing something to ban the bots.
    Last edited by MJJ; 22-06-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Honesty

Latest Awards:

As Amy said, I'd rather they try and clear the bots rather than disabling free trade once again. It would clear a lot of bots out if they did get rid of free trade, but there's still going to be many botting with or without free trade. The resources are probably at the lowest they've been for awhile, but again as Amy said it makes training any skill hard to do. I went to a random world to raise my woodcutting with yews and tried at least 8 different worlds, all full of bots. Same with the dungeon resource mine, bots cover the rune part of it and it's just really annoying.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

Bots are not making the game better, nor are they ruining it completely. Resources might be cheaper but that only means it's harder for legit players to train and make money by training resource skills such as mining, fishing, wcing etc.
    Botters change the economy. It's in a terrible state at the moment. Without botters, prices of things will rise of course, but it would soon even out. We don't need bots. The economy and the game was perfectly fine (better, IMO) before we had this many bots (there were still bots back in the day but no where near as many as today).

I agree with what others have said - I think Jagex should work on preventing botting. I've previously done some research on botters/botting programs (although I have never botted), it seems that every time jagex update the game, the bots stop working temporarily... I think if Jagex updated the game every day, or every other day, it might get rid of a few.

I've also read that Jagex have taken legal action against one botting company and they've been ordered to give Jagex all the information about how the bot works by the end of July, so maybe Jagex can use this information to prevent botters... Or at least catch them.

I don't PK, merch or RWT so it doesn't really effect me... But I like having the option to do those things, it just didn't feel right with the trade limit.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Rashelly View Post
    Bots are not making the game better, nor are they ruining it completely. Resources might be cheaper but that only means it's harder for legit players to train and make money by training resource skills such as mining, fishing, wcing etc.
    Botters change the economy. It's in a terrible state at the moment. Without botters, prices of things will rise of course, but it would soon even out. We don't need bots. The economy and the game was perfectly fine (better, IMO) before we had this many bots (there were still bots back in the day but no where near as many as today).

I agree with what others have said - I think Jagex should work on preventing botting. I've previously done some research on botters/botting programs (although I have never botted), it seems that every time jagex update the game, the bots stop working temporarily... I think if Jagex updated the game every day, or every other day, it might get rid of a few.

I've also read that Jagex have taken legal action against one botting company and they've been ordered to give Jagex all the information about how the bot works by the end of July, so maybe Jagex can use this information to prevent botters... Or at least catch them.

I don't PK, merch or RWT so it doesn't really effect me... But I like having the option to do those things, it just didn't feel right with the trade limit.

This post is so down to earth and as for the bold point if that's true I can't bloody wait that way all bots would stop for some time (until they find another method) and people could still trade without a limit.
    ofwgktadgaf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast