Win BIG with HabboxStarz!
Show off your musical talent in our old skool singing competition! Big prizes to be won!
HxSS Awards winners and final standings!
It's all done! Click here to see the big big winners from this year's tournament, and the fan favourites for the awards!
Check out HabboxWiki!
The biggest and best archive of all things Habbo - could YOU be our next top editor?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panic Attacks

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Panic Attacks

Hey guys,
    A friend of mine is having panic attacks and wants to know how to deal with them.
    They are sick of going the doctors because they don't get answers and they feel like they have exhausted online info.
    I can't help because I've never had one, or know of anyone that has had one so I was wondering if anyone here at Habbox could shed some light on the situation?

Ever so grateful and +rep for those who do

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Nick

Latest Awards:

Tell him to think of everything what could go wrong and what he can do to solve it! Sometimes it can work sometimes not!

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Nick is harmless and he's not a bad person after you have spoken to him a few times.
    Last +REP from: Kardan

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've had very few panic attacks before and the only thing that's ever worked for me (even though this is advice given a lot) is to slow down your breathing. Breathing much slowly will actually help and will calm them down - it's one of the best things you can do in any stressful or panicky (inc panic attacks) situation.
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Put into my own words bits that I've read from the NHS before.

You need to tell yourself your self that this is not going to happen. Keep yourself occupied when you think one is coming. Confront the fear, if you do that, you then realise that nothing is actually going to happen, and if you don't do this, you're always going to think something is.

In more serious scenarios you can get prescriped anti-depressants, although doing regular exercise can help prevent them as this relieves tension and manage stress.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

just gonna say what i say in every panic attack thread

easy root is benzos! depends on the doctor though plus if you're young most doctors will expect you to abuse them for some reason but worth a try if they're bad x1000

also tell your friend not to go near antidepressants

Tokens
    Habbo
    vls

Latest Awards:

get that spray that u spray into ur mouth

Tokens

Hey, your friend is probably suffering with Anxiety and depression, here is some more info.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Anxiety...roduction.aspx

Thanks

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

i get them far more often than is probably healthy :/

The only thing that's ever worked for me is meditation, sounds a bit weird but jsut sitting calmly focusing on breathing is the best thing for it...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

contact dr melfi
    get some prozac

Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

I don't have panic attacks but i tend to stress about things too much. That often means i have too much time on my hands to think of the things that could go wrong. Maybe if they can do something to get their mind off the anxiety? If i keep busy then i tend to forget about the things that I worry about (although when i go to bed it starts again lol).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast