PDA

View Full Version : [TV] Doctor Who - Season 7 Thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3

iBlueBox
24-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Right. With all the rumours and pictures and news coming from Doctor Who while filming series 7. Thought we'll have a thread like last year to discuss all.

So we know who the new companion is

here's a trailer for series 7!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrb20e841-c&feature=youtu.be

dbgtz
24-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Was that a dalek eyestalk floating at the end? Also not to be a ****, but what is with Moffats obsession with America? Trailer on the whole though looks pretty decent.

iBlueBox
24-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Was that a dalek eyestalk floating at the end? Also not to be a ****, but what is with Moffats obsession with America? Trailer on the whole though looks pretty decent.

Yep was a Dalek Eye stalk! Reminded me of R2-D2.
I think it's because they want to make it more appealing with Americans. It started to get really pushed in America since Moffat taking over with bigger audiences.

Some one posted this on a DW forum thought it was really intresting

Theory: In episode 5, both Ponds are caught by Weeping Angels in New York and sent back in time -- to about 1969. There will probably be a heroic moment -- say, Rory leaps to save Amy, thus getting caught by the Angel; and then Amy hurls herself at the Angel because she wants to she wants to save Rory or live out her life with him. Once back in 1969 New York, they track down young Melody Pond, and rescue her from the streets. This results in a separate timestream in which the Ponds live happily-ever-after with their daughter who never grows up to be River Song. This takes the Ponds out of the show; "kills" them in the show's prime timestream; and gives them a happy ending in another timestream. It also makes it entirely possible to bring them back through some warping of time streams if desired.

Accipiter
24-03-2012, 07:47 PM
At the above, being touched by an angel for rory & amy isn't really much, unless the doctor himself was touched and trapped without the tardis.

Otherwise the Doctor would just say "are you ******* stupid, brb flying my tardis back to 1969" / or the ponds would just send out a message to the doctor which he'd likely receive in time to save them o_o

At the video, it is really going quite cinematic, the quality and effort put into the style of it is getting a little to perfect! Doctor Who was unique for its perfect mess, not its perfect, perfecting!? At the end that guy also looks like a human that has adapted Dalek technology, it looked like his arm was built of the eye stalk, that or I caught it wrong!

The new companion comes back in the christmas special, is the series running over christmas?

Aiden
24-03-2012, 07:52 PM
I love dr who and can't waits for the new series! Gotta be the best show on bbc. And the rest of the world

iBlueBox
24-03-2012, 09:37 PM
At the above, being touched by an angel for rory & amy isn't really much, unless the doctor himself was touched and trapped without the tardis.

Otherwise the Doctor would just say "are you ******* stupid, brb flying my tardis back to 1969" / or the ponds would just send out a message to the doctor which he'd likely receive in time to save them o_o

At the video, it is really going quite cinematic, the quality and effort put into the style of it is getting a little to perfect! Doctor Who was unique for its perfect mess, not its perfect, perfecting!? At the end that guy also looks like a human that has adapted Dalek technology, it looked like his arm was built of the eye stalk, that or I caught it wrong!

The new companion comes back in the christmas special, is the series running over christmas?

Well to be honest a lot of the episodes last year fans felt some of them were 'weak' So Moffat having no two parters this series all single episodes. He's said he wants every episode to be a 'block buster' in every episode.

Oh and new companion is introduced at christmas at the end of the episode I think and starts on the following year.

We do know that six episodes will this year starting in autumn. Five episodes with the ponds. Christmas special then rest of series 7 of like 8 episodes in 2013 the 50th.

peteyt
25-03-2012, 04:54 AM
There is someone who looks a lot like William Hartnell - obviously sadly william is dead but I wonder if this could just be a coincidence or maybe another doctor

iBlueBox
25-03-2012, 09:10 AM
There is someone who looks a lot like William Hartnell - obviously sadly william is dead but I wonder if this could just be a coincidence or maybe another doctor

Yea, a few have noticed that. It's David Bradley who played the care taker in Harry Potter no ones sure of his role yet.

also, Episode 5 of Doctor Who Amy and Rory's finale episode to be filmed in New York.

- We know they'll encounter the weeping angels.
- Also, isn't one of the most famous statues in new york?

Ellz
25-03-2012, 09:23 AM
this series looks amazing!! i'm just happy karen gillan is still in it for a while <3

dbgtz
25-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Yea, a few have noticed that. It's David Bradley who played the care taker in Harry Potter no ones sure of his role yet.

also, Episode 5 of Doctor Who Amy and Rory's finale episode to be filmed in New York.

- We know they'll encounter the weeping angels.
- Also, isn't one of the most famous statues in new york?

And in France :3 But yeah, that would be an interesting spin if Lady Liberty was to be an angel, would probably cost a **** load to do too.

Tom
25-03-2012, 10:00 AM
And in France :3 But yeah, that would be an interesting spin if Lady Liberty was to be an angel, would probably cost a **** load to do too.

But we know how far the DW team like to go in terms of making viewers happy ;)

Really can't wait for Season 7 - can't believe though it doesn't start in Spring as it's done traditionally. :(

Ellz
25-03-2012, 10:03 AM

Really can't wait for Season 7 - can't believe though it doesn't start in Spring as it's done traditionally. :(

Ikr but aren't they starting it in autumn so that the chritmas special is sorta like in the middle of the season instead of at the end?

Tom
25-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Ikr but aren't they starting it in autumn so that the chritmas special is sorta like in the middle of the season instead of at the end?

I would imagine so, but I still think it's stupid. :(

Ellz
25-03-2012, 10:21 AM
I would imagine so, but I still think it's stupid. :(

i suppose it is but still, there isnt anything we can do about it! :(

iBlueBox
25-03-2012, 11:02 AM

I think It make's a bit more sense. The reason why it's autumn is because The Moff believed that Doctor Who is better on a cold autumn night because it gets darker a lot quicker. Plus in spring he felt that it's to warm outside and with it being warm kids are out more meaning less viewers.

Jazz
25-03-2012, 05:12 PM
I don't like doctor who, but the trailer looks grand :-)

dbgtz
25-03-2012, 06:41 PM
I think It make's a bit more sense. The reason why it's autumn is because The Moff believed that Doctor Who is better on a cold autumn night because it gets darker a lot quicker. Plus in spring he felt that it's to warm outside and with it being warm kids are out more meaning less viewers.

I suppose he's quite right in some respect. Infact in that sense it's better, it's just annoying having to wait longer :P I hope the split in the series isn't a massive amount of time.

iBlueBox
25-03-2012, 07:09 PM
I suppose he's quite right in some respect. Infact in that sense it's better, it's just annoying having to wait longer :P I hope the split in the series isn't a massive amount of time.

Yeah totally. You can see where he's coming from would rather watch Doctor Who in the dark then broad daylight!

Also The TARDIS has had a small few changes for Series 7! They've added an extra wall!

http://360.io/xqUnKw < panoramic view of the TARDIS. It's the wall what look's like a spiders web.

Tom
25-03-2012, 07:26 PM

But I think Doctor Who has that summery kind of theme to it, I don't know - could just be what I'm used to.

peteyt
26-03-2012, 02:47 AM
But I think Doctor Who has that summery kind of theme to it, I don't know - could just be what I'm used to.

I think it might help with the ratings as people complained about them last series. However I always usually watch on iPlayer as I'm always working but now I have a sky+ box I'll probably be recording it onto there to watch on my new TV.

I wonder if they would really go for the lady liberty thing - I'm thinking cost wise I mean the BBC had to get rid of confidential and Moffat seems to be building up for the 50th.

iBlueBox
26-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Trailer now in much better quality!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iwoRA2Cas&amp;feature=player_embedded

peteyt
26-03-2012, 03:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iwoRA2Cas&amp;feature=player_embedded

Dam I want it to be winter again

Chris
26-03-2012, 05:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iwoRA2Cas&feature=player_embedded

Woo thats got me excited! :D I'm interested to find out what the dalek bit is all about.

iBlueBox
30-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Update!

Older Daleks are coming back to Doctor Who! Along with the paradigm Daleks from Series 5! The Doctor Who website gave a few hints and said '' The Daleks are being wheeled before the cameras once again. But which design? The answer is ALL OF THEM! ''

Here's some pictures they posted:
http://static.bbc.co.uk/images/ic/qe/crop/626x352/doctorwho/news/bulletins/dalek_bulletin_300312/bulletin_120330_02_01.jpg
http://static.bbc.co.uk/images/ic/qe/crop/626x352/doctorwho/news/bulletins/dalek_bulletin_300312/bulletin_120330_02_02.jpghttp://static.bbc.co.uk/images/ic/qe/crop/626x352/doctorwho/news/bulletins/dalek_bulletin_300312/bulletin_120330_02_03.jpg

Inseriousity.
30-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Hopefully they'll admit they made a mistake and the old daleks will exterminate the new skittles-daleks... yeah highly unlikely but I can hope :D

Chris
30-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Hopefully they'll admit they made a mistake and the old daleks will exterminate the new skittles-daleks... yeah highly unlikely but I can hope :D

Yes ahah I wish that would happen too. I don't find the new ones scary at all, they're all colourful and nice looking :(

iBlueBox
30-03-2012, 03:55 PM

The new Daleks are amazing I think. Since the beginning of them in Victory of The Daleks It was never planned to replace the Daleks before but to give them a more sense of ranks and importance.

If you ever get the chance to go see one in real life go and see one! They look so much better of screen.

Inseriousity.
30-03-2012, 04:00 PM
lol yeah but it's on screen that I watch them and they look stupid. :P

Andii
30-03-2012, 06:51 PM
this series looks amazing!! i'm just happy karen gillan is still in it for a while <3

sames i love these series with amy and rory they have been the best i think :)

iBlueBox
30-03-2012, 07:51 PM
David Yates on the Doctor Who 'movie'

Yes, I'm definitely doing a Doctor Who movie, but I think where everyone got confused was that we're not making it for five years, or six years – it's a very slow development. I've got projects backed up between now and about 2015, and it's something I'm very passionate and excited about.

Steven Moffat (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steven-Moffat/107984912557776)’s a genius. I love his work, I think he’s incredibly clever. I love what he's done with Doctor Who, love his Sherlock (https://www.facebook.com/ModernSherlock) Holmes. He's such a gifted man. But this is something that's a very slow burn and I'm hoping to sit down with him at some point and have a chat. It's just something that we’ve been talking about for a little while. (and on the continuity issues raised) That's all to be discussed. Because it's five or six years from now. It's weird because … what will the series be like in five or six years? But I'm very excited about it, very excited about that world

peteyt
31-03-2012, 02:48 AM
David Yates on the Doctor Who 'movie'

Yes, I'm definitely doing a Doctor Who movie, but I think where everyone got confused was that we're not making it for five years, or six years – it's a very slow development. I've got projects backed up between now and about 2015, and it's something I'm very passionate and excited about.

Steven Moffat (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steven-Moffat/107984912557776)’s a genius. I love his work, I think he’s incredibly clever. I love what he's done with Doctor Who, love his Sherlock (https://www.facebook.com/ModernSherlock) Holmes. He's such a gifted man. But this is something that's a very slow burn and I'm hoping to sit down with him at some point and have a chat. It's just something that we’ve been talking about for a little while. (and on the continuity issues raised) That's all to be discussed. Because it's five or six years from now. It's weird because … what will the series be like in five or six years? But I'm very excited about it, very excited about that world

Yates said that if a film happened it wouldn't follow the series and would be a different doctor. Moffat has said the opposite - it will follow the series and have the current doctor at the time of making - I hope Moffat is right but surely the BBC wouldn't give the rights out any ways.

iBlueBox
31-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Yates said that if a film happened it wouldn't follow the series and would be a different doctor. Moffat has said the opposite - it will follow the series and have the current doctor at the time of making - I hope Moffat is right but surely the BBC wouldn't give the rights out any ways.

If their was ever a Doctor Who movie the only way it could work would be to have the team down in cardiff with it. They'd have to use the same TARDIS set, same Doctor and would have to relate to the series. I mean from all previous experiences a Doctor Who movie hasn't worked, the Peter Crushing Dalek ones, and Paul McGan as The Doctor.

Ellz
31-03-2012, 08:49 AM
sames i love these series with amy and rory they have been the best i think :)

yeah they have! it will be sad to see them go!

iBlueBox
01-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Moffat tweeted this.

'' Matt Smith likes the sixties Dalek best'
' http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/matt-gillan-dalek-63.jpg

peteyt
02-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Moffat tweeted this.

'' Matt Smith likes the sixties Dalek best'
' http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/matt-gillan-dalek-63.jpg

If they are bringing classic daleks I wonder if eventually we will see the dalek fractions

Pigperson
02-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Omg that looked epic, I actually can't wait. It's kinda a bitter sweet moment when Karen Gillan leaves tbh cos she was amazing but it's gonna be a big ending. I am so looking forward to it :D

Will

peteyt
11-04-2012, 11:58 PM
I have an idea of what would make the 50th really go out with a bang - For anyone who knows classic who the doctor appears to have a grand daughter called Susan who he leaves in future earth after a failed invasion by the Daleks (the actual relationship between the two is never fully mentioned) - Someone mentioned the new assistant will be playing susan - that would be interesting.

iBlueBox
12-04-2012, 01:36 PM
I have an idea of what would make the 50th really go out with a bang - For anyone who knows classic who the doctor appears to have a grand daughter called Susan who he leaves in future earth after a failed invasion by the Daleks (the actual relationship between the two is never fully mentioned) - Someone mentioned the new assistant will be playing susan - that would be interesting.

I loved Susans Departure one of William Hartnells Finest moments as The Doctor. But I would love to see her come back. But I would't really want the new companion to be her. I'ld much rather see a really good new companion.

Also, River's back fro Amy & Rorys finale episode in New York,

In the spoilers is believed to be pictures from Amy & Rory's finale scenes with the Doctor in Central Park:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/11/article-0-128CDE67000005DC-547_634x384.jpghttp://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/11/article-2128291-128CF6F0000005DC-440_634x749.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/11/article-2128291-128D09BB000005DC-283_634x463.jpg

peteyt
12-04-2012, 02:13 PM
I loved Susans Departure one of William Hartnells Finest moments as The Doctor. But I would love to see her come back. But I would't really want the new companion to be her. I'ld much rather see a really good new companion.

Also, River's back fro Amy & Rorys finale episode in New York,

In the spoilers is believed to be pictures from Amy & Rory's finale scenes with the Doctor in Central Park:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/11/article-0-128CDE67000005DC-547_634x384.jpghttp://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/11/article-2128291-128CF6F0000005DC-440_634x749.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/11/article-2128291-128D09BB000005DC-283_634x463.jpg

So they may survive at least. I suppose it means they could pop up sometime in the future - I had the feeling something massive would happen.

Yeah I'd rather Susan came back as a one off e.g. the 50th anniversary. I just don't want Rose back. The character was okay in series 1 but became too emotional to the doctor and kind of felt to me like a spoilt teen getting her own way - she ended up getting a doctor in the end one that will grow old with her, too fairytale for me when considering the usual outcome for assistants.

My main problem however is how people feel she is special - its open to opinions but for me she's just one of the many assistants and there have been plenty better yet fans think she's the ultimate assistant, the one true assistant and if they had it their own way the 50th anniversary would probably revolve around her. Bringing Susan back instead would make more sense as it would fit with the "Doctor Who" question, as maybe susan could shed some light.

iBlueBox
12-04-2012, 03:23 PM
So they may survive at least. I suppose it means they could pop up sometime in the future - I had the feeling something massive would happen.

Yeah I'd rather Susan came back as a one off e.g. the 50th anniversary. I just don't want Rose back. The character was okay in series 1 but became too emotional to the doctor and kind of felt to me like a spoilt teen getting her own way - she ended up getting a doctor in the end one that will grow old with her, too fairytale for me when considering the usual outcome for assistants.

My main problem however is how people feel she is special - its open to opinions but for me she's just one of the many assistants and there have been plenty better yet fans think she's the ultimate assistant, the one true assistant and if they had it their own way the 50th anniversary would probably revolve around her. Bringing Susan back instead would make more sense as it would fit with the "Doctor Who" question, as maybe susan could shed some light.

It's been rumoured they get zapped in the past to new york by an angel to live out the rest with of their lives.

I would really love for Susan to come back, just to kind of show how much the show has changed and where it's origins are from. I think the majority of fans of their wish list is all 11 Doc's in one story, even if it's done by old shots of the first three docs, or being re-acted or still an animation with voice work.

Personally I would love to see Ace back.

peteyt
13-04-2012, 02:41 AM
It's been rumoured they get zapped in the past to new york by an angel to live out the rest with of their lives.

I would really love for Susan to come back, just to kind of show how much the show has changed and where it's origins are from. I think the majority of fans of their wish list is all 11 Doc's in one story, even if it's done by old shots of the first three docs, or being re-acted or still an animation with voice work.

Personally I would love to see Ace back.

I've heard about that but the doctor has a time machine so he could easily take them back to their own time. I dunno, seems kind of a cop out

peteyt
23-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Just read this possible spoiler about Rory - It looks like it could be real:

Rory is sent back in time by the angels but as the doctor and Amy go to find him they arrive too late and he has aged considerably eventually dying soon after

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-7-filming-big-rory-spoilers-33020.htm

iBlueBox
09-06-2012, 11:09 AM
erm...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/255449_420244644681948_979042521_n.jpg

luce
14-06-2012, 04:40 PM
So basically they're doing to the ponds what they did to Rose and family, send them somewhere in another parallel universe to live happily ever after and if they ever need them agian, bam, there they are.

They do it to all the best.

However what actually is the river song story line, i missed it and never got it.

dbgtz
14-06-2012, 05:13 PM
So basically they're doing to the ponds what they did to Rose and family, send them somewhere in another parallel universe to live happily ever after and if they ever need them agian, bam, there they are.

They do it to all the best.

However what actually is the river song story line, i missed it and never got it.

Fortunately I think Karen said she wouldn't return. Though I guess the scenario could be different if she becomes desperate for work.

Anyway with River I'll go over keypoints.
First appearance with David and everyones like yay awesome I can't wait to find out more.
Comes back with Matt as the Doctor to fight against weeping angels, yeah not bad I guess.
Is pretty much the whole focus of series 7 where she is ultimately shown in what was a very predictably story to be Amy and Rorys child in what could be described at the most boring and easy idea that a chimp could have written. Seriously, you would expect something a bit bigger from her initial appearance than the child of an ex prostitute. Oh she also marries the Doctor which somehow saves the world.

luce
14-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Oh that's awful I think my favorite story line ever has to be bad wolf but that's only because Billie was in it and I won't have a word said against her.

rubuter1
14-06-2012, 09:02 PM
This looks brilliant I can't wait to watch it! The dalek eye also reminded me of r2-d2 lol. I honestly can't wait to see it!

peteyt
15-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Oh that's awful I think my favorite story line ever has to be bad wolf but that's only because Billie was in it and I won't have a word said against her.

Sorry but Rose was the worst assistant at least in new who. Her first series was good with the bad wolf and Eccleston as the doctor, a doctor I find quite underrated I must add. However she became the most annoying assistant when they kept showing the loving side between her and the doctor and it got to much that when she actually left the show Tennant's doctor turned into an over the top whining emo type doctor. We even got the ultimate cop out in the end where she somehow got the fairytale ending by getting a half timelord version of the doctor who would age and die with her, yet again showing how uncaring she was to others but herself as she threw Mickey away once again.

I think the problem with River Song is they dragged it on for two long possibly - So long that everyone by then had thought up every possible outcome so that by the time they announced it we kind of wondered if it was going to be that way.

This explains properly River Song's Timeline at least so far - the important thing to remember is from what I can tell her timeline isn't exactly in reverse order - roughly they meet in reverse but it's basically muddled up http://io9.com/5845981/river-songs-chronology-on-doctor-who-from-rivers-own-point-of-view

Also on another topic I've heard U.N.I.T are returning in an episode and one of the characters names is also the apparent name of the late brigadier's daughter (not sure if its just her name in spin off stuff). Will be nice if it is, shame the Late Nicholas Courtney never managed to get in new who, but was fun to see him in the Sarah Jane Adventures.

P.S. Met both Nicholas Courtney and Elisabeth Sladen twice years back at two doctor who conventions, great people who will be greatly missed.

Munex
15-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Absolutely adore Doctor Who, but I'm not going to read any of these posts or come back to this thread as I don't want to spoil all the twists in this series. Going to be very difficult to keep my nose out of this thread! :( Can't wait for series 7! :D

luce
16-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Sorry but Rose was the worst assistant at least in new who. Her first series was good with the bad wolf and Eccleston as the doctor, a doctor I find quite underrated I must add. However she became the most annoying assistant when they kept showing the loving side between her and the doctor and it got to much that when she actually left the show Tennant's doctor turned into an over the top whining emo type doctor. We even got the ultimate cop out in the end where she somehow got the fairytale ending by getting a half timelord version of the doctor who would age and die with her, yet again showing how uncaring she was to others but herself as she threw Mickey away once again.

I think the problem with River Song is they dragged it on for two long possibly - So long that everyone by then had thought up every possible outcome so that by the time they announced it we kind of wondered if it was going to be that way.

This explains properly River Song's Timeline at least so far - the important thing to remember is from what I can tell her timeline isn't exactly in reverse order - roughly they meet in reverse but it's basically muddled up http://io9.com/5845981/river-songs-chronology-on-doctor-who-from-rivers-own-point-of-view

Also on another topic I've heard U.N.I.T are returning in an episode and one of the characters names is also the apparent name of the late brigadier's daughter (not sure if its just her name in spin off stuff). Will be nice if it is, shame the Late Nicholas Courtney never managed to get in new who, but was fun to see him in the Sarah Jane Adventures.

P.S. Met both Nicholas Courtney and Elisabeth Sladen twice years back at two doctor who conventions, great people who will be greatly missed.

Ok cool i loved her because it was emotional and because she got the happy ending. I'm not a sifi geek, i preferred a more personal story line.

Inseriousity.
16-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Absolutely adore Doctor Who, but I'm not going to read any of these posts or come back to this thread as I don't want to spoil all the twists in this series. Going to be very difficult to keep my nose out of this thread! :( Can't wait for series 7! :D

Lol I too have decided to try and watch season 7 spoiler free. So far I am failing badly.

Munex
16-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Lol I too have decided to try and watch season 7 spoiler free. So far I am failing badly.

Gah! Don't quote me, it's making me come back to this thread! Must. Resist. Urge. To. Scroll. Up. And. Read!
I ruined the last series by looking at spoilers - can't let it happen again! :O

peteyt
17-06-2012, 04:25 AM
Ok cool i loved her because it was emotional and because she got the happy ending. I'm not a sifi geek, i preferred a more personal story line.

Yeah I like personal to but I found it too much fairytale like I think she shouldn't have came back really

luce
17-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Yeah I like personal to but I found it too much fairytale like I think she shouldn't have came back really

When did she come back? And I do think it maybe was taken a bit far like it was nice that it ended on Bad Wold Bad in S2 but I think because they kept her alive they were always going to bring her back.

peteyt
17-06-2012, 06:04 PM
When did she come back? And I do think it maybe was taken a bit far like it was nice that it ended on Bad Wold Bad in S2 but I think because they kept her alive they were always going to bring her back.

As in coming back at Journey's End - I hope they don't do this with Amy - I don't mind occasionally brining some assistants back if its necessary but I felt Rose was just come back to give a load of the people who wanted rose to get with the doctor what they wanted and in the end she got too much. Which is a shame because the character wasn't too bad to begin with

dbgtz
18-06-2012, 06:51 PM
As in coming back at Journey's End - I hope they don't do this with Amy - I don't mind occasionally brining some assistants back if its necessary but I felt Rose was just come back to give a load of the people who wanted rose to get with the doctor what they wanted and in the end she got too much. Which is a shame because the character wasn't too bad to begin with

I don't think Karen wants to return. Anyway I think that they should have taken a different direction with bringing Rose back, she should have been incredibly aged or died. I think the main problem with bringing her back, at least for me, was the happy ending they showed and I wish The Doctor would actually lose something properly, at least the DT doctor. It's like he was whining about losing so much, but then next series he would see all the things he cried about. There's no sad endings, it can't sustain all of these happy, fairytale endings and still remain relevant.

peteyt
18-06-2012, 11:12 PM
I don't think Karen wants to return. Anyway I think that they should have taken a different direction with bringing Rose back, she should have been incredibly aged or died. I think the main problem with bringing her back, at least for me, was the happy ending they showed and I wish The Doctor would actually lose something properly, at least the DT doctor. It's like he was whining about losing so much, but then next series he would see all the things he cried about. There's no sad endings, it can't sustain all of these happy, fairytale endings and still remain relevant.

Yeah exactly. I mean it just seemed to me RTD listened to all the fans who wanted a relationship with rose and the doctor and decided to do it, and created the whole two doctor thing just so he could do that. It just seemed a waste of an episode. It was a bad episode anyway's in my opinion with the switch destroying all daleks but it made it even worse.

I felt at times RTD as a fan of doctor who sometimes thought like a fan in the sense that I've had loads of over the top ideas, but fan fiction should be as it is fan fiction. A lot of fan fiction doesn't work in the series. At least Moffat tries to give the audience something, and I suppose not just himself and he isn't scared to try new things.

peteyt
04-07-2012, 01:42 AM
Looks like Jenny the Doctor's daughter is returning http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/904036-doctor-who-pictures-hint-at-catrin-stewart-return-as-cast-film-series-7

iBlueBox
04-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Looks like Jenny the Doctor's daughter is returning http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/904036-doctor-who-pictures-hint-at-catrin-stewart-return-as-cast-film-series-7

That's the other Jenny. :D

This is the Jenny from A Good Man Goes To War, who was in love with the Silurian, she's completely not related to The Doctors daughter who was in Series 4 :P

Chris
04-07-2012, 10:48 AM
I read about that yesterday but I don't seem to remember her. :P I'll have to go back and watch it again.

peteyt
04-07-2012, 11:31 PM

This is the Jenny from A Good Man Goes To War, who was in love with the Silurian, she's completely not related to The Doctors daughter who was in Series 4 :P

Sorry shouldn't post after midnight ha

Remus
06-07-2012, 05:22 PM

Damn i got excited then, I enjoyed The Doctors Daughter episode, I always hoped they'd follow that up somehow.

iBlueBox
06-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Pics from the latest filming episode!

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/matt-smith-series-7-filming.jpg

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Neve-McIntosh-Madame-Vastra-series-7-filming.jpg

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Dan-Starkey-sontaran-series-7-tux.jpg

ShayHatchard
23-07-2012, 04:22 PM
IF YOU ARE SPOILER PRONE LOOK AWAY NOW!

New titles for the new series of Doctor Who, scheduled for a August 25th broadcast have been released:
1) Asylum Of The Daleks
2) Dinosaurs On A Spaceship :P (love this title - meant to be like Snakes On A Plane)
3) A Town Called Mercy
4) Cubed *Rumoured Title*

So what do you think of the new titles? I know Asylum Of The Daleks, but all the rest were revealed at Comic Con earlier this month!

Post below what you think of the new titles, and how your looking forward to the new series.

Threads merged by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): As same topic

dbgtz
23-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Sounds like they will suck to be honest. (As optimistic as always).

Stephen
23-07-2012, 04:28 PM
The new doctor who sucks **** so i agree with the above

dbgtz
29-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Pics from the latest filming episode!

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/matt-smith-series-7-filming.jpg

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Neve-McIntosh-Madame-Vastra-series-7-filming.jpg

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Dan-Starkey-sontaran-series-7-tux.jpg

Hopefully they're not being brought back for the sake of it and actually have a crucial role.

Also as I'm here, some drawings:
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17u9em39yn14rjpg/original.jpg
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17u9dxjc2c72jjpg/original.jpg
Source: http://io9.com/5929874/completely-adorable-art-that-depicts-the-eleven-doctors-as-time-ladies

Shockwave.2CC
30-07-2012, 07:45 PM
This seasons Dr Who looks amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8YLb4Z4jU0

dbgtz
30-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Karen looking as fine as ever. Though I am disliking Moffats obsession with America and I'd rather he explored the history of other countries.

Tom
30-07-2012, 08:15 PM
I agree, Tom! America and stetsons. I prefer the fez tbh. ;)

xxMATTGxx
30-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Can't wait for it to return either way!

Chris
30-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Apparently a new trailer will be available on August 2nd. :D http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a395846/bbc-one-autumn-drama-trailer-crickley-hall-ripper-street-watch.html

iBlueBox
01-08-2012, 09:41 PM
New Promo Picture for Series 7:
http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Asylum-of-the-Daleks-Leaked-Promo-Pic.jpg

dbgtz
01-08-2012, 11:39 PM
New Promo Picture for Series 7:
http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Asylum-of-the-Daleks-Leaked-Promo-Pic.jpg

On first glance, it was just the Doctor carrying what I suspect is Amy dead, lowering my desire even more for the dalek episode. However, I happened to catch it again elsewhere and realised the daleks are styled from various years over the course of the show. Perhaps another appearance from Davros could occur too. I'm actually quite excited for this episode now, though it could easily be messed up completely if the story isn't top notch.

iBlueBox
02-08-2012, 12:08 AM
On first glance, it was just the Doctor carrying what I suspect is Amy dead, lowering my desire even more for the dalek episode. However, I happened to catch it again elsewhere and realised the daleks are styled from various years over the course of the show. Perhaps another appearance from Davros could occur too. I'm actually quite excited for this episode now, though it could easily be messed up completely if the story isn't top notch.

I have high expectations of this episode considering it's the first episode from season seven, and normally the opening of a season is a romp of a story, something light hatred but still good! Especially because this episode Asylum of the Daleks is a Dalek heavy episode. Its got an appearance of every Dalek ever from the shows history, Steven Moffat has always said since Victory of the Daleks that he has big plans for the Daleks, So I suppose this episode will tell of them, the paradigm Daleks have also been changed a small bit, on the photo you can see at the back its got a new shade of red, and now golden balls.

Though Im very excited to see the Special Weapons Dalek from Remembrance of the Daleks.

Also It will be very intresting to see Steven Moffat write a Dalek episode.

xxMATTGxx
02-08-2012, 08:48 AM
New video on this page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2012/doctor-who-new-episodes.html

I believe it's new anyway.

iBlueBox
02-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Youtube Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrEUBl2pacU&amp;feature=g-all-lik

Hold on to your fezzes,

Chris
02-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Woo the trailer is great. Excited for the first ep.

Smurfed-
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Youtube Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrEUBl2pacU&amp;feature=g-all-lik

Hold on to your fezzes,

That actually looks amazing.

dbgtz
02-08-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm glad they didn't show off too much regarding the older daleks, pretty good trailer.

Smurfed-
02-08-2012, 03:27 PM
I haven't heard much about the Dalek episode. Could someone enlighten me? :P

Chris
02-08-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't know much about it either. All I know is that it will include every dalek design from over the years.

santa-my-nana
02-08-2012, 03:34 PM
i was reading the paper this morning and the first five episodes are going to be dalek based with the doctor saving amy pond, this week on bbc one in the evening there is going to be a 90 second trailer of the season, think its tonight, not sure

Hope this was helpful

iBlueBox
02-08-2012, 03:59 PM
i was reading the paper this morning and the first five episodes are going to be dalek based with the doctor saving amy pond, this week on bbc one in the evening there is going to be a 90 second trailer of the season, think its tonight, not sure

Hope this was helpful

What newspapers that lol?

First episode is Asylum of the Daleks what basically contains every Dalek ever, with Amy and Rory being kid-napped.

This is the only dalek episode so far in this season, as all other episodes have complete different monsters and story lines.

Oh and the trailer tonight is the one posted this morning :]

The first five episodes are mostly about uniting Amy and Rory, as at the start of the season Rory is seen going for divorce papers.

santa-my-nana
02-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Metro lol, I think I might of miss read the five episodes thing by reading your spoiler

iBlueBox
03-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Some spoilers from Doctorwhotv.co.uk who have always been pretty accurate in the past for season 7

Asylum of the Daleks

The Doctor discovers what he thinks is a little girl near a giant Dalek statue. Her head opens to reveal a Dalek eyestalk.
Amy is doing a modeling shoot. The photographer points his lens to her, she looks into the camera and it also opens into a Dalek eyestalk.
Rory gets on a bus. The bus conductor’s head opens to reveal a Dalek eyestalk.
All three have been taken out of time into a Dalek holding cell. They are then lifted to the Dalek High council who have a mission for them.

Episode 5

Titled, “The Angels Wept”
The Angels turn the TARDIS to stone.

Episode 8

Titled, “The Cold War”
Mark Gatiss’ story is set in a submarine/ ice base and sees the long awaited return of the Ice Warriors.
The Ice Warriors’ look remains faithful to the classic series, although, their body armour is revealed to be just that.
David Warner plays an Ice Lord.

Series 7 Part 2

There will be a a new title sequence/a new arrangement of the theme to tie in with the 50th anniversary year.
There’s a TARDIS interior change coming
One story is set in the English countryside at an old house. Described as Image of the Fendahl meets Quatermass
An adventure set in the TARDIS centred around the Eye of Harmony
Neil Gaiman will return to write a Cybermen story that sees them totally reimagined.

Circadia
05-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Oh my life, my cousin called her new baby girl Amelia and I just omg ok

but yeah I can't wait for the next season! Hopefully it won't be as confused as last time :L Cause I couldn't quite keep up

peteyt
05-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Some spoilers from Doctorwhotv.co.uk who have always been pretty accurate in the past for season 7

Asylum of the Daleks

The Doctor discovers what he thinks is a little girl near a giant Dalek statue. Her head opens to reveal a Dalek eyestalk.
Amy is doing a modeling shoot. The photographer points his lens to her, she looks into the camera and it also opens into a Dalek eyestalk.
Rory gets on a bus. The bus conductor’s head opens to reveal a Dalek eyestalk.
All three have been taken out of time into a Dalek holding cell. They are then lifted to the Dalek High council who have a mission for them.

Episode 5

Titled, “The Angels Wept”
The Angels turn the TARDIS to stone.

Episode 8

Titled, “The Cold War”
Mark Gatiss’ story is set in a submarine/ ice base and sees the long awaited return of the Ice Warriors.
The Ice Warriors’ look remains faithful to the classic series, although, their body armour is revealed to be just that.
David Warner plays an Ice Lord.

Series 7 Part 2

There will be a a new title sequence/a new arrangement of the theme to tie in with the 50th anniversary year.
There’s a TARDIS interior change coming
One story is set in the English countryside at an old house. Described as Image of the Fendahl meets Quatermass
An adventure set in the TARDIS centred around the Eye of Harmony
Neil Gaiman will return to write a Cybermen story that sees them totally reimagined.

Oh the eye - I wonder if this means the return of more timelords.

I still wonder if the Doctor is still apparently the other or if that was dropped after the season didn't happen. Google doctor who the other!

Chris
05-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Apparently the BBC are making a special casting announcement at midnight - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a397434/doctor-who-iconic-star-casting-to-be-revealed-at-midnight.html

iBlueBox
05-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Richard E. Grant for christmas special!

dbgtz
05-08-2012, 11:42 PM
The hell is he...

:odey:
06-08-2012, 03:40 PM
I've seen quite a lot of spoilers on tumblr for this,
Like pictures of the filming etc...

I've got a question though,
Only read if you know the basic plot line of this season...

Does Amy die in this season / get replaced with a new companion?

iBlueBox
06-08-2012, 11:15 PM
I've seen quite a lot of spoilers on tumblr for this,
Like pictures of the filming etc...

I've got a question though,
Only read if you know the basic plot line of this season...

Does Amy die in this season / get replaced with a new companion?

She leaves in episode five. I don't think she will die, but I do think It will be a tragic ending. Leaves episode five , then the new companion Clara is introduced at christmas.

iBlueBox
09-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Were getting a drama about the creation of Doctor Who for one of the amazing things for the 50th!

--

http://static.bbc.co.uk/programmeimages/608xn/images/p00x4m8w.jpgMark Gatiss will travel back to the genesis of the Doctor.
The following press release has just been released:
AN ADVENTURE IN SPACE AND TIME TO MARK THE DOCTOR’S 50th BIRTHDAY
The BBC today announces that a special BBC TWO drama has been commissioned to mark the 50thanniversary of Doctor Who next year.
An Adventure in Space and Time will tell the story of the genesis of Doctor Who since its first broadcast on 23 November 1963. Exploring all aspects of the longest running science fiction series to date, the special one off 90 minute drama will also look at the many personalities involved in bringing the series to life.
Written by Mark Gatiss, it is Executive Produced by current Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat and Caroline Skinner. The single drama was commissioned by Ben Stephenson Controller, Drama and Janice Hadlow, Controller of BBC TWO.
Mark Gatiss, Writer, said:
"This is the story of how an unlikely set of brilliant people created a true Television original. And how an actor - William Hartnell - stereotyped in hard-man roles became a hero to millions of children. I've wanted to tell this story this for more years than I can remember! To make it happen for 'Doctor Who's 50th birthday is quite simply a dream come true".
Steven Moffat, Executive Producer, said:
“The story of Doctor Who is the story of television - so it's fitting in the anniversary year that we make our most important journey back in time to see how the TARDIS was launched.”
The production and transmission schedule will be confirmed next year, along with casting.

peteyt
09-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Sounds good. Not long to go to the first episode

dbgtz
12-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Not sure if this image has been posted but...

http://i.imgur.com/gElyf.jpg

Chris21ec
12-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Just a rumour tracy beaker aka Dani wants to be a dr who companion as she said in her interview its her next target

peteyt
14-08-2012, 03:20 AM

Is that the new special weapons Dalek. I got to say I'm not that keen. I liked the rusty look of the original, it added danger to the look I found especially when considering that the special weapons Dalek is apparently quite insane from loads of radiation.

Chris21ec
14-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Is that the new special weapons Dalek. I got to say I'm not that keen. I liked the rusty look of the original, it added danger to the look I found especially when considering that the special weapons Dalek is apparently quite insane from loads of radiation.

Nice pic, I agree with what you said about the daleks I myself am a fan of cybermen as daleks take almost forever to die this specific dalek has chunky gun arms lol i am sure it would be a very powerful weapon when exterminating.

xxMATTGxx
14-08-2012, 09:30 AM

Nice pic, I agree with what you said about the daleks I myself am a fan of cybermen as daleks take almost forever to die this specific dalek has chunky gun arms lol i am sure it would be a very powerful weapon when exterminating.

From what I read it's the Dalek storm and was designed for the Dark Dimensions special but it never took place. The photo seems to be one that was built by a fan/fans.

iBlueBox
14-08-2012, 11:04 PM
From what I read it's the Dalek storm and was designed for the Dark Dimensions special but it never took place. The photo seems to be one that was built by a fan/fans.

Yeah, Dalek Storm is a custom built dalek by a fan, :P

though this picture was posted on a Doctor Who forum a while back when filming series 7, as the crew were finding fan built daleks for the first episode, (Russel T Davies personnel dalek from his flat makes an appearance )
http://sandalsandsocks.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451d00d69e20134800d476a970c-800wi

Also,

from the BFI screening of Asylum of the Daleks first episode is to air on September 1st.

Also Matt has signed on for 2014 for Series 8! :D

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/asylum-of-the-daleks-promo-pic-b-2.jpg

new pictures!http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/asylum-of-the-daleks-promo-pic-b-1.jpg

Posts merged by runeaddict99 (Trailist Forum Moderator)

Shockwave.2CC
15-08-2012, 02:06 PM

We're delighted to confirm the names of all 5 episodes of Part 1 of the new series! They are:

1 – Asylum of the Daleks (by Steve Moffat)
2 – Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (by Chris Chibnall)
3 – A Town Called Mercy (by Toby Whithouse)
... 4 – The Power of Three (by Chris Chibnall)
5 – The Angels Take Manhattan (by Steven Moffat)

peteyt
18-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Does anyone know if September 1st has been officially confirmed as the start of series 7? I've seen articles stating this but I haven't seen any major newspaper or the BBC mentioning this. It probably is true although I was hoping for next saturday

iBlueBox
18-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Does anyone know if September 1st has been officially confirmed as the start of series 7? I've seen articles stating this but I haven't seen any major newspaper or the BBC mentioning this. It probably is true although I was hoping for next saturday

25th of August would of been a terrible starting date I think, too early :[ I've always prefered Docotr Who in autumn.

Theres a a preview screening on the 25th for america for press ect over there.

Though 1st of September is when it'll most likely air,

also, new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMKZYnkFwmw&amp;feature=player_embedded

peteyt
19-08-2012, 04:56 PM
25th of August would of been a terrible starting date I think, too early :[ I've always prefered Docotr Who in autumn.

Theres a a preview screening on the 25th for america for press ect over there.

Though 1st of September is when it'll most likely air,

also, new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMKZYnkFwmw&amp;feature=player_embedded

Nice Teaser. I heard that they might be holding off the date to avoid X Factor trying to pull anything to try and steal some ratings e.g. change their times

iBlueBox
22-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Doctor Who will return 1st September at 7;20 according to the radio times.

Shockwave.2CC
22-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Doctor Who will return 1st September at 7;20 according to the radio times.

Yeah thats correct for UK as thats what it says on the Dr Who page on facebook

iBlueBox
22-08-2012, 03:04 PM
'' How much trouble are we in out of ten? Eleven '' actually love Matt Smith.

New trailer,

im too excited for this series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNHEEZ_I74U&amp;feature=player_embedded

Niall!
27-08-2012, 11:38 AM
New "Pond Life" miniseries has started.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00xwctd

Chris
27-08-2012, 11:47 AM
New "Pond Life" miniseries has started.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00xwctd

Haha that was pretty funny :P

Not long to go now, can't wait :D

dbgtz
27-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Not sure if this trailer has been posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPECCBoCn9o

Chris
27-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Not sure if this trailer has been posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPECCBoCn9o

Dont think it has. Saw this one on tv a minute ago, a little bit of new footage I see! :D

iBlueBox
28-08-2012, 11:17 AM
episode two of pond life,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQZc9DzneUI&amp;feature=plcp

peteyt
30-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Ood on the Loo

Chris
30-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Pond life 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikv0QbubV7Y

& some new posters

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/35/618x436/cult_doctor_who_dinosaurs_spaceship_poster_1.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/35/618x436/cult_doctor_who_town_called_mercy_poster_1.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/35/618x541/cult_doctor_who_power_of_3_poster.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/12/35/618x436/cult_doctor_who_angels_take_manhattan_poster.jpg

Love the last one

Corina35
30-08-2012, 12:47 PM
I love Doctor who and can't wait for it to continue. I am so full of suspense.

dbgtz
30-08-2012, 01:07 PM
http://i2.cdnds.net/12/35/618x436/cult_doctor_who_dinosaurs_spaceship_poster_1.jpg
http://www.togetheragency.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/cheese.jpg

Not sure which looks cheesier.

2 days 5 hours woo.

Niall!
31-08-2012, 09:32 PM
There are rumors flying about that The Mirror is claiming Matt Smith has quit Doctor Who. Gonna have to wait to see if it's true.

https://p.twimg.com/A1p6h2zCEAAqclZ.jpg:large

inki234
31-08-2012, 10:00 PM
There are rumors flying about that The Mirror is claiming Matt Smith has quit Doctor Who. Gonna have to wait to see if it's true.

https://p.twimg.com/A1p6h2zCEAAqclZ.jpg:large
how did you get tomorrows paper, you a timetraveller xD
Oh and :O I hope not

dbgtz
31-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Even if he has, doesn't his contract end in 2013/2014?

Niall!
31-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Not photoshopped, it's the Mirror getting overexcited again.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a403160/doctor-who-bbc-denies-matt-smith-quit-reports.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter

However, BBC Head of Communications Sam Hodges swiftly took to Twitter to play down the "over excitable headline", posting (https://twitter.com/Sam_Hodges/status/241648871678304256): "#DoctorWho fans - Matt Smith hasn't quit. See him in Asylum of the Daleks, tomorrow at 7.20 on #BBC1."

Empired
31-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Let's face it, this was information from The Mirror :P

I can't wait for Doctor Who tomorrow :D I have to watch it on my own though :'(

iBlueBox
31-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Doctor Who today guys,

Also, If anyones on habbo tomorrow before and after the episode,

My TARDIS opens at 7pm for fans to discuss the episode xD

http://www.habbo.com/room/31146374

Aiden
01-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Only 2 mins now till its on!!!!!!! <3 Cant wait.

Circadia
01-09-2012, 06:29 PM
I really don't like the new text font on the title sequence lmfao:(

lawrawrrr
01-09-2012, 06:37 PM
I really don't like the new text font on the title sequence lmfao:(

ew same

this episode is not as impressive as i was hoping tbh

Circadia
01-09-2012, 07:08 PM
I swear oswin (who was inside the dalek) is the new companion?

dbgtz
01-09-2012, 07:12 PM

She is (at least must be), I wonder what's gonna happen about that.

Anyway very underwhelming episode overall, I don't get why they needed to blow the planet up when the "insane" daleks posed virtually no threat.

Jordan
01-09-2012, 07:12 PM

Yeah she is, I had to google the name in the credits to make sure. Wonder how she makes her comeback thing. Don't read this thread much so it may of been explained here already.

Empired
01-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Isn't the new companion's name Clara? CONFUSED NOW 'cause the name in the credits matches

Wasn't the best episode, if I'm honest. Looking forward to next week's though! Especially if it's got Rupert Graves, Mark Williams and David Bradley in it :D

Stephen
01-09-2012, 07:16 PM
I really enjoyed that :l

Completely hated the past few series, mostly because it was just plot onto plot onto plot which turned into some massive mind****

Hopefully they keep this plot simple without making it more complicated every episode

santa-my-nana
01-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Hmm, it was OK, nothing really good, David tennant was still a better doctor :)

Jordan
01-09-2012, 07:18 PM
I really enjoyed that :l

Completely hated the past few series, mostly because it was just plot onto plot onto plot which turned into some massive mind****

Hopefully they keep this plot simple without making it more complicated every episode

Agree with u stephen. I got annoyed with the past few episodes too because it was all about the *think about the good* or crap like that.

Jarkie
01-09-2012, 07:20 PM
So she manages to hack into the Pathweb and make the Darleks forget him BEFORE SHE COULD OPEN THE DOOR..

Circadia
01-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Isn't the new companion's name Clara? CONFUSED NOW 'cause the name in the credits matches

Wasn't the best episode, if I'm honest. Looking forward to next week's though! Especially if it's got Rupert Graves, Mark Williams and David Bradley in it :D

her last name is oswin

Its Clara Oswin :L

Inseriousity.
01-09-2012, 07:51 PM
I guessed the twist that she was a Dalek very early on. I'm getting more prepared for these twists woo :D

Fairly decent episode although hate that their divorce is over before it even begun. Pointless waste of a potential storyline and just makes Moffat look like a headline chaser.

Red
01-09-2012, 07:55 PM
I just said in hxhd that I was watching it and Luke told me the twist LOL I had already guessed early on though hehe. I didn't like the last series at all. Was so confusing for me to keep up with but I enjoyed this =]

01-09-2012, 08:40 PM
I had no idea about the twist, I'm too simple minded.. haa <3
Liked it though, some of the special effects, like that teleportation beam thing, was a bit dodgy...
Good episode overall though, glad I decided to watch it :)

Jessie
01-09-2012, 08:51 PM
I really enjoyed that episode!
Like others, I've found the last couple of series a been a bit dissapointing but hopefully this one will be great!
A really good way to introduce the new companion :D

iBlueBox
01-09-2012, 10:16 PM
MOFFAT YOU GENIUS!

I completely love Clara, and cant wait to see how she's introduced. A much stronger opening then last year!

Though would of loved more Dalek action in the Asylum!

Too excited for the next four episodes,

peteyt
02-09-2012, 03:43 AM
Really enjoyed it. The daleks have been made scary again - was great when they doctor was being backed up and shouting for Oswin. I wish there had been more daleks - like the special weapons dalek returned but you only got a quick glimpse. Also curious how they are going to introduce Oswin later on as an assistant.

I quite liked the scene when Rory said she loved him more but it seemed like a bit of a waste all of a sudden as someone mentioned they are hating each other then next thing they are back - but interesting way they brought demons run back in it.

Cokes
02-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Was weird lol but yet again it's always weird The girl inside the dalek was strange don't expect that roll on next weekend!!! Dinasours!!

garriet
02-09-2012, 09:28 AM
i really liked it although i did expect the twist of her being a dalek, i do like them to be a little more complex though because then its harder to expect the twists and stuff.

looking forward to next weeks episode :)

Cokes
02-09-2012, 09:38 AM
i really liked it although i did expect the twist of her being a dalek, i do like them to be a little more complex though because then its harder to expect the twists and stuff.

looking forward to next weeks episode :)

Agreed What they did with the daleks was totally different I'm just wondering now though the doctor is whipped from there memories so does that mean more dalek invasion?

Chris
02-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Really enjoyed the episode. I didn't expect the twist at the end there but I thought it was great!

iBlueBox
03-09-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm excited for christmas..http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01570/dr-who-1_1570182a.jpg

Mat7
03-09-2012, 10:28 PM
The recent episode was okay and I eventually guessed the twist at the end. I'm really looking forward to the next one coming up though. Looks fantastic!

garriet
08-09-2012, 07:37 PM
far tooooooo simple, i prefer last series. it was simple last week, why is it simple again :(

xxMATTGxx
08-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Those two robots made me laugh.

Jordan
09-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Loved yesterdays episode and the trowl incident, the robots were great too. Not that excited for next weeks though :(

peteyt
09-09-2012, 06:02 PM
I thought the robot's where a little annoying at times. Loved the darker side we see of the doctor at the end though and rory's dad was funny.

Chippiewill
09-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Loved the darker side we see of the doctor.
Gonna be honest, the direct contradiction involved in that was disappointing, I really don't want them portraying the Doctor as a murderer again.

The voice acting for the robots felt to forced for my liking at times, neat idea though.

peteyt
10-09-2012, 01:48 AM
Gonna be honest, the direct contradiction involved in that was disappointing, I really don't want them portraying the Doctor as a murderer again.

The voice acting for the robots felt to forced for my liking at times, neat idea though.

I didn't mind it I think it fitted well with the episode. I don't want him to turn into tennant and I think there might be consequences in the next episode maybe season of his actions.

Munex
10-09-2012, 02:35 AM
I'm finding the new series a bit boring! Also, the sexual innuendo of episode 2 made me a bit sick...

I'm not looking forward to the Western episode... looks boring. :(

peteyt
10-09-2012, 05:45 AM
I'm finding the new series a bit boring! Also, the sexual innuendo of episode 2 made me a bit sick...

I'm not looking forward to the Western episode... looks boring. :(

I've seen a few people not liking this season but as I've said to them it's only 2 episodes in. The great thing about doctor who is it can change. This season is different to the last, it's more of a mini movie each episode allowing different things, with some story arcs. I don't know if it will be as good as series 6 which had too many arcs but quite some epic ongoing stuff - the doctor dying in episode 1 I loved really made the show come in with a bang, but I do think it's going to have a few classic episodes, the last two being quite good.

Chris
10-09-2012, 02:06 PM
It makes a nice change to have some simple episodes. It's sometimes more enjoyable to just watch it without trying to get your head around it all.

Stephen
15-09-2012, 07:08 PM
this episode is zzzzzzzzzz

Chippiewill
15-09-2012, 09:44 PM
It was a good episode, but I felt in some places there was a contradiction. They really shouldn't be allowing the Doctor to hold a gun in just any episode and certainly not in a lethal manner and it's really the Doctor who should be preaching of forgiveness not Amy to the Doctor. Moffat seems to have thrown out the rulebook to create some twists whilst compromising the integrity of the main character.

DPS
16-09-2012, 09:15 AM
I guess in the next episode is when Rory and Amy will pick.. as in the spoiler he says its time to choose.

peteyt
16-09-2012, 07:15 PM
It was a good episode, but I felt in some places there was a contradiction. They really shouldn't be allowing the Doctor to hold a gun in just any episode and certainly not in a lethal manner and it's really the Doctor who should be preaching of forgiveness not Amy to the Doctor. Moffat seems to have thrown out the rulebook to create some twists whilst compromising the integrity of the main character.

I thought it works though. The doctor has dealt with a lot of stuff so you can imagine him loosing it. I think he realised in this episode that everyone has a second chance. If the doctor is just the good guy in every episode it doesn't give him a lot of scope, good to show his other sides.

The whole talk about climbing the mountain with those he had wronged was great because it hinted at the time war, the fact the doctor had to destroy his own race among other things.

iBlueBox
16-09-2012, 08:03 PM

The Doctor used firearms, lasers, loads in Old Who anyway.

dbgtz
16-09-2012, 09:15 PM

Meh, it personally doesn't bother me. I'm just glad that the person actually died rather than "THINK ABOUT LOVE AND SOMEHOW YOU WILL SURVIVE" (and that bomb in your chest will not blow up).

The Doctor used firearms, lasers, loads in Old Who anyway.

Committed genocide here and there too :L

peteyt
16-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Meh, it personally doesn't bother me. I'm just glad that the person actually died rather than "THINK ABOUT LOVE AND SOMEHOW YOU WILL SURVIVE" (and that bomb in your chest will not blow up).

Committed genocide here and there too :L

Never thought about that - it's a great thing as I to got sick of the love, remember etc. The doctor used to actually have to find proper ways out of problems.

Chris
19-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Some teasers for this weeks ep :D

1. "Oh, the Ponds - with their house and their jobs and their everyday lives…"

2. The Doctor is amused by Rory's pants.

3. "I don't know - and I really don't like not knowing!"

4. Someone gets married.

5. "Patience is for wimps!"

6. Remember the Doctor planting a smacker on Rory in 'Dinosaurs on a Spaceship'? This week Mr Pond returns the favour.

7. "All these muscles and they still don't know how to knock."

8. We hear about an unseen adventure that fans will be clamouring to see!

9. "What happened to the other people who travel with you?"

10. We've been told that the Ponds' exit will be emotional, but prepare to be choked up this week too...

MegaRAWRMaster
19-09-2012, 08:04 PM
I didn't really like this season as much as I thought I would.... the ep A town called mercy was pretty slow-paced and not too great.

Empired
20-09-2012, 03:35 PM
I think this is them starting to try an introduce Clara. When Amy stops him from shooting she says "this is what happens when you travel alone" or something similar.. Maybe this was just me overthinking, but it seemed ok to me 'cause he really does need someone to travel with to keep himself sane!

Chippiewill
21-09-2012, 10:05 PM
I guess, but it seems a bit weird that The Doctor is getting more violent in his present incarnation and it seems a bit bizarre if Amy is meant to be some kind of positive influence.

peteyt
22-09-2012, 04:59 PM
I guess, but it seems a bit weird that The Doctor is getting more violent in his present incarnation and it seems a bit bizarre if Amy is meant to be some kind of positive influence.

I like that this doctor has many sides. I felt tennant's often only seemed to show one side.

Chippiewill
22-09-2012, 07:12 PM
River Song and Angels next week - Do want.

dbgtz
22-09-2012, 07:13 PM
That was a decent episode I'd say, thank **** for no "love something and you'll live" ending.

samsaBEAR
22-09-2012, 07:14 PM
I did enjoy this episode, but I couldn't help but notice that once again the Doctor left people to die at the end.

Chris
22-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Fab episode. Great to have UNIT back in it. Next week looks sweet, can't wait!

peteyt
22-09-2012, 07:33 PM
That was a decent episode I'd say, thank **** for no "love something and you'll live" ending.

Yeah I was thinking that - it was good he had to do something. I found the episode might have been better as an hour though as all the build up to the "slow invasion" suddenly left the episode with little time to actually fix it.

Inseriousity.
22-09-2012, 07:37 PM
I did enjoy this episode, but I couldn't help but notice that once again the Doctor left people to die at the end.

Yeah I saw a body in the background and then it blew up and i was like 'oh?'. I thought I might've missed a quick one-liner as to how they were beyond saving!

Niall!
22-09-2012, 10:56 PM
My thought for next week:

The statue of liberty is an angel. It's too good of an opportunity to not take advantage of.

Chippiewill
22-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Damnit, why did you have to have such a convincingly awesome idea that totally ruins the plot for me.

Stephen
22-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Another **** episode

I don't mind matt smith but the storylines are ******* awful the past 3 series

was happy that they were finally gonna have a present day earth episode but that was such a slow episode with a rushed ending

*the enemy talks about destroying everyone then hologram disappears*

... 10 seconds later the doctor uses his screwdriver to the blow up the ship and then the episode finishes

Chippiewill
22-09-2012, 11:25 PM
I agree that it seemed rushed at the end which wasn't great but I thought the lead up was really good?

iBlueBox
23-09-2012, 03:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpjMcNUOz-I&amp;feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7SV16R7J-c&amp;feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noob3WdO4IM&amp;feature=player_embedded

peteyt
23-09-2012, 08:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpjMcNUOz-I&amp;feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7SV16R7J-c&amp;feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noob3WdO4IM&amp;feature=player_embedded

Got to say usually I prefer the UK trailers but the middle one looks more exciting to me

EpicImo
25-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Love docter who so much, dont want them to replace amy and rory though :{ Doctor who needs Amelia pond XD

Chippiewill
29-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Interesting that they've changed the intro sequence.

Chippiewill
29-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Moffatt's almost trying to insult the "power of love" haters

Circadia
29-09-2012, 07:07 PM
AND THE TEARS STREAM
DOWN MY FACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
omg
i just can't with life anymore
btw them cherubs have the most creepy ass laugh EVAA

29-09-2012, 07:18 PM
That episode was fab,
Definitely my favourite of them all so far :)
Can't wait until Christmas :(!

MKR&*42
29-09-2012, 07:22 PM
I COULDN'T WATCH THIS ONE.

I got 3 minutes in and was scared lmfao. They are the only thing in Doctor Who that will genuinely scare me... and because I'm home alone I don't fancy it :(.

iBlueBox
29-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Interesting that they've changed the intro sequence.

Since the first episode this series each title sequence has got slightly 'darker' leading to this episode.

Also,
Best ever exit for a companion.

29-09-2012, 09:20 PM
I COULDN'T WATCH THIS ONE.

I got 3 minutes in and was scared lmfao. They are the only thing in Doctor Who that will genuinely scare me... and because I'm home alone I don't fancy it :(.

I agree they're the scariest factor of DW,
I did actually jump several times during the episode, ngl.. haha :(

I wish they still made DW Confidential :(

dbgtz
29-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Moffatt's almost trying to insult the "power of love" haters

Are you referring to the paradox thing? Because if it is, I also thought that but then realised at the end Moffat basically presented it as the inevitable would have happened to him regardless.

I thought it was a fairly good episode all in all.

Chippiewill
29-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Plothole: Why didn't River give amy her time travel majigger before amy got zapped back?

Andii
29-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Ok is it just me or see te girl that gets out of the Carrage at the end for the Christmas episode. I swear that's the same doll that was turned into a darlek in on of the pervious episodes ???????

xxMATTGxx
29-09-2012, 11:24 PM
I thought it was a pretty good episode. I agree about the Weeping Angels, they are scary for sure :P

Chippiewill
29-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Ok is it just me or see te girl that gets out of the Carrage at the end for the Christmas episode. I swear that's the same doll that was turned into a darlek in on of the pervious episodes ???????
Yes it's the same actor, no we don't know if it's the same character. We do know that the character in the Christmas episode is the next companion.

lawrawrrr
29-09-2012, 11:50 PM
CRYING SO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN

NOWHERE NEAR AS SAD AS ROSE'S LEAVING SCENE BUT SERIOUSLY

peteyt
30-09-2012, 12:12 AM
CRYING SO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN

NOWHERE NEAR AS SAD AS ROSE'S LEAVING SCENE BUT SERIOUSLY

I'd disagree as Rose came to annoying so when she left it was more of a blessing.

My dad didn't like the ending said they should have left them to survive after the paradox but I think it worked to show that sometimes nothing is escapeable which also reflects some of the stuff the doctor has waiting - the field thing etc. It also worked far more emotionally having them die (in a sense) because if they'd have survived we'd have just been wondering when they where in next. I just hope they don't do a Rose and bring them back or have the doctor sulking over them for the next half of the series - I don't mind a bit of sulking because that's realism but the whole Rose thing did grate on me.

lawrawrrr
30-09-2012, 12:15 AM
I'd disagree as Rose came to annoying so when she left it was more of a blessing.

My dad didn't like the ending said they should have left them to survive after the paradox but I think it worked to show that sometimes nothing is escapeable which also reflects some of the stuff the doctor has waiting - the field thing etc. It also worked far more emotionally having them die (in a sense) because if they'd have survived we'd have just been wondering when they where in next. I just hope they don't do a Rose and bring them back or have the doctor sulking over them for the next half of the series - I don't mind a bit of sulking because that's realism but the whole Rose thing did grate on me.

yeah i do think she was getting annoying, i thought the same with amy. doesn't make the scene any less emotional, they were both absolutely fab, rose's was more emotional because of tennant's pure acting ability.

im guessing he'll sulk until oswin is back (xmas?) so it shouldnt be too long, but yeah bringing back is just annoying. As much as I'll miss them I don't think they should be back again!!

dbgtz
30-09-2012, 12:24 AM

Roses ending was great, until she then comes back later in the series which now kills it if I ever watch it.

Amy and Rory did survive after the paradox though to a certain extent, they just died from aging.

yeah i do think she was getting annoying, i thought the same with amy. doesn't make the scene any less emotional, they were both absolutely fab, rose's was more emotional because of tennant's pure acting ability.

im guessing he'll sulk until oswin is back (xmas?) so it shouldnt be too long, but yeah bringing back is just annoying. As much as I'll miss them I don't think they should be back again!!

Oswin will be interesting, I think they'll make it so she's not seen to replace anyone whereas in series 1-4 each companion seemed to replace another. Idk if that makes sense to anyone but it does in my head.

lawrawrrr
30-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Roses ending was great, until she then comes back later in the series which now kills it if I ever watch it.

Amy and Rory did survive after the paradox though to a certain extent, they just died from aging.

Oswin will be interesting, I think they'll make it so she's not seen to replace anyone whereas in series 1-4 each companion seemed to replace another. Idk if that makes sense to anyone but it does in my head.

she seemed different, someone to challenge the doctor not be confused and just there to look pretty. they moved a bit more towards that with amy but it will be interesting to see how they write her character.

Niall!
30-09-2012, 01:37 AM
I shed a single tear. Heartwrenching to say the least; I knew Moffat had said it'd be a dark end but I thought he was lying. When that Angel appeared it took me a few seconds to realize what the hell just happened then it hit me full force.

Love the way Amy finally chose between her normal life with Rory and her adventures with the Doctor. Fitting end to the pair.

Now we have to wait till Christmas :/

A4R0N
30-09-2012, 02:47 AM
wow i missed it wat happened who died

Andii
30-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Yes it's the same actor, no we don't know if it's the same character. We do know that the character in the Christmas episode is the next companion.

So does this mean that we have already seen how she this new companion like dies sorta??? ;) I really liked her in that episode aswell lol ;)

iBlueBox
30-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Oswin and Clara are somehow linked according to Steven Moffat and it will be explained in the future, but It will get more confusing first.

Also just to those who are saying, well Martha was a character before in Series 2 finale, and Karen was in the Fires of Pompie,

I would argue those two only had small roles compared to what Jenna had in Asylum she was too much involved in the plot so they must be linked somehow.

Kardan
30-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Oswin and Clara are somehow linked according to Steven Moffat and it will be explained in the future, but It will get more confusing first.

Also just to those who are saying, well Martha was a character before in Series 2 finale, and Karen was in the Fires of Pompie,

I would argue those two only had small roles compared to what Jenna had in Asylum she was too much involved in the plot so they must be linked somehow.

If you look at credits and what not, both of the new assistant's characters have the same last name, so they're probably distant distant relatives.

Chris
30-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Waaa just watched it. Made me cry but Moffat did a good job with this episode for sure.

Chippiewill
30-09-2012, 02:28 PM
I hope they bring back Brian for an episode like they did with Wilfred, I find episodes with relatives the most interesting.

peteyt
30-09-2012, 05:49 PM
I hope they bring back Brian for an episode like they did with Wilfred, I find episodes with relatives the most interesting.

I dunno I don't want him to be like Wilfred coming back. Could be interesting to have him return to tell the doctor off for not following his words of truly looking after them but I think with the ponds story now over so might his be.

Chris
12-10-2012, 12:41 PM
New little video on the doctor who website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006q2x0

Chippiewill
19-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Ooo, missed this. It's a shame they cut this out, it really ties off the story so nicely and resolve the Brain character a bit more.

iBlueBox
09-11-2012, 08:33 PM
New Cyberman design for Niel Gaimens new episode!

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/new-cybermen-gaiman-filming-b.jpg

the.games
10-11-2012, 10:34 AM
New Cyberman design for Niel Gaimens new episode!

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/new-cybermen-gaiman-filming-b.jpg

They actually look so much better in my opinion. They have kept the overall design, making it more modern as well.

I think I love it! :D

Chris
10-11-2012, 11:39 AM
I don't like that design, the other one was better :(

iBlueBox
10-11-2012, 12:00 PM
I think its a lot better.

They've cherry picked the best parts of the cybermen throughout the years, making them more true to the origin compared to Cybusmen what where 'too robotic'

It's also said they no longer have the heavy bulky march and they have the more Silent Deadly march from Tomb of the Cybermen.

Accipiter
10-11-2012, 12:10 PM

They've cherry picked the best parts of the cybermen throughout the years, making them more true to the origin compared to Cybusmen what where 'too robotic'

It's also said they no longer have the heavy bulky march and they have the more Silent Deadly march from Tomb of the Cybermen.

Was going to say they look a lot more agile, which might actually make them scary if they were running at high speeds and crashing through walls

Chippiewill
11-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Apparently a script for the episode got left in a cab..
http://i.imgur.com/8I7tc.jpg?1

iBlueBox
11-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Apparently a script for the episode got left in a cab..
http://i.imgur.com/8I7tc.jpg?1

Yeah, It was left by an extra, but been returned to the BBC safely.

peteyt
11-11-2012, 04:08 AM

Was about to come and ask something about that actually. I've heard we are now seeing classic cybermen and in closing time the cybermen where also classic and not cybus versions. However nothing has been said to say these are the original and I wonder if that's the plan or do they plan to re-introduce the original ones aka the non parallel universe ones.

iBlueBox
11-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Was about to come and ask something about that actually. I've heard we are now seeing classic cybermen and in closing time the cybermen where also classic and not cybus versions. However nothing has been said to say these are the original and I wonder if that's the plan or do they plan to re-introduce the original ones aka the non parallel universe ones.

I think its safe to say these ones are cybermen and not cyubsmen, because of Closing Time, As the new ones don't have the horrible C chest logo.

I have the feeling that this episode though is more about introducing the cybermen as classics as new ones and not the parallel cybusmen.

iBlueBox
16-11-2012, 08:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3KVpvEUTns&amp;feature=g-all-lik

geo
16-11-2012, 08:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3KVpvEUTns&amp;feature=g-all-lik

Saw gifs of this on Tumblr, can't wait for the xmas special! :P

Chris
16-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Yay the trailer was fab. Cant wait for it!! :D

xxMATTGxx
16-11-2012, 08:50 PM
EVIL SNOWMEN! Can't wait for the Christmas episode.

iBlueBox
16-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Not going to lie, the snowmen do look pretty scary!

Sho
19-11-2012, 11:26 AM
I can't wait for the Christmas special, it looks so good omg

iBlueBox
27-11-2012, 07:21 AM
Poster for the Christmas special has been realised:

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/48/618x436/tv_doctor_who_xmas_special_the_snowmen_iconic_post er.jpg

Chris
27-11-2012, 02:04 PM
I hope they keep doing these posters, they're awesome.

Shar
27-11-2012, 02:07 PM
The thing I look most forward to on christmas day in terms of christmas tv is definitely doctor who

Shockwave.2CC
27-11-2012, 04:52 PM
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s480x480/61658_561491930531505_280393624_n.jpg

Shockwave.2CC
05-12-2012, 03:42 PM
We can confirm that this year's Christmas special, The Snowmen, will be on BBC One at 5.15pm on Christmas Day.

Some nice pictures:

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/73007_565328996814465_104151827_n.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/15993_565329026814462_1673510716_n.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/532651_565328910147807_628856778_n.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252212_565328913481140_1703271139_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/559812_565328916814473_442713704_n.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/530421_565328946814470_1429144278_n.jpg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/3603_565328950147803_194131221_n.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/302826_565328953481136_1887508850_n.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/486946_565328986814466_1298285363_n.jpg

Doughnut
05-12-2012, 04:44 PM
I've never really liked Doctor Who.
I mean, I'll probably end up watching it anyway as my family love it.

Chris
05-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Those pictures look cool. So excited to see those snowmen, they look deadly.

iBlueBox
05-12-2012, 07:14 PM
I've never really liked Doctor Who.
I mean, I'll probably end up watching it anyway as my family love it.

How can you not like Doctor Who?!

Doughnut
05-12-2012, 09:31 PM
How can you not like Doctor Who?!

Its just never really appealed to me. Like, its aimed for a different type of audience than myself. Idk if that makes sense.

I can tell by your profile that you may be the biggest Doctor Who fan out there (;

Sho
05-12-2012, 10:35 PM
They keep releasing stuff on their Facebook that's making me more excited for the Christmas special, I seriously can't wait now

Kardan
05-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Being honest, I've never enjoyed a Christmas episode of Doctor Who. They always feel so disjointed from the rest of the episodes. I'll have to see how this one pans out.

peteyt
07-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Being honest, I've never enjoyed a Christmas episode of Doctor Who. They always feel so disjointed from the rest of the episodes. I'll have to see how this one pans out.

I've not been keen on most of the Christmas specials. The end of time part 1/2 was okay because it was the end of Tenant. I found last years, the doctor, widow, wardrobe too short and just kind of bad. Really wanted to see more bill bailey - I really think it would have worked better if the doctor had to try and stop him and the others instead they just teleport of the planet and are never seen again. However I do love the tear at the end of the episode

However, I have to say I love A Christmas Carol. Yeah it was over the top, with fish and sharks swimming in the sky but in a magical way. I found it really clever how they used Dickens story and turned it into a sc-fi, worked really well for me and I've read it was well received especially for a Christmas episode. I kind of think it's part of the reason last years didn't work, because it felt like a massive drop in quality for me. This years does look interesting though so fingers crossed.

iBlueBox
08-12-2012, 12:26 AM
GUYS! WHERE GETTING A NEW TARDIS INTERIOR IN THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!

Its been redesigned for the 50th and debuts in the christmas special, here's a sneak peek! http://c0014599.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_fed4732

Chris
08-12-2012, 12:59 AM
A new one again? I like the current one though :(

Sho
08-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Oh my Lord I can't wait to see it :D

iBlueBox
17-12-2012, 04:16 PM
As well as a new TARDIS were also getting a new intro and updated theme.

Sho
17-12-2012, 04:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rirju6is4Sw

Prequel for the Christmas special :D

Chris
17-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Prequel 2 was good!! Can't wait to hear the new theme.

iBlueBox
19-12-2012, 07:07 AM
New TARDIS! http://i2.cdnds.net/12/51/618x412/tv-doctor-who-new-tardis-interior-web.jpg

Chris
19-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Looks alright but I prefer the old one :(

Shockwave.2CC
19-12-2012, 01:00 PM
I prefer the David Tennant style tardis

iBlueBox
19-12-2012, 04:50 PM
I prefer the David Tennant style tardis

* Christopher Eccleston

I personally think its really nice, especially for the 50th much more true to its original design from the classic era. No longer a piece of junk.

-Nick
19-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Going to be amazing!!! Can not wait!!!

Zelda
19-12-2012, 06:28 PM
That tardis looks far worse then the one before imo (current one) , actually pretty liked the one before, tho i loved the Christopher eccleston one the most probably

Sho
19-12-2012, 08:19 PM
I actually really like it :D

peteyt
20-12-2012, 06:06 AM
The new console I'm not sure. The older Tardis's from the original looked more normal, real. This to me has a too star trek sc-fi look. Can't really explain it

Sho
25-12-2012, 03:24 AM
Not long to wait now :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!